• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Oreo drains S8 battery to fast. Is there any way to downgrade/rollback to Nougat?

Search This thread

Canoa

Mar 14, 2018
Hi all,

With nougat I had almost 6 hours non stop multitasking with 2 screens with YouTube and Chrome and others apps. Now it last less the 2 hours and it's frustrating, plus it gets hot. There's no information from Samsung how to fix.

I upgraded my S8 not from the Beta programme but from the normal upgrading service. I'm trying to find a easy way to rollback to Nougat I don't find a reliable way. It will affect my warranty? If I need a computer I have a Mac.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Alex93917

Sep 17, 2011
Nice
Hi
Did you make a factory reset ?

If yes, back to Nougat by flashing Nougat firmware on ODIN.

Your knox protection will be not passed, it will stay at 0x0, don't be afraid, ODIN and Samsung firmware are official and don't affect warranty.

Canoa

Mar 14, 2018
Hi
Did you make a factory reset ?

If yes, back to Nougat by flashing Nougat firmware on ODIN.

Your knox protection will be not passed, it will stay at 0x0, don't be afraid, ODIN and Samsung firmware are official and don't affect warranty.

Hi

No, I haven't done a factory reset. Is there any easy guide to do it?

If I go to do it through Odin, could you recommend me a guide?

Thanks.

Tiges

May 12, 2013
Dublin
Factory reset is a must after major update otherwise you will have issues. I have done reset straight away and very happy with battery life . Pretty much same level like on nougat or even slightly better.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: funkybone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Factory reset is a must after major update otherwise you will have issues. I have done reset straight away and very happy with battery life . Pretty much same level like on nougat or even slightly better.

Even if I had the update 2 days ago? Will that work?