[OrangeFox][Official][gauguin]OrangeFox Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

Search This thread

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
OnePlus X
OnePlus 3T
Tried to install (update) LineageOS 18.1 GSI (see [GSI][11] LineageOS 18.x GSI (all archs) by AndyYan ) from recovery, but don't (dynamic) system partiontion shows as target. So, i think i have to flash via fastbootd (as i'm already used to):

fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot fastboot

... then instead of stock fastbootd, it's booting into Orangefox "fastboot mode" and my pc's fastboot is waiting forever for a device to reappear.
Had to flash stock-recovery to be able to flash the GSI via fastbootd, then booted into oragefox to install opengapps. Built in fastbootd of Orangefox didn't work for me :-(.

Cheers
Kurt

Dec 24, 2012
Belfast
I am on Arrow OS, latest version fixes the dreaded fingerprint sensor nightmare while texting, yeah there is a lot of options, when doing a backup there is about 10 boxes to tick so not really sure why :D but its pretty :D

Chari69

• Jan 3, 2021
    Gdańsk
    Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
    Tried to install (update) LineageOS 18.1 GSI (see [GSI][11] LineageOS 18.x GSI (all archs) by AndyYan ) from recovery, but don't (dynamic) system partiontion shows as target. So, i think i have to flash via fastbootd (as i'm already used to):

fastboot reboot fastboot

... then instead of stock fastbootd, it's booting into Orangefox "fastboot mode" and my pc's fastboot is waiting forever for a device to reappear.
    Had to flash stock-recovery to be able to flash the GSI via fastbootd, then booted into oragefox to install opengapps. Built in fastbootd of Orangefox didn't work for me :-(.

Cheers
    Kurt
    use bootloader instead of fastboot

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
    OnePlus X
    OnePlus 3T
    I do

fastboot reboot fastboot

use bootloader instead of fastboot

You say, i shall do

What's the sense in that?
    Have you ever seen the fastbootd mode at all?
    Only with fastbootd you have access to the dynamic partitions that live in the super-partition, and as the install-image function also doesn't see the dynamic system partition, there's no way to install a gsi-image on it ... only via fastbootd, which is obviously part of the stock-recovery.
    And as there's no way (i know of) to boot into fastbootd from a image from pc (other than "fastboot reboot fastboot"), my only choice is kicking out Orangefox (or TWRP, there's the same) and boot to it from pc, when i need it.

For reference see additional commands in fastbootd Fastbootd commands
    Greetz
    Kurt

der_Kief

Jul 2, 2014
    Keŋɡɐ
    @Chari69

Nice Recovery :)

Few observations:
    - 5sec freeze when entering recovery
    - unable to switch theme -> cannot mount \data (or similar)
    - while flashing ROM (e.g. EU ROM) there is a message right after checking MIUI update package -> cannot mount \system (or similar)

Marvin732

Sep 17, 2015
    @Chari69

Few observations:
    - while flashing ROM (e.g. EU ROM) there is a message right after checking MIUI update package -> cannot mount \system (or similar)
    if you mean the freeze at the orangefox logo right when you start the recovery, its because of the internal size of the phone, takes longer if you have 128GB and/or have a big SD card

Chari69

• Jan 3, 2021
    Gdańsk
    Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
    @Chari69

Few observations:
    Thanks for your feedback, are you using latest version (R11.0_1)? Please contact me on telegram @ChariPower if you will send logs from recovery that will be helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Same, that's because you need to format the data and wipe before flashing lastest vendor and pixel experience.
      vendor was already from android 11

Side-load it and don't just install from recovery (not a clue whether there's a actual, technical difference; but, when side-loading everything works fine - including, like, camera issues which some people seem to get.)

Code:
      adb sideload whatever_file.zip
      OrangeFox Recovery Project
      banner.png
      Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */

OrangeFox Recovery for Mi 10T Lite
      Device Tree

R11.0_0 STABLE
      1. Initial stable release for gauguin

R11.1_1 BETA
      1. Workaround for MTP

INSTALLATION
      Via Reocvery :

• To install an OrangeFox zip, simply flash it with OrangeFox (or any TWRP-compatible custom recovery) without any wipes - exactly the same way that you would flash any zip
      • Do the same thing if you want to upgrade OrangeFox
      • When you flash an OrangeFox zip, there is no need to flash any DFE or any other such thing
      • See below for detailed instructions on how to install OrangeFox via fastboot
      Via Fastboot, and then recovery :
      You need a PC for this. If you do not have a PC, or access to a PC, then you are stuck!
      • Unlock your bootloader (if not already unlocked)
      • Install adb, fastboot from here, and the relevant USB drivers onto your PC
      • Install the Mi Flash tool onto your PC (only for Xiaomi devices)
      • Download the correct OrangeFox zip file to your phone, and to your PC
      • Extract recovery.img from the OrangeFox zip file, and copy recovery.img to your PC’s adb directory
      • Reboot your phone into fastboot/bootloader mode
      • Open up a command line window / terminal emulator on your PC
      • Change to the adb directory on your PC
      • Flash OrangeFox Recovery by using the fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command
      • Reboot into OrangeFox by pressing the power + volume up keys, until you see the OrangeFox splash screen (the keys may be may vary on your device)
      • After OrangeFox has booted up, check that everything is working – eg, that it has mounted the data partition successfully, and that the touchscreen works.
      • Find and select the OrangeFox zip on your phone, tap on it, and swipe to install it (because OrangeFox Recovery needs some files from the zip)
      • After installation, the phone will automatically reboot into OrangeFox
      • Enjoy!

IF YOU NEED HELP

IF YOU WANT TO REPORT BUG

Version Information
      Status
      Stable / Beta
      Current Stable Version R11.0_0
      Current Beta Version R11.1_1

Created 2021.02.01
      Latest Update 2021.04.21
      Official Maintainer ChariPower
      Brother, will the future version of recovery fix this problem?
      How i'm able to fix something which is not bug? Encryption is for security reasons and cannot be removed. More about it here https://wiki.orangefox.tech/en/guides/encryption
      What's the difference to twrp ?
      Diffrent UI, more options (for example deleting apps via recovery)
      I cant also access the internal anymore, despite format data, keeps telling me "unable to decrypt FBE device" when i am going into orangefox
      Using XIAOMI.eu weekly 21.1.28
      went back to geoanto555 twrp and it works again :/
      Sorry to hear. It's still beta i'll try to fix that in future updates. Thanks for your feedback!
      Sorry to hear. It's still beta i'll try to fix that in future updates. Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks 👍👍
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone