• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Oreo Beta Program for European models

Search This thread

diehardro

Jul 14, 2013
Bacău
I have Vodafone 4g but not LTE!
telekom and Vodafone.. Are lying pieces of s#it

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Does volte drain battery? Call quality is that good?

I have a small drain battery than when I had 206, but it's not bad. I think it's normal, since Oreo seems to use a little bit more RAM than Nougat, so I don't think VoLTE drains battery. Call quality is excellent with VoLTE.

Reactions: bayarx

diehardro

Jul 14, 2013
Bacău
On my phone, after booting, in the very first seconds Orange send me a text message telling me that VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling are enabled. I can not find VoLTE in the menu, but Wi-Fi Calling is under Settings > Networks > Call settings > Wi-Fi Calling.

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
I have a small drain battery than when I had 206, but it's not bad. I think it's normal, since Oreo seems to use a little bit more RAM than Nougat, so I don't think VoLTE drains battery. Call quality is excellent with VoLTE.
RAM usage doesn't really impact battery life. It's CPU and network usage that will. You could argue more RAM used equals more apps and services that could use CPU time and that there is therefore a correlation but generally the way RAM works and the way Android works it's mostly irrelevant and therefore more RAM used does not equal more battery drain.

However it's still beta so there could be some optimizations lacking causing battery drain. It could be anything (wake locks, background activity, frequent syncing or even just beta telemetry and logging). Report it to Huawei if it isn't fixed after some battery cycles. Remember battery data will be useless for the first few days after an update.

Reactions: diehardro

bayarx

Mar 22, 2016
RAM usage doesn't really impact battery life. It's CPU and network usage that will. You could argue more RAM used equals more apps and services that could use CPU time and that there is therefore a correlation but generally the way RAM works and the way Android works it's mostly irrelevant and therefore more RAM used does not equal more battery drain.

However it's still beta so there could be some optimizations lacking causing battery drain. It could be anything (wake locks, background activity, frequent syncing or even just beta telemetry and logging). Report it to Huawei if it isn't fixed after some battery cycles. Remember battery data will be useless for the first few days after an update.
Very true

danut11

May 10, 2018
where can I find these settings for enabling volte?there is no option under mobile network or wifi!I have Vodafone 4g network but no volte

Vodafone Romania and Telekom Romania have no voLTE. Vodafone had announced in 2014 that it would be available voLTE but gave up this idea. Of what she said is currently working on this feature, possibly to launch by the end of the year. About Telekom I do not know anything about this.

bayarx

Mar 22, 2016
Oreo stays very good at wakelocks.. On this power manager I used to have 100% on nougat

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180518-203028.jpg
    Screenshot_20180518-203028.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 326

Blueshell2000

Mar 13, 2017
Oh I see. I just got off the live chat with Huawei UK and they said the official update to Oreo is already being distributed to P10 lite devices in the UK in batches

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
Oh I see. I just got off the live chat with Huawei UK and they said the official update to Oreo is already being distributed to P10 lite devices in the UK in batches
I kinda find that hard to believe. Two reasons: first level support usually knows nothing about these things. The second reason being that it would be pointless to roll out a beta program that's barely begun if the build was already RTM ready. You can also add to the list that nobody is reporting it anywhere.

Of course there's a slight chance I'm wrong but I'm quite confident that the customer rep was spouting nonsense as usual.

Reactions: NishiroKoku

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 4: OTA is now active (beta)

UPDATE 3: They accepted my request, Beta joined

UPDATE 2: At the moment, confirmed in France, Germany and Spain

UPDATE: You must have B206 to join the beta, screenshot of the requirement added in latest post

Registrations for Oreo Beta program for the p10-lite now allowed using Huawei beta app (European Models), you can use HwFut_2.2.25 apk
    This is basically the experience with Huawei updates
    Waiting-Skeleton.jpg
    No update yet over here in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
    I guess we will get it sometimes next year...

I read that in Serbia its already rolling out, so it should be close
    FB_IMG_1530640699723.jpg

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I had a chat with a Huawei Customer from Romania and I found out this things:
    • The update will come to all versions of Huawei P10 Lite ( no matter if is single or dual sim, or if he have 3GB of RAM or 4GB ), at least in Romania.
    • The update will come in ascending order by IMEI number, so some models will not receive the update at the same time.

I attach the screenshots here. Is in Romanian, so if you want to understand use Google Translate.

18dCbVh.png

pMF3LRy.png

56JuDre.png

2nFNj6s.png

a9Fuxo8.png

pcCOYHM.png

**btw sorry for my bad english.