156.6 KB · Views: 1,947
Last edited by a moderator:

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
Thanks for your build of custom TWRP !

Please tell more about the difference between versions of Orange Fox : D S T
The difference is in the embedded kernels. There are 3 builds with 3 different kernels, and the question is which of the kernels is the best.
PS: Please note that these builds are in "untested" directory: https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/untested/
Please note the warnings and disclaimers in the README in that directory.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

And installation guide, please.
First, they are not zips. They are imgs. The zip installers will come when/if it is clear that the imgs are working properly. The zip installer will install a lot of OrangeFox addons. Those addons will not work with these imgs, because they will not be there.

Secondly, installation is the same as with any other TWRP - e.g.,
Code:
fastboot flash OrangeFox-R10-015-D-RC-violet.img
fastboot boot OrangeFox-R10-015-D-RC-violet.img

But please note that decryption is most likely not working (maybe someone can confirm whether this is the case or not). Thus, as in all cases where decryption is not working, you will need to format the data partition before flashing, else you will get a bootloop when trying to boot the recovery.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

OrangeFox Recovery Progect
New build test recovery. OrangeFox-R10 violet
Screenshots:
We have no problem with people announcing our OrangeFox recovery untested builds. But can you please not give alternative download links which bypass the warnings that we have posted about these untested builds.

Also, can you please state clearly that this is not your work. Thanks.

Klaus69

Jul 2, 2012
Bucuresti
---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
First, they are not zips. They are imgs. The zip installers will come when/if it is clear that the imgs are working properly. The zip installer will install a lot of OrangeFox addons. Those addons will not work with these imgs, because they will not be there.

Code:

But please note that decryption is most likely not working (maybe someone can confirm whether this is the case or not). Thus, as in all cases where decryption is not working, you will need to format the data partition before flashing, else you will get a bootloop when trying to boot the recovery.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

We have no problem with people announcing our OrangeFox recovery untested builds. But can you please not give alternative download links which bypass the warnings that we have posted about these untested builds.

Also, can you please state clearly that this is not your work. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thank you for answer.
I will wait for a final stable version.

emoticonier

Feb 3, 2011
The difference is in the embedded kernels. There are 3 builds with 3 different kernels, and the question is which of the kernels is the best.
PS: Please note that these builds are in "untested" directory: https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/untested/

Code:

I still use Orange Fox on my Redmi 5 Plus (Vince) and Redmi Note 5 (whyred). I really love it. Please DarthJabba9 make it available. I am so eager to use its stable build :D on Violet

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
I still use Orange Fox on my Redmi 5 Plus (Vince) and Redmi Note 5 (whyred). I really love it. Please DarthJabba9 make it available. I am so eager to use its stable build :D on Violet
Unfortunately, nothing can be done without testers. There is a recent build in our "untested" directory: https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/untested/

Unless and until I receive detailed reports (with logs) from testers, all builds will remain in that directory. One thing that I can guarantee though, is that encryption will not work. So anyone who is encrypted should not even bother. Encryption has to first be removed (by formatting data) before flashing.

Reactions: OverLord2901

namhoang235

Feb 10, 2018
hatay - Viet Nam
Unfortunately, nothing can be done without testers. There is a recent build in our "untested" directory: https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/untested/

Unless and until I receive detailed reports (with logs) from testers, all builds will remain in that directory. One thing that I can guarantee though, is that encryption will not work. So anyone who is encrypted should not even bother. Encryption has to first be removed (by formatting data) before flashing.
It work like a charm pro. I dont know how to insert picture

Reactions: gameuser1109
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your build of custom TWRP !

Please tell more about the difference between versions of Orange Fox : D S T

And installation guide, please.

Code:

OrangeFox Recovery Progect
    New build test recovery. OrangeFox-R10 violet
    Screenshots:

It work like a charm pro. I dont know how to insert picture
    Good. But a picture is not what I need. What I need is logs.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

BTW, the latest beta is here: https://files.orangefox.website/OrangeFox-Beta/violet/
    How we can get logs in orange:rolleyes: