Optimized LineageOS19.1 v9.0 [11Oct/2023]

The future of Optimized LineageOS

• Stop it. We need a new base like crdroid or ResurrectionRemix for more tweaks

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • Keep doing what you do.

Votes: 112 86.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
oh right, they are.
if you want, you could just completely substitute them for software buttons, but i dont know if you want to do that or not.

hmm, well i would recommend first trying to flash the other firmwares
ive already tried flashing a multitude of different firmwares to my sgh-m919v and it never bricked the phone. i hear that flashing the modem files may brick it, but ive never actually bricked mine, so you may want to try messing around with different firmware versions. flashing i337m and m919 firmware kept the phone perfectly functional (it still wouldnt boot into this rom. im now 200% sure its the display, the one part i really didnt want to replace..)
also, it seems like the home button bypasses most of the circutry (just guessing based on my experiences) because all my softkeys are physically broken (the little softkey control board is crunched) but the home button still works. im pretty sure it goes on a different rail, so if you're experienced in microsoldering, you could figure something out (not that it'd be a very good solution judging by the fact that you might aswell just use software buttons).
anyways, id first recommend just trying to boot it without the buttons connected at all, just to see if it boots like that. if it does, you can then try using the software solutions like flashing different firmwares or using software buttons if you're confterable with them. if it doesnt work AT ALL then you're probably looking at getting some new softbuttons/board or trying to debug further.
Unplugging the connector that feeds the 3 buttons still wouldn't boot the first time. I left it for 15 minutes, 3 times and just stayed on the boot screen.

Wonder if jdcteam could edit the code based on the error log...

droydr

Feb 25, 2014
make shure you are download NOT arm64, not ver. 11.0.0 or 10.0.0

right version is:

MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm-blah_blah_blah.zip​

hello -

i'm unable to flash those regular arm GApps (NOT arm64) June 5 version you mentioned above on my SGH-M919 (jfltemo)

i didn't have a problem flashing the latest ROM v6 within TWRP 3.6.2-9.0 but the GApps flash is failing

here's what the message says on my screen within TWRP:

MindTheGapps installer
Extracting files
Setting up environment
Mounting partitions
Could not mount/mnt/system! Aborting
Cleaning up files
Unmounting partitions
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm-20220605_111643.zip'

Updating partition details...
...done

i've tried shutting down and rebooting system several times and then flashing again but it fails each time

any suggestions? thanks for your time and help

Last edited:

droydr

Feb 25, 2014
^^ update on above

i figured i'd keep the above post there just in case anyone else runs into the same problem

anyway, i think i found the issue - the GApps didn't flash with TWRP 3.6.2-9.0 (testing), so i figured i'd try flashing them using the latest official TWRP "3.6.1_9-0-jflte.img" version instead and that worked

notnoelchannel

Sep 18, 2021
/dev/block/mmcblk0p9
Nexus 7
Galaxy Y Duos
^^ update on above

i figured i'd keep the above post there just in case anyone else runs into the same problem

anyway, i think i found the issue - the GApps didn't flash with TWRP 3.6.2-9.0 (testing), so i figured i'd try flashing them using the latest official TWRP "3.6.1_9-0-jflte.img" version instead and that worked
can you provide me the recovery.log ?
when it failed to flash gapps on twrp 3.6.2?

Reactions: pocketrule

schitthoch2

Dec 15, 2010
Hi.
I have just updated from v5 to v6 and updated to latest MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm at the same time.

When i have rebooted the phone it does not connect to known WLANs. I have to manually turn off and again on the WLAN/Internet in order to connect succesfully afterwards .

How can I solve this?

Second issue is that I cannot make Kiosk mode to run. I can`t choose an app to be used as pinned.

Reactions: tobih25

greatninja

May 10, 2010
Hi.
I have just updated from v5 to v6 and updated to latest MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm at the same time.

When i have rebooted the phone it does not connect to known WLANs. I have to manually turn off and again on the WLAN/Internet in order to connect succesfully afterwards .

How can I solve this?

Second issue is that I cannot make Kiosk mode to run. I can`t choose an app to be used as pinned.
wifi Is known rom problem still needs to be fixed by @side
for now you can use "reset network settings" when problem appears
nothing more you can do with this

JohnnyGui

Dec 26, 2013
Hey guys,

The split screen feature is not working for some reason with Lineageos 19.

It worked flawlessly with version 18. How come?

thorti1

Jul 25, 2019
Thanks for the great ROM. I found that there is a problem mirroring the display to a computer using Apowermirror or Airmore or MyPhoneExplorer or Airdroid. When switching between the startup screens, the screen switching is very slow, until disconnecting. Same problem when scrolling the app list.

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
Thanks for the great ROM. I found that there is a problem mirroring the display to a computer using Apowermirror or Airmore or MyPhoneExplorer or Airdroid. When switching between the startup screens, the screen switching is very slow, until disconnecting. Same problem when scrolling the app list.
I don't know which technique these apps use. But your description seems very similar to the problems with built-in wireless display / miracast. The developer is aware about this problem. But we can't expect a quick solution. We have to wait, if it can be fixed at all and if he's got time to do it.

Sterillium

Feb 29, 2008
Amazing AMAZING work!

Is there a way to activate navigation gestures?

(Sorry if this question has been answered, I searched but couldn't find anything).

droydr

Feb 25, 2014
hello,

i'm unable to make outgoing phone calls or receive incoming calls either. incoming calls go straight to voice mail and outgoing calls never successfully connect. it just says "Calling xxx number" but eventually the call just ends without it ever having been connected.

WiFi and Mobile Data work fine, but perhaps it doesn't recognize my sim card entirely? there's an exclamation point embedded within the cellular signal icon in the notification bar.

my carrier is H2O Wireless (AT&T mvno)

model SGH-M919 on latest 19.1 v6 with Mind The Gapps

i've taken out the sim several times, wiped it off, blown air into the sim slot, etc. and then put it back in, powered down phone, restart system, nothing's helped

i see the posts early in this thread where some users mentioned unrecognized sim issues, but it's not clear how/if those were resolved? one person mentioned they were going back to 18.1 v9 - not sure if that's something i should try or not.

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:

gwm121

Apr 16, 2020
thx downloaded optimised 19

usinng odin is .img.tar for twrp ok to use

at present having laded pixel pye on 19505 twrp dissapeared it only boots to pixel, so far ive been unable to reload twrp even though it shes success withodin, any suggestions

droydr

Feb 25, 2014
follow up to my post #234 above..

i talked to my wireless carrier (H2O Wireless) and they said the S4 is no longer supported on their network (AT&T) since they've shut down their 3G network. they said the S4 "lacks the necessary 4G bands that AT&T requires". also, the S4 is not listed as an approved device on the AT&T website either.

i asked how that could be since the S4 has LTE and i can still text and use mobile data with it, just not make or receive calls. the tech guy basically said that i'm lucky i can still do that much with it, but eventually those features won't work either as long as i'm with H2O/AT&T. he said it's possible the S4 could potentially work with a different carrier, but doesn't know one to refer me to.

couple questions...

1. is this info they told me correct - the S4 lacks certain (or all) 4G bands?

2. for those of you who are still able to use your unlocked GSM S4 in the USA - which carrier are you on?

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
... unable to make outgoing phone calls or receive incoming calls ... Mobile Data work fine, but perhaps it doesn't recognize my sim card entirely? there's an exclamation point embedded within the cellular signal icon in the notification bar.
my carrier is H2O Wireless (AT&T mvno)
I've never heard of sim cards which only get recognized partly by a mobile phone. If mobile data works fine, your phone should be able to make and receive calls, too. I've read some time ago, that carriers switching from "classic" calls to VoLTE. Maybe that's with your carrier, too. Unfortunately, our old S4 doesn't support it at all.

Reactions: droydr

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
follow up to my post #234 above..
... carrier (H2O Wireless) and they said the S4 is no longer supported on their network (AT&T) since they've shut down their 3G network. they said the S4 "lacks the necessary 4G bands that AT&T requires".
... is this info they told me correct - the S4 lacks certain (or all) 4G bands? ...
IIRC, that's not entirely true. Obviously I was right to assume your carrier switched to VoLTE. Until now I thought, VoLTE works with the existing 4G bands. But - of course - in any case your device has to support it. If you want to know more about it, you can just search for VoLTE. I'm quite sure, the internet is full of information about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: droydr

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
thx downloaded optimised 19

usinng odin is .img.tar for twrp ok to use

at present having laded pixel pye on 19505 twrp dissapeared it only boots to pixel, so far ive been unable to reload twrp even though it shes success withodin, any suggestions
If you've got problems, you should (always) first check op if there are known problems / information about flashing etc. If you would have done it, you could have seen the reference to SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 UNIFIED GUIDES & COLLECTION 👨‍🏫 from @Retrial - a great collection of flashing (and troubleshooting) guides. I advise to check it out.

Reactions: Retrial

droydr

Feb 25, 2014
I've never heard of sim cards which only get recognized partly by a mobile phone. If mobile data works fine, your phone should be able to make and receive calls, too. I've read some time ago, that carriers switching from "classic" calls to VoLTE. Maybe that's with your carrier, too. Unfortunately, our old S4 doesn't support it at all.
thanks for the info

yes, it must be a VoLTE capable device is what they said

i'm on a cheap pre-paid plan with them so switching carriers isn't a big deal, however i don't know if there are any other carriers in the USA who still support "classic" calls where the S4 could still work

should i assume most current users in this thread live outside the USA and are with carriers using older network technology?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s4meme.png
    @qweiniq

Had a similar or even the same problem.

In my case it was the FS2S data partition. However, the kernel used here apparently expects ext4 data partitions.

I was also only able to use ext4 file systems as system partition.

Since the S4 Galaxys are already 10 years old, they are now gradually wearing out due to broken internal memory cells. Therefore, I usually try to use the less write-intensive FS2S file system (in terms of self-managing) to gain some remaining time in this problem.
    Optimized LineageOS 19.1
    Maximize the potential of your device⚡

⚠️ DISCLAIMER ⚠️
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device.
    You have been warned!

FEATURES 💫

• Based on Official LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12.1)
    • Latest Security Updates integrated
    • Improved Speed, Stability, RAM usage & Battery drain