Question Oppo find x3 pro always-on display doesn't work after android 12.

Search This thread

RadAustin

Dec 24, 2021
Hello everyone, I got the update 2-3 days ago and among the improvements I realised that the always-on display does no longer turn on. I tried changing the resolution, turning the feature on and off, restarting the phone, nothing..
Anyone else with the same issue or with ideas how to fix it?
Thanks and Merry Christmas!

RadAustin

Dec 24, 2021
Have u done factory reset after update? It is advised to do so after major updates.
No, I think I'll go ahead and do it. I just wish that the built in back up feature was able to include the pictures/videos and the music, not only contacts, settings and apps.
Do you know a way to that on the phone itself? Because I don't have a pc available to me right now

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
No, I think I'll go ahead and do it. I just wish that the built in back up feature was able to include the pictures/videos and the music, not only contacts, settings and apps.
Do you know a way to that on the phone itself? Because I don't have a pc available to me right now
Google drive upload? MS One Drive. They have an option to automatically bakcup any image/video from your phone. Btw. I suggest setting up applications from scratch - not using any backups.

Reactions: RadAustin

TenNewt

Jun 16, 2015
I am having the same issue. It was working after the update but in my case, it stopped working after I factory reset the device. I hope they issue an update soon to solve this.

alberto_y

Apr 8, 2022
I got my update this morning and was gutted that it broke the AOD, however, I found this fix in another thread, worked for me.
Hi, to solve the problem with the always on display you need to install this fix:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iDluKHpyeMUQjtK3ONS9lNrDy2bnynPs/view
and then restart the smartphone.
it worked on my find x3 lite (IT).
I hope I was helpful :)

Can I have more details about this APK (source of the APK, permissions, actions, etc.)?
There's a lot of Realme GT family users with the same problem with AOD, and should be useful if can solve the problem without the factory reset
Thank you

Reactions: YeOldeFoxeh

Guest69

Aug 26, 2006
Harrogate
Sony Xperia 1
Can I have more details about this APK (source of the APK, permissions, actions, etc.)?
There's a lot of Realme GT family users with the same problem with AOD, and should be useful if can solve the problem without the factory reset
Thank you
Sorry, I don't have any details, other than what was in the link I'm afraid. I'm normally super paranoid with this sort of thing. I suppose I trusted it because it was on this site 🤔
Sorry, I've only just realised I didn't give the link to the original thread, hang on . . .

alberto_y

Apr 8, 2022
Sorry, I don't have any details, other than what was in the link I'm afraid. I'm normally super paranoid with this sort of thing. I suppose I trusted it because it was on this site 🤔
Sorry, I've only just realised I didn't give the link to the original thread, hang on . . .
Thank you for the kind reply.
Please in which thread/post you found this link? Posted from which XDA user?
I'm sure that you want to help, but I think it will better to be a little paranoid, to avoid security Issues 😉
I scanned it on Virustotal, and it show in the certificate "Android Team" from "Oplus.com", and [email protected], but after a short search I didn't found a website or a confirmation about that's OnePlus.
Then it requires android.permission.CREATE_USERS (maybe to fix some rights problem that origin the problem), and another thing oplus.permission.OPLUS_COMPONENT_SAFE.
Thank you 😀

Reactions: YeOldeFoxeh

ForeverYoung7

Oct 18, 2021
Hi

On my Oppo Find X5 is it still not working with the fix. Is there any other way to have it? (the corner ring light not working)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have u done factory reset after update? It is advised to do so after major updates.
    Google drive upload? MS One Drive. They have an option to automatically bakcup any image/video from your phone. Btw. I suggest setting up applications from scratch - not using any backups.
    I got my update this morning and was gutted that it broke the AOD, however, I found this fix in another thread, worked for me.
    Hi, to solve the problem with the always on display you need to install this fix:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iDluKHpyeMUQjtK3ONS9lNrDy2bnynPs/view
    and then restart the smartphone.
    it worked on my find x3 lite (IT).
    I hope I was helpful :)

Thank you
    Thank you for the kind reply.
    Please in which thread/post you found this link? Posted from which XDA user?
    I'm sure that you want to help, but I think it will better to be a little paranoid, to avoid security Issues 😉
    I scanned it on Virustotal, and it show in the certificate "Android Team" from "Oplus.com", and [email protected], but after a short search I didn't found a website or a confirmation about that's OnePlus.
    Then it requires android.permission.CREATE_USERS (maybe to fix some rights problem that origin the problem), and another thing oplus.permission.OPLUS_COMPONENT_SAFE.
    Thank you 😀