Oppo A9 2020 (Rooting)

2pep

Nov 3, 2019
Hey admin's
i wish you've a good day
i just joined this community it is an impressive fourm and you guys helped me a lot of time; i really apprecite that you guys doing a great stuff for people like me.

but suddenly i didn't find anything helpful for my device which is: Oppo A9 2020 (CPH1937)

i signed up to request a hand for rooting my device. but i don't know how request :(
then i decided to open a new thread; so i can reach you.. to send you my voice..

could you please get my device rooted?

priantomo

Sep 3, 2012
Makassar
Up-_
Did you can unlock your bootloader?
I just can enter bootloader/fastboot for only 1 sec, then back to reboot into system. Any qant has UBL their oppo 15 wopp

priantomo

Sep 3, 2012
Makassar
I would like to try to make Magisk20.zip flash from the original recovery but I'm afraid that then the phone goes into bootloop
Don't do that, cause stock recovery won't flash it except you are using twrp

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I believe that access to fastboot is blocked, even I can't get into it, Oppo has chosen not to allow modding
Did you ever try to downgrade the coloros version and try reboot to fastboot?

Dr. lagg 1.1

Dec 26, 2019
Buenas, yo también tengo un oppo a9 2020, estoy buscando como rootear lo y todavía no he encontrado nada, espero que aquí en xda que es donde siempre encuentro lo consigan hacer, sino significaría que este teléfono es de los más difíciles hasta ahora ya que todos los teléfonos que he tenido los he conseguido rootear y aquí siempre tienen la solución, aunque aveces tengo que ir a HTC pero está de xda es la mejor, saludos y espero que encuentren solucion al rostro del oppo a9 2020, si encuentro algo les pasó la info

acristobalj

Apr 15, 2018
Hi, I have a Oppo a9 2020 too.

In a telegram group I have been told that you can root with these steps: (don´t have permission for url)

androidresult.com/root-oppo-a9-2020

Has anyone tried it?

Thanks so much

Vipermaxx75

Mar 14, 2020
Old Newbie needs a little help please.

Hey admin's
i wish you've a good day
i just joined this community it is an impressive fourm and you guys helped me a lot of time; i really apprecite that you guys doing a great stuff for people like me.

but suddenly i didn't find anything helpful for my device which is: Oppo A9 2020 (CPH1937)

i signed up to request a hand for rooting my device. but i don't know how request :(
then i decided to open a new thread; so i can reach you.. to send you my voice..

could you please get my device rooted?
Heya folks, good to be back on the best site on the web. I haven't done any phone work since 2010-2013 when I was working with Verizon Droid razr Maxx and HTC one Maxx. Locked up tighter than a virgins honey pot.

So, now I have a Thailand purchased Oppo a9 2020 cph1937. It's oem and bootloader unlocked and tether is wide open. I run DTAC as a carrier pay $15 for unlimited data.

This phone is absolutely wonderful. I have been out of the game for to long to start flashing ROMS, Insecure Kernals, TWRP Recoveries and all that. I have alot of reading to do to catch up with today's methodology.

It seems like it's a one button root type world today with King Root, framaroot etc. etc.

My phone is wide open, I can run TMobile on my dual SIM when I'm in the states no problem. I'm hoping someone has a definitive ways to simply get this phone rooted and get SuperSU on it (Chainfire is the man).

I'm not wanting to flash ROMs kernels or anything other than simply get root access so I can unlock some features I've come to be so used to having, o we clocking, adaway and several other features I want back, I must re-learn today's systems again and it would appear these phones would be easy to root but I'm not hearing good things from the US based equipment. I'm hoping overseas models have more options and are easier to root.

With this being a non American locked down phone with oem and bootloader unlockable with the flip of a switch, does anybody have any known ways to gain superuser on this type phone?

I hate to ask and have always done my own reading and work but the days I was actively rooting we had to get s-off, unlock bootloader as well as flash recoveries insecure kernels etc. Seem gone. Now im so far out of the game I would really appreciate any info that will help.

If root is possible any suggestions where to look are greatly appreciated. I will do all the reading and work myself, I'm not asking for someone to root it just asking for any info or possible avenues to look at that I'm unaware of.

Simple superuser access is all that's requested. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It's good to be back on the best site on the web again. Thank you for any help that can be given. I will do the work myself I've just been out of the game so long its all changed from Verizon Droid razr maxx, HTC one maxx exploit rooting, S-off with weaksauce, recoveries,twrp, backups etc.

The phone is absolutely wonderful. Unlimited data fast speed and I love it.

Never a lag tethering my Chromecast my laptop a Huawei CRO-L22 phone and an Xbox 360s all at them same time. The 5000 mAh reverse charging battery is awesome, it's 48 mp camera is magnificent and the Google built in translator in my camera is a God send.

Please list any info you have. I'm quite impressed with this phone more than any phone I've ever owned . It sports 4 cameras, magnificent pics, highly customizable, a 5000 mAh reverse charging battery I can run all that for a day plus, 30 minute fast charge, very user friendly, excellent security, 128 gb internal and a 256gb external storage is phenomenal. Voice commands for everything, secure environment, secure keyboard, ability to uninstall Facebook (thank you Lord) as well as many bloatware pre-installed apps can be installed, very fast even tethering 4-5 devices same time, Bluetooth 5.0, so much to list and it is virtually advertisement free.

I'm sure there are better phones for sure but for 275.00, no contract, 15.00 unlimited data ultra fast speeds, excellent graphics I couldn't ask for a sweeter piece of equipment. I truly hope somebody has some info and can take a few minutes giving me some possible solutions or where to find the info Thanks again. Good day to all.

Last edited:

Naxil

Apr 20, 2014
dump

Heya folks, good to be back on the best site on the web. I haven't done any phone work since 2010-2013 when I was working with Verizon Droid razr Maxx and HTC one Maxx. Locked up tighter than a virgins honey pot.

So, now I have a Thailand purchased Oppo a9 2020 cph1937. It's oem and bootloader unlocked and tether is wide open. I run DTAC as a carrier pay $15 for unlimited data.

This phone is absolutely wonderful. I have been out of the game for to long to start flashing ROMS, Insecure Kernals, TWRP Recoveries and all that. I have alot of reading to do to catch up with today's methodology.

It seems like it's a one button root type world today with King Root, framaroot etc. etc.

My phone is wide open, I can run TMobile on my dual SIM when I'm in the states no problem. I'm hoping someone has a definitive ways to simply get this phone rooted and get SuperSU on it (Chainfire is the man).

I'm not wanting to flash ROMs kernels or anything other than simply get root access so I can unlock some features I've come to be so used to having, o we clocking, adaway and several other features I want back, I must re-learn today's systems again and it would appear these phones would be easy to root but I'm not hearing good things from the US based equipment. I'm hoping overseas models have more options and are easier to root.

With this being a non American locked down phone with oem and bootloader unlockable with the flip of a switch, does anybody have any known ways to gain superuser on this type phone?

I hate to ask and have always done my own reading and work but the days I was actively rooting we had to get s-off, unlock bootloader as well as flash recoveries insecure kernels etc. Seem gone. Now im so far out of the game I would really appreciate any info that will help.

If root is possible any suggestions where to look are greatly appreciated. I will do all the reading and work myself, I'm not asking for someone to root it just asking for any info or possible avenues to look at that I'm unaware of.

Simple superuser access is all that's requested. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It's good to be back on the best site on the web again. Thank you for any help that can be given. I will do the work myself I've just been out of the game so long its all changed from Verizon Droid razr maxx, HTC one maxx exploit rooting, S-off with weaksauce, recoveries,twrp, backups etc.

The phone is absolutely wonderful. Unlimited data fast speed and I love it.

Never a lag tethering my Chromecast my laptop a Huawei CRO-L22 phone and an Xbox 360s all at them same time. The 5000 mAh reverse charging battery is awesome, it's 48 mp camera is magnificent and the Google built in translator in my camera is a God send.

Please list any info you have. I'm quite impressed with this phone more than any phone I've ever owned . It sports 4 cameras, magnificent pics, highly customizable, a 5000 mAh reverse charging battery I can run all that for a day plus, 30 minute fast charge, very user friendly, excellent security, 128 gb internal and a 256gb external storage is phenomenal. Voice commands for everything, secure environment, secure keyboard, ability to uninstall Facebook (thank you Lord) as well as many bloatware pre-installed apps can be installed, very fast even tethering 4-5 devices same time, Bluetooth 5.0, so much to list and it is virtually advertisement free.

I'm sure there are better phones for sure but for 275.00, no contract, 15.00 unlimited data ultra fast speeds, excellent graphics I couldn't ask for a sweeter piece of equipment. I truly hope somebody has some info and can take a few minutes giving me some possible solutions or where to find the info Thanks again. Good day to all.
dump your phone rom and people can look how to root it. i have oppo a5 and have flashboot blocked

Vipermaxx75

Mar 14, 2020
Dump rom?

Forgive me, I'm unsure how to dump my rom so people can look at it? Can you explain or direct me to a specific thread on how to accomplish this? Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

sresam89

Jul 23, 2012
Reactions: Supermatt01

Supermatt01

Nov 20, 2010
Surabaya
OPPO won't allow unlocking the bootloader and rooting. And XDA promotes OPPO devices any way. They used to not promote anything that wasn't development friendly. Now they seem to promote any company that makes them money.

Reactions: Foo Bar