• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

OPPO a3s - ROOTING

Search This thread

Renhardt

Oct 16, 2018
Valenzuela
Hi All,
I just wanted to ask if Rooting in Oppo a3s (Model: CPH1803) is possible.
I'm afraid to try rooting it because I haven't found any Rooting tutorials in YouTube and Google. I think it's because this was a new release. Sorry about my English grammar I hope you understand it.

I hope someone OPPO a3s user whom successfully rooting this Model will notice this thread.
Thank you for the help.

•Android 8.1.0

Last edited:

Shiroyuki82

Aug 10, 2019
Caloocan
Rooting Oppo A3s is technically ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE if we're just gonna talk in the current resources that users have, which is ADB and OTA Support.

Oppo A3s doesn't have sources, fastboot binaries, edl mode. i can do the job if it just have what i needed. porting is irrelevant in this job btw. so mostly building/compiling is needed.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

nevertheless, Debloating and Adopt process is present in which you can increase free ram (technically, by debloating - debloating will uninstall all unnecessary system apps making cpu load and ram usage lower than normal rate) and free storage (adopt SD Card as Internal). so yea, have fun finding root in this device for nothing. oppo gives more security but well yea most of us here needs root (actually not me).

AndreyKazTar

Feb 8, 2020
режим фастбута

I am not responsible for your damaged phones, everything you do, do it yourself and bear full responsibility for yourself.

Hi.
I want to warn you about the fact that you yourself can find resources where they allegedly talk about how you can successfully get root rights using applications such as King root and the like. Do not get fooled by this nonsense. King root and others like them, which can be put on the device with an ordinary apk file, are not able to give root rights to this phone. Anyway, the same King root only supports android up to version 5. It is possible to get root with its help on the 6 android, but not on many devices. But on Android 7 and above, using it will get the root, in principle, is not possible.
The problem is not even that we have a locked bootloader (without which it is not possible to install tvrp, patched boot, and possibly root), but there is no possibility to use fastboot mode. And without this mode, the bootloader cannot be unlocked. The "craftsmen" from ORRO removed the fastboot executive files from the phone, and thereby deprived the ability to use fastboot mode to further unlock the bootloader.
But I found one article supposedly solving this problem. Its essence is that through the regular recovery menu (which is called by pressing the power and volume buttons down on the phone off), a certain archive is flashed and thereby enabling the fastboot oem unlock command to be activated via fastboot, which unlocks the bootloader.
So, as I have not seen real reviews on this subject, and considering that the phone was recently purchased (although it’s used, it’s in good condition), I’m afraid to do these manipulations with the bootloader.

Reactions: TheInfinityCatcher

vishal230293

Aug 24, 2016
I found a file named update.zip in hidden folders in my oppo a3s cph1853
i dont know why this is in a hidden folder named .OTA
I tried to flash this update.zip in stock recovery but it says instalattion failed. Can anyone find what it is
h.t.t.p.s:// drive .google.com /file/d/12Qy89uncMe_Q5ATJoLCnKcj_uBAObgOo/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

vishal230293

Aug 24, 2016
Reactions: yacineKCL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,
    I just wanted to ask if Rooting in Oppo a3s (Model: CPH1803) is possible.
    I'm afraid to try rooting it because I haven't found any Rooting tutorials in YouTube and Google. I think it's because this was a new release. Sorry about my English grammar I hope you understand it.

I hope someone OPPO a3s user whom successfully rooting this Model will notice this thread.
    Thank you for the help.

•Android 8.1.0
    Guys those who have pc please try to make a twrp

I found a video on the YouTube maybe it will be helpfull...:good: xda is not allowing me to post the link so im leaving a thumbnail.
    view
    some sites on google search result say kingroot is able to root oppo a3s, but there are no comments to prove the truth
    so I don't try it
    I tried but Oppo A3s won't even let to open that Kingrôot App.

Know how to unlock BootLoader first.