Question Oppo Find N2 calling/receiving calls issue?? Help needed

Search This thread

frostywinter

Oct 19, 2010
Hello there,

I have had my Find N2 (fold) for about a week now and all has been going well until the last 24 hrs or so...

I am in Australia on the Telstra network and have 2 Telstra sims in the phone both that have been working fine up until now..

The issue is that as of past 24 hrs or so the phone can make and receive calls (on either sim) but the calls always drop out after about 2-3 seconds..
You can hear and speak to the other person but only for a very brief moment before the call drops out.

This is the same for receiving calls not just me dialing out.

The first week or 10 days the phone didn't have this issue and worked fine... its only in the past 24 hours

I did a full factory reset and it was working fine again but now about 24 hrs latter same issue!!

I did try putting in a different sim (Vodafone) and it does the same thing - so doesn't appear to be network related...

Some setting in the phone perhaps???

Any suggestions to help would be most welcome..

Thanks

Frosty

frostywinter

Oct 19, 2010
I seemed to have worked out what the issue was...

I use the phone for personal and work thus the 2 sims - my work email requires me to setup a work profile which the app Microsoft Intune does.
When I have the 'Work" apps enabled this makes the phone calls not work (as per my above issue)
When the "work" profile is disabled all calls work normally - luckily its a simple one button click to disable and enable the work profile - so I just leave it disabled most of the time and just enable it when I need to check work emails.
This might help someone else one day if they have the same issue.

Frosty

CedricFP

Sep 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
Oppo Find N
I seemed to have worked out what the issue was...

I use the phone for personal and work thus the 2 sims - my work email requires me to setup a work profile which the app Microsoft Intune does.
When I have the 'Work" apps enabled this makes the phone calls not work (as per my above issue)
When the "work" profile is disabled all calls work normally - luckily its a simple one button click to disable and enable the work profile - so I just leave it disabled most of the time and just enable it when I need to check work emails.
This might help someone else one day if they have the same issue.

Frosty
That's interesting. Oppo just pushed an update (A.35) to my N2 and coincidentally listed as one of the fixes is: "Fixes an issue that might cause your device to drop calls in certain scenarios".

How are you finding the N2 so far? Anything in particular stand out, and do you have any general tips or hacks you've done that you like?

frostywinter

Oct 19, 2010
I am really enjoying the N2 - it does take some time to uninstall the Chinese apps (the ones that you can uninstall that is) configuring the Work profile took a few try's to get that going.
I still don't get all the notifications I would like - like from my eufy security cameras but luckily the notifications do come through to my Garmin Venu 2+ watch so I can see them that way.
I find the factory email app work pretty well so I use that one for my personal emails.
WhatsApp, Facebook and Facebook messenger also work well and get notifications.
You can install and use custom icons which is nice since other launchers won't work properly.
Battery life is excellent easily getting 24-30 hours.
The form factor is excellent!

Cheers

Frosty

CedricFP

Sep 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
Oppo Find N
I am really enjoying the N2 - it does take some time to uninstall the Chinese apps (the ones that you can uninstall that is) configuring the Work profile took a few try's to get that going.
I still don't get all the notifications I would like - like from my eufy security cameras but luckily the notifications do come through to my Garmin Venu 2+ watch so I can see them that way.
I find the factory email app work pretty well so I use that one for my personal emails.
WhatsApp, Facebook and Facebook messenger also work well and get notifications.
You can install and use custom icons which is nice since other launchers won't work properly.
Battery life is excellent easily getting 24-30 hours.
The form factor is excellent!

Cheers

Frosty
Thanks -- I am also very impressed with the battery life. Where did you find new icons? On the oppo theme store?

On the notification front I only need gmail and whatsapp at the moment and get them consistently enough (though sometimes I notice gmail takes a bit of time).

And yes, agreed, the form factor is great. It took a while to get used to the weight of the phone, but now that I am I'm loving it. It really is a perfectly sized mini tablet, too, and I'm glad it opens into landscape because if I'm opening it, for my use case, I'm almost always wanting the app to open in landscape mode (and the layout differences that entails) and not portrait mode. Having to rotate the phone every time I unfolded it would be quite annoying.

Re the stock Chinese apps, yes, many of them can't be uninstalled or disabled. So I just put them all in an "Oppo" folder and forgot about them lol

CMPIXER

Aug 12, 2010
That's interesting. Oppo just pushed an update (A.35) to my N2 and coincidentally listed as one of the fixes is: "Fixes an issue that might cause your device to drop calls in certain scenarios".

How are you finding the N2 so far? Anything in particular stand out, and do you have any general tips or hacks you've done that you like?
Did your A.35 update affect your inner screen layout like the Oppo Find N owners are discussing?

frostywinter

Oct 19, 2010
Interesting that after installing the latest .35 update on my N2 that the issue of calls dropping out when using the work profile appears to have gone :) So this is good.
Does anyone have the English translation of what the .35 update did - the change log only shows in Chinese.
Apart from my call issue been fixed I haven't noticed anything else with the 900+meg update.

For getting different icons on the N2 I just downloaded some of my favourites from the Play Store - you apply them by pressing on a blank spot on your screen and selecting "icons" and the new ones will appear there to use.

I didn't notice any affect to the inner screen layout with the .35 update.

Cheers

Frosty

Reactions: CMPIXER

CedricFP

Sep 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
Oppo Find N
Strange, mine shows in English:

DiRZ3Ov_d.webp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Interesting that after installing the latest .35 update on my N2 that the issue of calls dropping out when using the work profile appears to have gone :) So this is good.
    Does anyone have the English translation of what the .35 update did - the change log only shows in Chinese.
    Apart from my call issue been fixed I haven't noticed anything else with the 900+meg update.

For getting different icons on the N2 I just downloaded some of my favourites from the Play Store - you apply them by pressing on a blank spot on your screen and selecting "icons" and the new ones will appear there to use.

I didn't notice any affect to the inner screen layout with the .35 update.

Cheers

Frosty