Oreo beta and APTX-HD

Search This thread

Praks93

Oct 20, 2017
Flacq
No seperate qualcom chip needed?

I thought it needed a seperate chip to actually work and that is why AptxHD is not found in most pre-Oreo devices. (Except the V30 for example)

Wiz

Nov 13, 2003
Amsterdam
www.t-systems.com
APTX is an extension to the Bluetooth SBC stack, supported by a Qualcomm chip, and provides higher bandwidth (higher quality) to wireless audio devices. This APTX stack has recently evolved into APTX-HD, which essentially is an improvement on the original APTX codec. There is a new generation of headphones and other devices that now also supports APTX-HD (For instance the Bowers & Wilkins PX or Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones). They sound awesome on the LG G6 that already supports APTX-HD in Android 7. APTX HD however is a default add-on in Oreo. So I was wondering whether Samsung has allowed that codec in their implementation of Oreo.

Northwinds

Jan 2, 2015
Yes I was about to buy an S8 but really want the aptx HD option.

Any news on this please?

APTX is an extension to the Bluetooth SBC stack, supported by a Qualcomm chip, and provides higher bandwidth (higher quality) to wireless audio devices. This APTX stack has recently evolved into APTX-HD, which essentially is an improvement on the original APTX codec. There is a new generation of headphones and other devices that now also supports APTX-HD (For instance the Bowers & Wilkins PX or Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones). They sound awesome on the LG G6 that already supports APTX-HD in Android 7. APTX HD however is a default add-on in Oreo. So I was wondering whether Samsung has allowed that codec in their implementation of Oreo.

ocujos

• Feb 21, 2010
    Sydney
    Only LDAC is a default add-on which WILL be present in the Oreo update. Aptx-HD still requires licensing fees and MIGHT be present in the Oreo build.
    That's because Sony has licenced *Google* (for free) to use LDAC codec in Oreo on *any* phone (it used to work only on Sony phones).
    APT-X HD is Qualcom proprietary codec. LDAC & APT-X HD are very close in terms of quality.
    Can't wait for Oreo to come out to get some LDAC goodness on may Sony 1000xm2 headphones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Yes I was about to buy an S8 but really want the aptx HD option.

Any news on this please?

Only LDAC is a default add-on which WILL be present in the Oreo update. Aptx-HD still requires licensing fees and MIGHT be present in the Oreo build.