[Oreo 8.1.X][X Compact - F5321] Android Open Source Project

Search This thread

TadMSTR

Jun 21, 2010
NJ
Noticed some screen touch issues on latest build. Seems to happen randomly. I'll wake the phone but the screen won't respond. Sometime occurs after unlocking. If I press the power to lock and then unlock it is fine again. I also had an issue with recovery where touch wasn't working. Flashing recovery again fixed it. I'm not sure if it's related because I was also flashing A.R.I.S.E. and Magisk. But I've never had problems with either of those before. Other than that I haven't had any other problems I can think of. If you need me to collect logs or something let me know what to look for.
Thanks

Edit: Posted in wrong thread.

Last edited:

droid_legacy

Feb 16, 2012
Trier
Hey folks, I'm back from a long pause of android I wanted to know, if this ROM includes SuperUser and if so, is there still the SuperSU APP or how is it done?
Thanks in advance

triton17

Jun 21, 2017
Hey davidteri91

Great work so far

I really appreciate it

One thing: can you make a version without all the Google stuff preinstalled?

Or at least make a list of all apps that are unnecessary for the system to work?

Thanks a lot

davidteri91

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2012
Cinisello Balsamo
Hey davidteri91

Great work so far

I really appreciate it

One thing: can you make a version without all the Google stuff preinstalled?

Or at least make a list of all apps that are unnecessary for the system to work?

Thanks a lot
If you want it then you will need build it because I have not any aosp apps here all are Google MMS contacts calendar calculator etc etc

Inviato dal mio Xperia X Compact (AOSP) utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: echo124

echo124

Jan 6, 2016
As I said we are following GoogleApps

Inviato dal mio Xperia X Performance (AOSP) utilizzando Tapatalk

Oh, understand - sorry for annoying questions.

Correct me if wrong, this particular feature is a "baked in" the system, no ui disable/enable feature it recognizes when your phone receive mms and automatically turns on data and turns it off once message received. Is there something similar that can be implemented sir? Very interesting:fingers-crossed:

lipalok

Jul 17, 2013
Nitra
Is it just me or do you also experience low image quality of this ROM? Is mean, the pictures my phone takes are not only low in overall quality, but they are also pretty low in overall size - for instance, 13 MP photo has only 1 MB. Is this bug related to Sony sources? Thanks!

qvmuhuuxz

Jul 6, 2017
I'm not an expert at custom roms (I just flash them!), is it not possible to copy the stock Sony camera app/other camera files and use them in this rom?
The only real thing that is keeping me from flashing is the camera.

tyroan

Oct 22, 2017
Without GApps?

Heya! Any chance you could publish a build (preferably of the latest version) without GApps? It would be really appreciated!

lba810701

Hi!

I read something thiese at our OmniROM 8 subforum at our x compact rom and kernels.... ( Sorry, i dont knwon how to paste an xda link here... , So i copy and paste that text what DJHasis wrote there )

Until Sony updates their Firmware to allow flashing of oem partition, this is a workaround to flash this partition thru TWRP recovery and using dd.

Download and unzip SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_O_MR0_4.4_v02_loire.zip from https://developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/list-of-devices-and-resources/

Create a sparse oem.img from the downloaded binaries.

Then flash the oem partition (workaround, until Sony updates stock image with oem partition writable)

Boot to TWRP recovery by powering off the phone completely, hold VOL-DOWN and POWER and wait for TWRP boot.
Or, fastboot boot twrp.img

Thanks NielDK for the instructions https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74130466&postcount=2

I don't knwon its help or not . But at Omni it was good. Except how to make an oem.raw. The command line was: " simg2img -l ***.zip -o oem.raw ", where ***.zip was the latest oreo binaries from sonys web site.

Maybe this help. Not sure. But, when i arrived at home, i will try this aosp to.

Reactions: DJHasis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is AOSP for Sony Xperia X Compact (Kugo) (F5321)

SonyAosp build will always mainly based on AOSP with some Material stuff

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Code:
    IMPORTANT: Make sure you have an unlock Bootloader

Please if you have Locked Bootloader you may check this http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/

Code:
    WORKING
    - RIL
    - Mic
    - Sound (Speaker and Headset)
    - LED
    - Thermal Manager
    - Audio and Video Decoders/Encoders
    - Camera (WIP)
    - Recovery (Only for flash signed zips)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Oreo 8.1.X][X Compact - F5321] Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Compact

Contributors
    davidteri91
    Source Code: http://Github.com/SonyAosp

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-02-12
    Last Updated 2018-03-25

This ROM has included GAPPS

Steps for Flash

Code:
    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]   fastboot flash oem xxxxx.img  [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]   fastboot flash boot boot.img  [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]   fastboot flash recovery recovery.img  [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]   fastboot flash system system.img  [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]   fastboot flash userdata userdata.img  [/SIZE][/FONT]

Please make sure your device is updated to latest sony software present on flashtool due to loader requeriments

To flash oem partition you should download odm.img from https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/latest-updates/

You don't need flash userdata everytime .... only first time ..... userdata.img will wipe your data... you may be adviced
    New Nougat 7.1.2 builds available ....

Inviato dal mio F8131 utilizzando Tapatalk
    New Oreo 8.1 builds available .... Enjoy

Sent from my Xperia X Performance (AOSP) using Tapatalk
    New build available, as usual without a changelog.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=159533
    Don't expect a changelog .... All changelog can be see from aosp and sonyxperiadev git

Inviato dal mio Xperia X Compact (AOSP) utilizzando Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone