• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Oppo Reno 5G - Updates in Europe

Search This thread

Neo XL

Feb 24, 2006
Kassel
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Since 30th of january 2021 a new version of Color OS 7.1 is online.
C.30: November Security Patch
C.31 (UK): January Security Patch
No other descriptions.
I´ve installed 1st the Swiss rom, after it the UK rom, all runs well.

Last edited:

Neo XL

Feb 24, 2006
Kassel
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
It seems that every update makes the camera quality more worse. Maybe Oppo wants to lead the customers to buy their newer phones. I´m very disappointed. In the beginning the pictures have had a very good quality, also the zoom pictures. Now they are no more sharp as before and the zoom pictures are often washed out. The pictures in the evening look more yellow than before. If the next update to Color OS 11 (if it comes???) brings no optimizations i will sell this device. Then i will go back to Xiaomi or Samsung, especially on Xiaomi i saw steps forward with the most updates, not back as here.

Cathie1985

Jun 2, 2021
Oppo said me that the reno 5g will not be updated to android 11... I don't know why because reno and reno 10x zoom will be updated! It really disapoint me!

Neo XL

Feb 24, 2006
Kassel
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Oppo said me that the reno 5g will not be updated to android 11... I don't know why because reno and reno 10x zoom will be updated! It really disapoint me!
It seems, that you´re right. The swiss side has removed the updates for this device. But don´t worry. Oppo-Devices are not good as Xiaomi or Samsung. It was an experience, but i will never buy an device from Oppo again. With every update the camera quality becomes more bad, also since update to version 7 the theme store was removed and no effort of Oppo, to integrate it again. Such a bad update policy i´ve never have had by other manufacturers before. So for me the solution is to sell this device and buy again an xiaomi - better screen, better photos, better updates, more options.

Cathie1985

Jun 2, 2021
For the swiss website from oppo that renoved updates for this model, i think it's only for a moment . In italia they made this before and now we can choose reno 5g again!

Sorry for your camera!

I'm looking for a xiaomi for my next phone too!

Cathie1985

Jun 2, 2021
For my reno 5g with c.34 update I don't see any change in photo quality

Attachments

• IMG20210608144351.jpg
    IMG20210608144351.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24

Neo XL

Feb 24, 2006
Kassel
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
It´s a different rom number CPH1919 (10x), CPH1921(5G), so that won´t go- only if you edit the files of this rom, which depend to this version. Oppo is not interested in updating our devices - too little sells. Most countries in the world received the 10x-device. For me this device is soon history and also this brand.

Last edited:

Cathie1985

Jun 2, 2021
It´s a different rom number CPH1919 (10x), CPH1921(5G), so that won´t go- only if you edit the files of this rom, which depend to this version. Oppo is not interested in updating our devices - too little sells. Most countries in the world received the 10x-device. For me this device is soon history and also this brand.
New update :

And I chat with OPPO australia support (because I have an Australian version) and they said me last week that the reno 5g will have COS 11. I don't know who believe haha!

They say me stay tuned, you'll have it!

So can we hope for it or not?

saraprobe

Jun 4, 2015
New update :

And I chat with OPPO australia support (because I have an Australian version) and they said me last week that the reno 5g will have COS 11. I don't know who believe haha!

They say me stay tuned, you'll have it!

So can we hope for it or not?
I know waiting waiting waiting
Will never buy this 🗑️again

Cathie1985

Jun 2, 2021
I know waiting waiting waiting
Will never buy this 🗑️again

Do you look that oppo reno 10x zoom has c.35 update and the reno 5g too?

Maybe we can Hope!

Oppo australia said me that the reno 5g will have the update!

It would be special that the origjnal reno (cph1917) the reno 10x zoon (cph1919) get the update but not the reno 5g!

Just don't forget that the reno and reno 10x zoom got beta update ONLY in india!

So the global will be after for sure!

I just think positive! 😉

sfffbfhfhjdjddjView attachment 5372943

From oppo Australia 😉

are you sure they understood what reno 5G you were asking?
because I got 2 different answers when I asked them on Twitter and pretty sure that that one time they told me it will be updated was because they thought I was talking about other reno 5g (with they naming scheme I'm not even surprised)

Cathie1985

Jun 2, 2021
are you sure they understood what reno 5G you were asking?
because I got 2 different answers when I asked them on Twitter and pretty sure that that one time they told me it will be updated was because they thought I was talking about other reno 5g (with they naming scheme I'm not even surprised)

I told them reno 5g cph1921 so with the nimber I guess they understand

Top Liked Posts