Optimus g pro android 4.4 Kitkat soon (official)

Search This thread

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
don't believe them!

Lg Italy this morning confirmed me... NO MORE UPDATES FOR THE LG OPTIMUS G PRO E986! DAMN!

View attachment 2955460
the official european software update SoftwareVersion:E98620a-EUR-XX [aka turkish???] supports languages such as
euskara,
galego
catalan
as well as italiano.
Screenshot.jpg

btw lg austria told me the same ****.

Last edited:

jcdid

Apr 20, 2010
Paris
What's a shame having to flash ROM from another country to have KK... G pro arrived in Europe only last year and no update planned ...

One question : Is French langage included in Turkey Tom ?

Last edited:

NpBarney

Aug 19, 2014
Yes, French is present. I think it is a month from my turkey kk install and everything works fine, no issue found :eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-02-11-02-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-02-11-02-04.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 308
Reactions: jcdid

NpBarney

Aug 19, 2014
Yes LG Europe is always bad on mobile updates. I think this happens because we don't have some major carriers like AT&T who would like to brand new LG phones with their custom rom. I can assure you that all Europe G PRO's are not branded by any carrier. Also i do not know how was possible for Turkey to release KK :confused:

LE : If you want more info about how Turkey ROM is working on my E986, do not hesitate to ask me :eek:

Last edited:

Allepp

Oct 4, 2014
kitkat for lg E986,E988,E989

Hi everybody
I want the kdz file for Lg E986,E988 or E989 , where can I download?
thanks

hops77

Apr 21, 2011
Hi guys...
Finally I updated my italian LG OGP E986 to the Turkish Kit Kat stock rom... Everything works well... I have no problem with the notification led or with the 4g... Everything is perfect. Especially considering that with Jelly Bean I had only about 200/300 MB of free RAM... with Kit Kat I have 500/600 MB of free RAM (on my phone I installed about 150 applications...). The battery life, in my opinion, is very similar to the battery life I had with Jelly Bean.

I suggest you all to root the phone using TowelRoot, in this way you can enable (with NextApp SDFix) the writing on the SD card from third part application.

I didn't install a modified recovery... I don't need it.

Now I have a question for you. I would like to try the Jishnu's camera mod, but on the dedicated thread now it's impossible to download it because the link has been removed... Can anyone give me the .apk to try this mod? Thanks in advance...

H77

lg-user45

Apr 28, 2013
Yes LG Europe is always bad on mobile updates. I think this happens because we don't have some major carriers like AT&T who would like to brand new LG phones with their custom rom. I can assure you that all Europe G PRO's are not branded by any carrier. Also i do not know how was possible for Turkey to release KK :confused:

LE : If you want more info about how Turkey ROM is working on my E986, do not hesitate to ask me :eek:
I havent got anymore 4 g on kitkat on my german pro e986. I flashed E98620A_00.kdz, since then only 3g.
Also it doesnt wakes up with double knock on display.
Is this normal?

jackrip5

Apr 29, 2011
"Knock on" does not work. That's correct. 4G setting exists but can't tell you if it works.
I know from g3 forum that some people had this isue after flash and had to delete an apk or modify a config file.

kayasemih61

Sep 14, 2014
Optimus G pro Kit kat

People,

I use now the original Hong Kong E988 kitkat firmware on my E986, it works amazing in Belgium with the provider BASE. My Experience Is; a much better then the turkish firmware.

I had many problems with the turkish version to connect LTE (4G) network on data here in Belgium and more ..., but with the version that I use now works everything perfect, and the battery life is a little bit better.

You can download the hong kong kitkat version from here:
http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Stock/

Instructions how to flash:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

The only negative point is,... you can only use it in english, it contains 3 languages, english, chinese and viets

Reactions: artssa

artssa

Feb 14, 2013
Thanks, kayasemih, I installed the Hong Kong version and for now, it's perfect! By the way, I'm from Brazil and my LGOG PRO model is E989 and it was 4.1.2 until this morning. Everything works perfectly, including baseband, internet, etc. Just flashed the Rom. Thanks!!

Reactions: kayasemih61

jcdid

Apr 20, 2010
Paris
Thanks, kayasemih, I installed the Hong Kong version and for now, it's perfect! By the way, I'm from Brazil and my LGOG PRO model is E989 and it was 4.1.2 until this morning. Everything works perfectly, including baseband, internet, etc. Just flashed the Rom. Thanks!!

Did you use Normal Flash or CSE flash (from scratch) ? I would like to do the same, but no enought time to re-install alls applications/items....

artssa

Feb 14, 2013
CSE Flash, from scratch. But it's worth, my friend. About the apps, I installed everything back and configured in 1 hour or so. My only regret is that I should've done it 5, 6 months ago!

jcdid

Apr 20, 2010
Paris
CSE Flash, from scratch. But it's worth, my friend. About the apps, I installed everything back and configured in 1 hour or so. My only regret is that I should've done it 5, 6 months ago!

Thanks for your reply, I trust you ;) .
Have to flash STOCK Rom from another country (Turkish, Hong kong), what's a shame for LG ..
I'll try with Turkish rom soon, French langage is included inside.

Last edited:

artssa

Feb 14, 2013
Thanks for your reply, I trust you ;) .
Have to flash STOCK Rom from another country (Turkish, Hong kong), what's a shame for LG ..
I'll try with Turkish rom soon, French langage is included inside.

You're welcome!
I was gonna flash the Turkish version, since it also has Portuguese (from Portugal) language, that is almost the same as Brazilian Portuguese, but when I saw kayasemih61 post and his/her experience with both versions, I decided to give a try to the HK version, using English language.
And for now it´s just excellent: good battery life (same as or better than JB), better performance and a lot of new functions and new visual effects.
Good luck. After you flash it, tell us your experience with it.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Use the lg backup tool... It saves you a lot of time.

What does it backup? Your rom before flashing the new one?
Thanks.

jackrip5

Apr 29, 2011
You're welcome!
I was gonna flash the Turkish version, since it also has Portuguese (from Portugal) language, that is almost the same as Brazilian Portuguese, but when I saw kayasemih61 post and his/her experience with both versions, I decided to give a try to the HK version, using English language.
And for now it´s just excellent: good battery life (same as or better than JB), better performance and a lot of new functions and new visual effects.
Good luck. After you flash it, tell us your experience with it.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

What does it backup? Your rom before flashing the new one?
Thanks.
It saves your settings, sms, mail account settings, sounds, pictures ... And the apps with their own settings. You can choose what on backup and later choose what to restore.
It's not an image.
I principally use it for the apps, sms and mail accounts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    downloading the dump ... lets see what we can cook from it :p:p:p
    Uploading System Dump (Uploaded....)

He can n ot use shell commands because no root permission. The best he can do, it's made system dump via ad using SDK tools
    adb pull /system c:\your folder name

You made my day mate. Just uploading, the system dump. I will give you the link, wait for a while.

Edit: Uploaded................ Here you go
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9U_fspcsx23LUpJUTJaUkZRYUk/edit

Meanwhile, I am still unable to root my phone. I hope someone will help to do this.....
    OK best of luck guys. This dump will help to develop amazing custom roms and will bring some cheers on our G Pro mates, I believe. Again wish you good luck
    grd.jpg

[Android 4.4 Kit-Kat: check which devices will receive the update]

See if your machine will receive the new version of Android

The major release of Android 4.4 Kit - Kat is scheduled for this month. Surely , all Android users are waiting for that day with great anticipation ! The new version of the OS, based on Linux Kernel that supports new devices with little memory , is at hand. And then , is curious to know if your phone will get the update the new version of Android ?

To start , let's talk about those devices that are in the update right . Those who have Nexus devices can expect the upgrade to Android 4.4 . Those who own the Nexus 4 , 7 , 7 (2013 ) , 10 (2012 ) will be the lucky ones !

Others who have great chance to get the update are the main apparatus of large factories . These have 99 % chance to receive the new Android . Are these : Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and S4 . LG : LG G2 , G PAD , Optimus G, Optimus G Pro Now Sony : Sony Xperia Z , Xperia Z1 , Z Ultra . Also the HTC ONE , ONE Mini HTC and Moto X.

Still others who are likely to receive the update are: Galaxy Nexus , Galaxy Mini S4 , S4 Active , Sony Xperia ZQ , Galaxy S3 , S3 Mini , Note 2 , Motorola RAZR Motorola RAZR D1 and D3 .

However , what I found most interesting is that Google is interested in older devices . According to a statement from Google itself "the interest is that all of them have the incredible experience of using the Kit - Kat Android 4.4 on their devices ." Thus , this new update will encourage not only those with newer devices , but users with older devices . Usually when a new OS is released , it is designed to run with the new hardware in order to boost the sale of more modern equipment . Glad to know that Google cares about all of their customers , not only those who are always with the latest releases. Remembering that still will depend of manufacturers and their customizations for each device .

Source: http://mobilexpert.com.br/apps/outr...a-os-dispositivos-que-receberao-a-atualizacao

LG France Seemingly Confirms October Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Optimus G

Read more at http://thedroidguy.com/2013/10/lg-s...headed-optimus-g-october/#cDJWi44hFMFfgjpo.99[/B]

[LG France Seemingly Confirms October Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Optimus G
    Posted on Oct 2 2013 - 5:33am by Adrian Diaconescu

Android-KitKat-4.4.jpg

The Android 4.4 KitKat announcement sure caught a few… million people off guard early last month, which is why there’s little Google can do to shock the world anymore. Or is there? Well, how about if I told you there’s a good shot LG’s Optimus G will be one of the first ever smartphones to be officially bumped to Android 4.4? Would that be shocking enough

LG France Seemingly Confirms October Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Optimus G
    Posted on Oct 2 2013 - 5:33am by Adrian Diaconescu

The Android 4.4 KitKat announcement sure caught a few… million people off guard early last month, which is why there’s little Google can do to shock the world anymore. Or is there? Well, how about if I told you there’s a good shot LG’s Optimus G will be one of the first ever smartphones to be officially bumped to Android 4.4? Would that be shocking enough?

Android-KitKat-4.4

Maybe not shocking, but definitely unexpected. For a handful of reasons. One, the G is nearing its first birthday, being by all intents and purposes an “aging” handheld. Two, the 4.7-incher is still stuck on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, so one would assume a 4.2 or 4.3 upgrade would be in the cards before a 4.4 makeover.

And three, does anyone even know the Optimus G exists? Not that it has aged very badly, but it’s, you know, almost archaic compared with current high-enders. It sports a 4.7-inch 720p display, 8 MP rear-facing camera in one of two configurations, plus a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU that’s no longer the proudest stallion in Qualcomm’s stable.

Not to mention it’s been followed by not one, but two top-notch LG devices, the Optimus G Pro and G2, the second of which is highly praised by a number of reviewers and simple tech-savvy individuals alike.

But let’s back up for a second. What makes us think the Optimus G will get an Android 4.4 bump in the first place? An alleged private Facebook conversation between an everyday LG user, I presume, and the guy (or gal) in charge of the company’s official French account

The exchange is pretty straightforward, with LG Electronics France very confidently claiming the Android 4.4 update is planned for “this October”, so there you go, case closed, congrats you lucky Optimus G owners.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but not so fast, because I’m not buying it. For one thing, this is a private FB conversation (emphasis on “private”), meaning it could have very easily been doctored since there’s no real, palpable proof it ever happened.

And even if it happened (jeez, I’m starting to sound like a character on the show “Newsroom”), social media people have been known to mess up dates, names and timeframes. What if they were actually talking about a 4.2 or 4.3 upgrade and misinterpreted the question?

Then again (now I’m just grasping at straws), it’s not sooo far-fetched to think LG will get a front-row seat at the 4.4 rollout party. After all, they are making the Nexus 5, they’ve also helped build the N4, so maybe they’ve asked Big G for a bit of preferential treatment for a change. Could that be the case, what do you guys think

Read more at http://thedroidguy.com/2013/10/lg-s...headed-optimus-g-october/#cDJWi44hFMFfgjpo.99
    I GOT KIT KAT Installed !!!! blessings in disguise

Mates,

Last week I lost IMEI of My LG G Pro (E980 att) while flashing a ROM. Unfortunately, I did not keep the EFS backup of my phone. Then somehow I came into contact with a person who is working in "LG". I gave the phone to him and requested to solve the problem. After one day he returned the phone. When I booted it.... Boom!!!!, it is KitKat with LG UI skin(ATT version)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a BETA version, though!!!. And He said very soon (within a month or so) the kit is going to be updated in our beloved LG G Pro all over the world. So, Cheer up, The wait is going to end very soon.

Meanwhile, the performance of G Pro with KitKat is buttery smooth, and the 'Battery life' is awesome!

or you go here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9U_fspcsx23Z0pOMkFaaEQ0c2s/edit

Take a screenshot! Or it didn't happen lol.:p

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

edit: The jellybean rooting method is not working with this "ROM/Firmware" otherwise I would have shared the Backup files of this ROM.