• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Oppo Watch - Flash Wear OS

Search This thread

nishanloshan

Mar 31, 2021
I expect we will be able to flash a WearOS ROM to the Chinese hardware, or at least - once bootloader is unlocked - put the WearOS / Google apps into the system volume.

Reactions: noneamongothers

MagneFire

Apr 8, 2015
Just leaving this here, as I don't actually own this watch.
But there is actually a firehose file available: https://github.com/bkerler/Loaders/blob/main/oppo/000520e100510000_c8b4fe1cd7221f88_fhprg_peek.bin you should be able to use this within the https://github.com/bkerler/edl tool.
If this firehose file is not working then you can also try and extract the firehose file from an OTA image. See this for a list of OTAs you can download: https://gist.github.com/Naqwada/c4746c3a93928433200f16f8ecf2da49 or see the instructions on how you can download the OTA firmware relevant for your watch.
I successfully extracted one of the .ofp files using this script: https://github.com/bkerler/oppo_decrypt/blob/master/ofp_qc_decrypt.py

Hopefully this is useful to one of you.

Reactions: noneamongothers

NICI57

Jun 28, 2016
Hi friends.
To get into the stock recovery, what kind of team is needed ???

3.png
4.png
1..jpg
1.jpg
20210702_155348.jpg
20210702_160346.jpg
20210702_163521.jpg

Attachments

• Video.rar
    5.5 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Aleplus

Jul 13, 2020

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I actually have a couple things in the works. I have two OPPO watches. You can actually get into EDL mode by turning the watch off, holding the secondary button while connecting it to the cradle when plugged into the computer. Im just trying to find the right bootloader file to be able to modify the system and dump the filesystem. Any help is appreciated
    There will be a way - technically it's the same hardware, only the model number is different.

The issue is that there is no fastboot, OEM unlock or root available. Once we can write to the system volume, we can put the WearOS apps in there just as we can with the Mobvoi.

I've been searching the Chinese forums and there is no unlocked bootloader yet, once this happens - we are golden.
    Qualcomm changed the naming conventions when the launched the 4100 series chips.

The actual processor core in the 2500 & 3100 is the same. The difference is that the 3100 uses its a Qualcomm low power co-processor (QCC1100 / Blackghost) where the 2500 can be paired with any micro controller. It's all about marketing and product management decisions, there is not technical differences.

Oppo watch comes with the Apollo 3 co-processor which is the same that powers their stand alone fitness bands.

I expect we will be able to flash a WearOS ROM to the Chinese hardware, or at least - once bootloader is unlocked - put the WearOS / Google apps into the system volume.
    Hello everyone and happy new year. Stay safe..
    According to Oppo...
    "the Oppo watch has the security boot function, so even if the kernel is compiled successfully, the unsigned kernel cannot run directly on the watch".

I am thinking to retur my Oppo watch 46mm back. I can't get the compiled kernel to run on this watch. No custom kernel, twrp for this device.
    I actually have a couple things in the works. I have two OPPO watches. You can actually get into EDL mode by turning the watch off, holding the secondary button while connecting it to the cradle when plugged into the computer. Im just trying to find the right bootloader file to be able to modify the system and dump the filesystem. Any help is appreciated
    This is exciting, and I think you're right about the EDL mode. I was able to engage that on my oppo watch (Chinese version). Just hoping for a way to get wear os flashed next. Thanks for sharing this info.