Optimus Nexus LG-E960

Search This thread

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
Only 8gb of local storage?? That would mean that you only can record one or two full videos and you won't be able to play angry birds.

On my SGS3 (16gb) I recorder around 5 videos (none of them longer than 5minutes),I aldo installed around 10 games and I'm already with less than 1gb of free space.

If they plan to sell a smart phone with 8gb and without microsd I just hope the price would be 275€ maximum. Otherwise it will be a fail.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

johnq54

Jul 5, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I would have to agree with the post a few pages back. T-Mobile has released two phones in the past with stock android that weren't nexus phones. BOTH said "with Google" on the back instead of just "Google" like the nexus phones. Considering the radios, I'd say this phone supports that idea.

Also, many of the android news sites posted that a known Google employee posted on Facebook "looking at nexus rumors..... LOL".

I think we've all been dupped.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

funkyblue04

Dec 15, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
I doubt it is fake. Make this post. There will be no 32gb International version on launch. Google will release a crippled device AGAIN!. Just like the Nexus 7. No 32gb version on release date.

Abra_Cadabra

Oct 1, 2007
Dubai
You stated "test cars on street before showing public"

Public is the street.
I see what you mean now but before they way you said it. The street IS public, so the only way people cant see if is if they closed the street off to people. Thats why i said they have closed course.

In America they dont do that because of safety laws.

you obviously know nothing about cars.. subscribe to motor trend or car and driver and see the amount of pics of test mules on american roads wrapped up in tape/masks with no logos. Hell just google Test Mules Spy Photos. Hell just drive around Detroit for an hour and I bet you see plenty.

The point everyone is trying to make that you don't get is that phones are the same way. Samsung/Apple have been known to wrap their phones in cases that hide their shape completely for testing in public. Cases (colors / logos etc) are subject to change till just before mass manufacture. This very likely is the next nexus like it or not.

Last edited:

greyphil

May 17, 2010
I am kind of disappointed. Looks almost the same as my GNexus and then Google removes even more stuff? Storage is one of the cheapest parts of the smartphone, and non removable battery? What's next? We have to use gTunes and some special charger and lets call it gPhone... If I wanted a stupid closed system I bought an iPhone...

Hope they'll surprise me at the end of the month, so far I won't get this phone.

Mighty Arceus493

May 25, 2012
I would have to agree with the post a few pages back. T-Mobile has released two phones in the past with stock android that weren't nexus phones. BOTH said "with Google" on the back instead of just "Google" like the nexus phones. Considering the radios, I'd say this phone supports that idea.

Also, many of the android news sites posted that a known Google employee posted on Facebook "looking at nexus rumors..... LOL".

I think we've all been dupped.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

The Google worker who posted that was Dan Morrill on Google+. (I just had to add this guy to my circles) and after a while, someone posted a link to the 4.2 hoax and Dan replied "I'm shocked, shocked and appauled" so I'm assuming that that was the rumor that was false, but I still believe that this is the next Nexus. Besides, LG rarely makes round phones :p

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

mintvilla

Jun 20, 2010
4.7' screen, Bah, I really wanted 5"

720p vs 1080p screen, could care less... just as long as its not the awful pentile display on the Gnex. (I love the screen overall, but pentile drives me crazy in some specific situations)

Ultimately, it suffers from the same syndrome the Gnex does, Looks good on the front, back is ugly. (Ill slap a case on it and call it good)

What the heck is all that blank space above and below the screen, I really loved the way the LG Optimus G has so little space at the bottom that is not screen. Huge disappointment here... I only want a 5" screen because of the reduced space on the top and bottom make the over all phone the same size, this is not the case with this phone.

8GB, No SD slot, I could care less... I live in the cloud, I literally use only 6gb of space on my Gnex. (Google Drive, Spotify, SkyDrive, Google Play music literally houses my entire digital life.)

Removable battery, I can go both ways, I like how clean phones look when the back is not removable, yet again, I ABUSE my batteries, draining them 2-3 times a day, most phone batteries last me about 8 months before being dead. (my Gnex battery is absolutely toast at this point and time, I'm going to have to buy a new battery before I try to sell this thing.)

8mp camera.... I kinda wanted higher than 8mp, but as we all know the mp count means nothing, please show us raw photos from the phone, thats where all the camera proof it.

No LTE? I really hope that is just because these are prototypes... (Although none of the major 4 carriers have LTE in my area yet) (Closest area is a city 14 miles away)

1.5ghz Quad core S4!!! YES FINALLY. The Gnex was no slouch at all, but its TI 1.2 ghz dual core did tend to show its lack of umpth during many games and visual transitions (even after project butter)

Its Nexus rumor season and I am like a child in a candy shop.
Your posting make no sense.

Unless of course you mean "I couldn't care less"

Is this an American thing, as i always see Americans get this wrong?

Sinister-Kid

Oct 9, 2012
Your posting make no sense.

Unless of course you mean "I couldn't care less"

Is this an American thing, as i always see Americans get this wrong?

Yes, it's an American thing, though I think most manage to get it right. Some claim they're saying it sarcastically, when they've been called out on it. But they're not saying it sarcastically. No one has ever said it sarcastically.

Look up "Dear America" by David Mitchell on YouTube for reference.

Anubis007

Jun 15, 2012
it is a Nexus. you can argue all you want about it being a prototype but that phones screams Nexus! Google's Nexus design policy is all over this phone; the curved edges, the plain black front plate, on screen buttons.. that's not the typical brick looking phones that LG produce, thankfully. i just hope the battery life is good and 32 gb version is available.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got prototype of this devices! I can answer any questions about it and give interesting info for you!
    IMG_20121010_005707.jpg

IMG_20121010_005354.jpg

UPD: Sorry for long silence. Probably you can read a professional review soon. Or I will update this topic with answers to your questions, wait a little.

UPD2: Full professional review of this device will be ready tomorrow. Preview here: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/11/lg-google-nexus-3

UPD3: 360-degrees photos and some pics from its camera: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/11/google-nexus-4

UPD4: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/12/lg-nexus-4-review

PS. If you have something to discuss about this device - write me PM.

PPS. And yes, it has LED indicator))))
    What is the specs??? Thnks

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Android version: JellyBeanMR1
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)
    Camera: 8 MPx
    I can't believe the silly negativity towards this device here and the various android blogs. The device shown is still a prototype, and as such, was not meant to be seen by the general public. Stop drawing conclusions and vilifying what will theoretically be the best android device out on pure specs alone. You do realize that this is the first time since the Nexus One that a nexus device has had absolutely top of the line specs running pure Android, right? Isn't that quintessentially what the nexus program is about? Quit whining about SD card slots when you know the exact reason Google is moving away from them since 2010, for god sakes. Need more storage? Go buy another android phone, there are some excellent choices like the Optimus G, the GSIII, RAZR HD Maxx, and the OneX+, all from different manufacturers who bring their own sensibilities. But, be prepared to pay upwards of $550 for them if you want it unlocked, unlike buying straight from Google. Seriously, how do you ignore the fact that it has a Quad Core S4 Pro (the fastest SoC currently made available to OEMs), 2GB of RAM, and a 4.7in IPS LCD (non-pentile) display? And if the Optimus G serves as inspiration, we will see a 2100mAh battery as well. At least wait till the official announcement before forming an opinion on something, and take everything you have seen so far with a grain of salt.
    CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Android version: JellyBeanMR1
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)
    Camera: 8 MPx

8GB! I hope this is only for the prototype. If Google launch with an 8GB option with no expandable storage it will be way too small. They can shove the cloud up their ass.

I know there will be a 16GB model too, but they really need a 32GB option as well. Cloud storage is still in its infancy, and not everyone has access to LTE yet.
    Can you please post a general video of the hardware and software onboard.

Thanks.

Yeah a video would be great. 720p please :)

Ok, I'll try to make it tomorrow. It's 2:14 am now and i'm going to sleep=)