[OrangeFox][Official][Stable][gauguin]OrangeFox Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

Search This thread

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
Tried to install (update) LineageOS 18.1 GSI (see [GSI][11] LineageOS 18.x GSI (all archs) by AndyYan ) from recovery, but don't (dynamic) system partiontion shows as target. So, i think i have to flash via fastbootd (as i'm already used to):

fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot fastboot

... then instead of stock fastbootd, it's booting into Orangefox "fastboot mode" and my pc's fastboot is waiting forever for a device to reappear.
Had to flash stock-recovery to be able to flash the GSI via fastbootd, then booted into oragefox to install opengapps. Built in fastbootd of Orangefox didn't work for me :-(.

Cheers
Kurt

Dec 24, 2012
Belfast
I am on Arrow OS, latest version fixes the dreaded fingerprint sensor nightmare while texting, yeah there is a lot of options, when doing a backup there is about 10 boxes to tick so not really sure why :D but its pretty :D

Chari69

Jan 3, 2021
Gdańsk
Tried to install (update) LineageOS 18.1 GSI (see [GSI][11] LineageOS 18.x GSI (all archs) by AndyYan ) from recovery, but don't (dynamic) system partiontion shows as target. So, i think i have to flash via fastbootd (as i'm already used to):

fastboot reboot fastboot

... then instead of stock fastbootd, it's booting into Orangefox "fastboot mode" and my pc's fastboot is waiting forever for a device to reappear.
Had to flash stock-recovery to be able to flash the GSI via fastbootd, then booted into oragefox to install opengapps. Built in fastbootd of Orangefox didn't work for me :-(.

Cheers
Kurt
use bootloader instead of fastboot

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
I do

fastboot reboot fastboot

use bootloader instead of fastboot

You say, i shall do

What's the sense in that?
Have you ever seen the fastbootd mode at all?
Only with fastbootd you have access to the dynamic partitions that live in the super-partition, and as the install-image function also doesn't see the dynamic system partition, there's no way to install a gsi-image on it ... only via fastbootd, which is obviously part of the stock-recovery.
And as there's no way (i know of) to boot into fastbootd from a image from pc (other than "fastboot reboot fastboot"), my only choice is kicking out Orangefox (or TWRP, there's the same) and boot to it from pc, when i need it.

For reference see additional commands in fastbootd Fastbootd commands
Greetz
Kurt

der_Kief

Jul 2, 2014
Keŋɡɐ
@Chari69

Nice Recovery :)

Few observations:
- 5sec freeze when entering recovery
- unable to switch theme -> cannot mount \data (or similar)
- while flashing ROM (e.g. EU ROM) there is a message right after checking MIUI update package -> cannot mount \system (or similar)

Marvin732

Sep 17, 2015
@Chari69

Few observations:
- while flashing ROM (e.g. EU ROM) there is a message right after checking MIUI update package -> cannot mount \system (or similar)
if you mean the freeze at the orangefox logo right when you start the recovery, its because of the internal size of the phone, takes longer if you have 128GB and/or have a big SD card

Chari69

Jan 3, 2021
Gdańsk
@Chari69

Few observations:
Thanks for your feedback, are you using latest version (R11.0_1)? Please contact me on telegram @ChariPower if you will send logs from recovery that will be helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OrangeFox Recovery Project
    banner.png
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

OrangeFox Recovery for Mi 10T Lite
    Device Tree

UPDATE R11.0_0 STABLE
    1. Initial stable release for gauguin

INSTALLATION
    Via Reocvery :

• To install an OrangeFox zip, simply flash it with OrangeFox (or any TWRP-compatible custom recovery) without any wipes - exactly the same way that you would flash any zip
    • Do the same thing if you want to upgrade OrangeFox
    • When you flash an OrangeFox zip, there is no need to flash any DFE or any other such thing
    • See below for detailed instructions on how to install OrangeFox via fastboot
    Via Fastboot, and then recovery :
    You need a PC for this. If you do not have a PC, or access to a PC, then you are stuck!
    • Unlock your bootloader (if not already unlocked)
    • Install adb, fastboot from here, and the relevant USB drivers onto your PC
    • Install the Mi Flash tool onto your PC (only for Xiaomi devices)
    • Download the correct OrangeFox zip file to your phone, and to your PC
    • Extract recovery.img from the OrangeFox zip file, and copy recovery.img to your PC’s adb directory
    • Reboot your phone into fastboot/bootloader mode
    • Open up a command line window / terminal emulator on your PC
    • Change to the adb directory on your PC
    • Flash OrangeFox Recovery by using the fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command
    • Reboot into OrangeFox by pressing the power + volume up keys, until you see the OrangeFox splash screen (the keys may be may vary on your device)
    • After OrangeFox has booted up, check that everything is working – eg, that it has mounted the data partition successfully, and that the touchscreen works.
    • Find and select the OrangeFox zip on your phone, tap on it, and swipe to install it (because OrangeFox Recovery needs some files from the zip)
    • After installation, the phone will automatically reboot into OrangeFox
    • Enjoy!

IF YOU NEED HELP

IF YOU WANT TO REPORT BUG

Version Information
    Status
    Stable
    Current Stable Version R11.0_1
    Release Date 2021.03.29

Created 2021.02.01
    Latest Update 2021.03.29
    Official Maintainer ChariPower
    What's the difference to twrp ?
    Diffrent UI, more options (for example deleting apps via recovery)
    I cant also access the internal anymore, despite format data, keeps telling me "unable to decrypt FBE device" when i am going into orangefox
    Using XIAOMI.eu weekly 21.1.28
    went back to geoanto555 twrp and it works again :/
    Sorry to hear. It's still beta i'll try to fix that in future updates. Thanks for your feedback!
    Nice!
    The graphical bug is gone.
    The Time in the top right corner is in the right position.
    I finally get the Decrypt window like intended like on TWRP.
    I also stopped having the freezing problem whenever i get into recovery.
    One problem i saw now is that whenever "Use 24 hour clock" is ticked, it says 10:46, and when its off its 10:46am, correct would be 22:46View attachment 5211187View attachment 5211189
    I will try to fix clock in close future. Thanks for your feedback!
    Sorry to hear. It's still beta i'll try to fix that in future updates. Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks 👍👍
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone