• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ORANGE owners. Is Yours Orangised??

Search This thread

johnboywilson

Jun 4, 2007
Leeds
This is very interesting as my phone had no orange customization on either. BUT!
If you look through the handbook ( ON the CD )
Check out the themes and wallpaper shown there?
Also look through the programs that are listed there..
ORANGE downloads
ORANGE tv
ORANGE music.
None of these are on your phone.
Now i`ve spoken to orange on 4 occasions about this. I thought i was a one of and some how they had managed to forget to install said items. But like the man at orange said there should be at least an orange logo when starting up.
So now i`m confused. i`ve just got back from the post office as i`ve sent mine back.
Please can any body tell me if they have an orange diamond with the above items on.

smartmove

Jun 9, 2007
I suspect Orange rushed it out ahead of the iphone 3g and probably didnt manage to get there customisations ready.

johnboywilson

Jun 4, 2007
Leeds
Mmm spoke to Orange again after seeing the comments on here. Now they are telling me its a generic phone and comes with no orange customization on it. The lady said that the missing stuff could be activated with a pin number from the data and fax team!! This i doubt but who knows?

PaulusUK

Mar 20, 2007
Birmingham
Mine too is orange-peeled, so to speak.

The interesting thing is that the pdf guide that comes with it, details all the orange customisation and programs. So Orange must be planning to put their stuff on it.

Mine was from phones4u if it helpls

darthbane2k

Jul 6, 2007
I would advise those thinking about getting this phone on Orange to do so ASAP. Clearly it was supposed to be branded, but was rushed out to combat the iPhone launch.

Nindy

Dec 22, 2006
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Mine has no Orange branding except the logo on the back of the case. I'm not too worried though as I would only have had to get rid of all the branding!!

Teppic24

Dec 8, 2007
Ipswich
I would advise those thinking about getting this phone on Orange to do so ASAP. Clearly it was supposed to be branded, but was rushed out to combat the iPhone launch.

I'm hoping that they forget to brand the Touch Pro when they eventually release it. I'm really tempted by the Diamond but the lack of SD card expansion is putting me off.

ericsson68

Jun 18, 2008
Ever since Orange were constantly accused have having no handset selection they have released key models with no branding quickly and then followed up later. It's clearly a tactic to compete with the iPhone. What are the French handsets from Orange like?

Teppic24

Dec 8, 2007
Ipswich
This is very interesting as my phone had no orange customization on either. BUT!
If you look through the handbook ( ON the CD )
Check out the themes and wallpaper shown there?
Also look through the programs that are listed there..
ORANGE downloads
ORANGE tv
ORANGE music.
None of these are on your phone.
Now i`ve spoken to orange on 4 occasions about this. I thought i was a one of and some how they had managed to forget to install said items. But like the man at orange said there should be at least an orange logo when starting up.
So now i`m confused. i`ve just got back from the post office as i`ve sent mine back.
Please can any body tell me if they have an orange diamond with the above items on.

Stupid question, but why would you want Orange branding on it, other than to access Orange downloads, TV and Music (and these will ony be links to the various sites and would probably be easily obtainable from elsewhere)? As an Orange TyTN II owner I can tell you that their customization slows the phone down. The best thing I ever did was flash the stock HTC ROM to it.

I was toying with the idea of getting the Diamond, especially after reading the comments about it being unbranded except for the logo on the battery case, but the lack of SD card slot is a deal breaker for me, so I'm holding out for the Touch Pro, especially if they again release it unbranded.

Personally I think you might have made a mistake sending the phone back in order to get one with Orange Bloatware on it...

johnboywilson

Jun 4, 2007
Leeds
Stupid question, but why would you want Orange branding on it, other than to access Orange downloads, TV and Music (and these will ony be links to the various sites and would probably be easily obtainable from elsewhere)? As an Orange TyTN II owner I can tell you that their customization slows the phone down. The best thing I ever did was flash the stock HTC ROM to it.

I was toying with the idea of getting the Diamond, especially after reading the comments about it being unbranded except for the logo on the battery case, but the lack of SD card slot is a deal breaker for me, so I'm holding out for the Touch Pro, especially if they again release it unbranded.

Personally I think you might have made a mistake sending the phone back in order to get one with Orange Bloatware on it...

Mmmm me too i thought it was a fault but now looking at the posts i wish i`d have kept it.
Oh well i`ll see what my replacement one is like when i get it...

Last edited:

simba2585

Jul 12, 2008
mine doesnt have any orange software on it either and thank god. orange software has always slowed the system down.

mine doesnt have the remote desktop mobile application that the manual detail - iv also seen a youtube vid showing it. anyone else got this?

T

TheBrit

No branding? Here's hoping mine doesn't have it either when it comes tomorrow. :D

darthbane2k

Jul 6, 2007
Better not do any firmware updates by entering you Orange Serial Number too, as im sure those will be branded.
Stick to ROM updates from this forum.

skilty

Feb 23, 2005
Ash-Vegas
just spoke to Orange CS who said they are getting stock in today, i'll be ordering mine later so i'll let everyone know what it comes with (hope there's no bloatware on it!)