Optimized LineageOS19.1 v8.0 [4Dec]

The future of Optimized LineageOS

• Stop it. We need a new base like crdroid or ResurrectionRemix for more tweaks

• Keep doing what you do.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

ZanyG

Sep 5, 2013
Thanks for this! Works fine for me now.

Try toggling Airplane mode on and off four times. That should fix that.
Thanks to that the wireless issue is fixed for me.

Another issue came from the google play services (bitgapps) which prevented deep sleep and would suck the battery dry overnight. Might have been my mistake in restoring accounts via titanium though.

I'd love to see more governors to maximizing battery life and cpu underclocking at ~160 mhz added. That doesn't need to be a default - just unlocked to be set in kernel managers. [email protected] works for my device but others are apparently unstable below 384mhz.

Cheers!

Last edited:

DavidSuter393

Jul 5, 2015
Thanks for this! Works fine for me now.

Thanks to that the wireless issue is fixed for me.

Another issue came from the google play services (bitgapps) which prevented deep sleep and would suck the battery dry overnight. Might have been my mistake in restoring accounts via titanium though.

I'd love to see more governors to maximizing battery life and cpu underclocking at ~160 mhz added. That doesn't need to be a default - just unlocked to be set in kernel managers. [email protected] works for my device but others are apparently unstable below 384mhz.

Cheers!
Your welcome. I'm always here to help. When I had installed the Google app, it did the same thing. When I uninstalled it it went away. Cheers to you too.

ZanyG

Sep 5, 2013
Your welcome. I'm always here to help. When I had installed the Google app, it did the same thing. When I uninstalled it it went away. Cheers to you too.
Have you figured out a way to have google apps work? Perhaps with other packs (open gapps doesnt seem to have a A12 version yet)?
The best I could come up with is to deactivate the google stuff and switch it back on when I need it - which is tedious. It might be time to look into foss alternatives, but sadly google location services make a huge difference in gps performance for me and I'm not sure if there is a replacement that works for that :(

DavidSuter393

Jul 5, 2015
Have you figured out a way to have google apps work? Perhaps with other packs (open gapps doesnt seem to have a A12 version yet)?
The best I could come up with is to deactivate the google stuff and switch it back on when I need it - which is tedious. It might be time to look into foss alternatives, but sadly google location services make a huge difference in gps performance for me and I'm not sure if there is a replacement that works for that
Use Google go lite. That is the best thing I can think of. Sorry I accidentally wiped off your emoji by mistake lol

• Haha
Reactions: sjamie and ZanyG

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
I think it was bad idea using Discord because it ask personal phone number for verification. It stop many users join developer forum. Slack was better.
IMHO
It also stops many trolls, ghosts and guys with double accounts etc. from join and you have better management on the channels and members. It also doesn't block the history on messages like Slack which need you to pay to see that.

Slack had and has 516 members and only about max ~10 was active (and perhaps I say a lot) and participating. If users want to join the group/server and not testing or contribute in some way in development, they can still use XDA like normal. I see no difference with the current (82) members in Discord compared to Slack, in fact the activity is much better.

Discord is also much more popular than Slack and more people have already an account.

I had similar conversation with @pocketrule and we agreed it's kinda better that way.

Btw, I don't know if it's gonna work but try this if you don't want to add phone number, but keep in mind people will also have to post their xda profile and what device they own in welcome channel so we can give them role.

Last edited:

vip5912

Jun 20, 2017
It also stops many trolls, ghosts and guys with double accounts etc. from join and you have better management on the channels and members. It also doesn't block the history on messages like Slack which need you to pay to see that.

Slack had and has 516 members and only about max ~10 was active (and perhaps I say a lot) and participating. If users want to join the group/server and not testing or contribute in some way in development, they can still use XDA like normal. I see no difference with the current (82) members in Discord compared to Slack, in fact the activity is much better.

Discord is also much more popular than Slack and more people have already an account.

I had similar conversation with @pocketrule and we agreed it's kinda better that way.

Btw, I don't know if it's gonna work but try this if you don't want to add phone number, but keep in mind people will also have to post their xda profile and what device they own in welcome channel so we can give them role.
Thank you for detail answer.
I am not ready for active development of Android ROM because I have not enough ROM development skill.
I have only program development for Linux and Android skill.
I am only interesting in development process of new 19.1 Opt LOS (for future).
Now I use 18.1 LOS because it have monthly security updates (it's important for me).
I think XDA Forum is enough for me.
Thank you and all JDC team for great work.

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thank you for detail answer.
I am not ready for active development of Android ROM because I have not enough ROM development skill.
I have only program development for Linux and Android skill.
I am only interesting in development process of new 19.1 Opt LOS (for future).
Now I use 18.1 LOS because it have monthly security updates (it's important for me).
I think XDA Forum is enough for me.
Thank you and all JDC team for great work.
No you misunderstood, it's not group only for development, I meant to test the ROM, report bugs etc. and generally be kinda somehow 'active".
By saying that, doesn't mean you have to post everyday or something. Just when new test build release and you want to test it or whenever you feel to post something. No pressure at all to post something. You can just join and watch the progress etc.

You are more than welcome to join whenever you want, (the link I mentioned above should be able to bypass phone requirement for Discord), the only requirement is to post ur XDA profile/device at welcome channel when you join so I can verify that is you. No pressure to post anything in Discord.

It's important for us the security updates too, and generally the upstream. There is a new member @slaff2 who joined and helping side and generally the ROM. Actually the new build it's by himself. :p So I hope more regular updates will come soon.

vip5912

Jun 20, 2017
No you misunderstood, it's not group only for development, I meant to test the ROM, report bugs etc. and generally be kinda somehow 'active".
By saying that, doesn't mean you have to post everyday or something. Just when new test build release and you want to test it or whenever you feel to post something. No pressure at all to post something. You can just join and watch the progress etc.

You are more than welcome to join whenever you want, (the link I mentioned above should be able to bypass phone requirement for Discord), the only requirement is to post ur XDA profile/device at welcome channel when you join so I can verify that is you. No pressure to post anything in Discord.

It's important for us the security updates too, and generally the upstream. There is a new member @slaff2 who joined and helping side and generally the ROM. Actually the new build it's by himself. :p So I hope more regular updates will come soon.
Thank you.
It's not working for me. I tried 3 times with different e-mail (now all of them are blocked in Discord) and all time it ask phone verification :(
I think Discord is not for me :)

Reactions: pocketrule

ZanyG

Sep 5, 2013
Does setting soft-touch keys to light up on press for short amounts of time (1-2 sec) work for people?
For me in most circumstances the duration is much longer with the set amount having little to no influence.
The lockscreen being a notable exception where it seems to actually turn off as set.

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
Thank you.
It's not working for me. I tried 3 times with different e-mail (now all of them are blocked in Discord) and all time it ask phone verification :(
I think Discord is not for me :)
How do you register your account. I've had problems to create an account with Discord when using my desktop browser. I had to use the dedicated discord client.

Reactions: vip5912

vip5912

Jun 20, 2017
How do you register your account. I've had problems to create an account with Discord when using my desktop browser. I had to use the dedicated discord client.
I used Firefox on Linux (my PC is Ubuntu).
I tried to start the desktop client, but it also requested a phone.
In any case, I have already exhausted my list of email accounts (and desires to mess around with Discord). :)
Thank you.

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
I used Firefox on Linux (my PC is Ubuntu).
I tried to start the desktop client, but it also requested a phone.
In any case, I have already exhausted my list of email accounts (and desires to mess around with Discord). :)
Thank you.
Users who don't or can't join Discord but want to test early build, contact me and I will share the link in personally and if you find anything report to me so I can forward the issues to Discord.

I already sent a pm to vip5912.

I hope soon (into the week) the build will be released for everyone.

carlos974

May 18, 2016
Saint-Denis
🎉New Build Optimized LineageOS 19.1 - V8
⬇️Download: Gdrive
🗒️Changelog: Basically upstream.

Thanks @slaff2 for upstream and @side as always. 👍
@slaff2 and @side Thanks for the V8 version.
Works well!

As in previous versions during a dirty flash, saving and restoring addons is not done.

For my part, I put the same wording: ro.lineage.build.version in the backuptool.sh file as in the build.prop file
And it works...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-174810_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20221204-174810_crDroid Home.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 77
Have been using the ROM on my old S4 for quite some time, loving it but I met the following issues:
- SIM card doesn't work, I believe this problem is because my S4 is a SPH-L720, but I'm not sure so really just asking on this one.
- I really can't change my wallpaper for some reasons. It works perfectly fine with the default Lineage wallpapers but when I tried to change it to one of my own images, it crashed.
- YouTube (as well as other substitute like YouTube Vanced) works pretty weirdly. The audio works fine, but the videos themselves are just corrupted, with black and write strips of the videos displaying. It still works fine on browsers though.
I don't really know how to deal with these problems, so it would be nice if I can get some answers, thank you.

Reactions: gnikolson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey side, are you still working on Optimized LOS 20 still? Man I can't wait for it 😂
    Just for case.
    I only synced, merged and built JDCTeam & LOS repos (incl. ASB 2023-01-05).
    Thank side and slaff2.
    Optimized-LineageOS-19.1-V8.1.6.zip (2023-01-28)
    Maybe your partition table got corrupted. You can try to format data in TWRP (not only wipe). If that does not help, flash stock rom along with the pit file to correct the partition table.
    Thanks for logcats i already know why wifi isn't working on this custom kernel and im working on fixing it.
    Hello Guys does anyone know if the Optimized LineageOS 19.1 , slaff's v8 ist working fine, is all the functions working nice?
    it's working fine, there's no bugs, i tested it.
    Optimized LineageOS 19.1
    a custom LineageOS ROM with some extra sauce, made by me ❤️

⚠️ DISCLAIMER ⚠️
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device.
    You have been warned!

FEATURES 💫

• Based on Official LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12.1)
    • Latest Security Updates integrated
    • Improved Speed, Stability, RAM usage & Battery drain