Orbic Wonder Dev Thread

Search This thread

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Moto G8
I've long since given up on this, but I still see that there's some activity here. Long story short, my Mega account is getting pretty full, and XDA allows us to post large files here (up to 2GB per-file I believe). So I'm gonna do a dump of all of the Orbic Wonder stuff I had on my Mega to this post for archival purposes.

That means that any other threads linking to my Mega will be broken, but EVERYTHING that was once there will now be accessible from here. If I made a post about it at some point and linked to my Mega account with that post, you'll find said file in question here.

disclaimer
I've got other things going on and don't have the same interest in Android dev like I used to, but that being said I want to preserve everything in case anyone else comes up and wants to take over. Some of this stuff was released to the public and functional, some of it not. It's been a while and I don't remember what was and wasn't, so I'm putting everything I have on here to be safe. Of course, like always with the stuff I manage to make, you may feel free to use any of my stuff in any way you see fit. The only thing I ask is that if you do improve on something, share it with everyone else and don't just keep it for yourself. Keep it going for the good of the community/public.
/disclaimer

Edit: Some of the stuff wouldn't upload for some reason, I had to use zip file encryption to get around it. If you see a file with the ENC prefix you'll need 7zip to open/decrypt it, the password being "orbicwonder" (AES256 for encryption scheme, not ZipEncrypt, in case it asks you).

Attachments

• orbic-wonder-bloatedstock.zip
    1.6 GB · Views: 728
  • JasonmercOrbWonderStockImages.zip
    170.2 MB · Views: 226
  • patched_boot_magisk.img
    26.2 MB · Views: 448
  • ENC_JasonmercOrbWonderRecoveries.zip
    135.9 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Reactions: noidodroid
I've long since given up on this, but I still see that there's some activity here. Long story short, my Mega account is getting pretty full, and XDA allows us to post large files here (up to 2GB per-file I believe). So I'm gonna do a dump of all of the Orbic Wonder stuff I had on my Mega to this post for archival purposes.

That means that any other threads linking to my Mega will be broken, but EVERYTHING that was once there will now be accessible from here. If I made a post about it at some point and linked to my Mega account with that post, you'll find said file in question here.

disclaimer
I've got other things going on and don't have the same interest in Android dev like I used to, but that being said I want to preserve everything in case anyone else comes up and wants to take over. Some of this stuff was released to the public and functional, some of it not. It's been a while and I don't remember what was and wasn't, so I'm putting everything I have on here to be safe. Of course, like always with the stuff I manage to make, you may feel free to use any of my stuff in any way you see fit. The only thing I ask is that if you do improve on something, share it with everyone else and don't just keep it for yourself. Keep it going for the good of the community/public.
/disclaimer

Edit: Some of the stuff wouldn't upload for some reason, I had to use zip file encryption to get around it. If you see a file with the ENC prefix you'll need 7zip to open/decrypt it, the password being "orbicwonder" (AES256 for encryption scheme, not ZipEncrypt, in case it asks you).
Don't forget all of our 17+ or more recoveries! If you have them no more I can get them up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there. Picked up the phone and here's my impressions:

Build Quality / Look and Feel:
    Admittedly, I decided to pick up this phone after I fell in love with the looks of it. It has a great thin, flat, and boxy look that I'm drawn to. After picking one up, I'm still inspecting it and enjoying it's design. Admittedly, the back of the phone appears to borrow quite a bit from Apple's designs.

When I first held the phone, it felt slightly cheap coming from a Moto E4+ which manages to feel quite premium with an all metal exterior and quite a bit of heft. Alternatively, the orbic felt cheap moreso because how light it was, which is arguably a positive trait.

The thin, flat, boxy look reminds me of some of the Nokia Lumia devices from a few years back.

Display:
    Overall, the 1080p display is impressive. The colors seem very natural when compared to the highly saturated amoled displays but some prefer that. In this instance, it appears pretty impressive when considering the price tag.

Performance & Sound:
    The octo-core processor is quite impressive in switching between apps and web page loading. I've had a remarkably smooth experience scrolling through the web and transitioning between apps.

The Android 7.1 OS is essentially as pure as it comes, with no bloatware to speak of and no visible Android skinning. This feels like a snappy solid Nexus/Pixel/Android One device despite the fact that it is not one.

Not sure if this belongs here, but the vibration seems somewhat weaker than expected.

In regards to sound, this is the biggest area where the phone shows it's price tag. While the sounds are crisp and clear, the volume is quite low and somewhat tinny at higher volumes. Fortunately, my phone is almost always on vibrate and paired with an Android Wear watch as well so I don't mind this much.

Battery:
    The overall battery performance is quite impressive. The standby drain is remarkable slow and can last you into a good portion of a second day with ease in most cases. I forgot to charge my phone one day this weekend (long night, whiskey was involved) and woke up with about 39% left. I used the phone for about 5-6 more hours with considerable use before I grabbed a charge at about 19%.

Camera:
    This is perhaps the most surprisingly impressive area for me so far. The Moto E4+ leaves quite a bit to be desired, but this phone seems to really impress in good lighting. The low lighting pictures are okay, but I'd say they outperform the Moto E line by quite a bit still and still carry a good price tag to boot.

I tried to attach photos as an example but it won't allow me to. :(

Conclusion:
    Overall I'm really impressed with the phone and still having trouble putting it down after about 4 days of use. The camera has performed fantastically, the battery life is great (likely due partially to pure Android), and the performance is very snappy for a $199 ($179 at BB right now) phone.

My only worry is how little I see on the web about this phone as I think it deserves quite a bit of credit.

Sent from my RC555L using Tapatalk
    Orbic wonder rc555l - verizon prepaid model - carrier unlock

Unlock working 100% but is tad difficult to do for the average person. So trying to come up with ways to simplify the process.

More screen shots.

ORBIC WONDER RC555L - VERIZON PREPAID MODEL - CARRIER UNLOCK

wHIFyAB.jpg
    6W0howO.jpg
    vd09Bqm.jpg
    xSII0z1.jpg
    NUnq1mD.jpg
    are you still testing SIM unlock feature? When will you be able to publish the steps to unlock SIM? If you have already publish the steps please enlighten me with the steps? congrats for great the achievement.

I just fixed a few things and I am still fixing settings for faster data speeds. I will try to simplify the package and make it easy for new people to do. Don't know when this will be as I have others ahead I promised to give this out to support their cause. Still here to help XDA.. for now.
    Orbic Themes

We are probably going to be relying on OFR - Orange Fox Recovery which i spoke with the devs and they will create maintainer for us. For most of what we
    do for here on out will be OFR but will look into buidling official recognized PBRP, RedWolf (dead though) and also TWRP if we can get their attention.

OFR - https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox

Here is a little splash i just did for the Orbic Wonder OFR Boot logo (Blue and others coming soon to match OFR colors) -

vDbtoBD.png

----
    Here is an awesome Launcher that has had a lot of thought and time put into it. Very thorough with a LOT of options! Highly customizable. We are most likely going to be using this in our custom ROM work along with a little other jazz to the UI and such.

https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.gsd.launcher.sapphyx

XDA Labs | Sapphyx Launcher
    Sapphyx Launcher by Ryan Gocal - 3.75/5 (28 ratings)
    @Nx Biotic

Still needs a lot of work on my end but this is just was just a quick test.

YljgIex.png

Video Of Launcher in action (like i said just a quick test but so far so good) - https://streamable.com/oenl9
    WORLDS FIRST VERIZON PREPAID ORBIC WONDER UNLOCK!! GSM CAPABILITIES NOW!

Just finished it up a few minutes ago. =]

YacZBn5.jpg