• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Oreo][Overlay] Enable Night Light tile ******Discontinued****

Search This thread

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013
Good day.
Yes, after reboot, I tried installing the apk again and the adb command again too. The new option appears in the "screen" menu, but when I press the turn on toggle, the screen color stays the same. :(
My x compact is rooted , so I just flashed the package and it worked right away.
Is your device rooted?
Than you anyway for that finding.

yes its rooted and many times many things work by following different processes. so the main thing is it worked! :)

eymentuna

Jun 3, 2014
Osmaniye

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180322-183111.png
    Screenshot_20180322-183111.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 284

Badu87

Jan 15, 2014
I install apk and I write this command on adb

adb shell cmd overlay enable --user 0 android.res.night

Hansoliv

Jul 12, 2007
it's a shame it does not work like in my X compact rooted :(
After flashing the package of the first post in twrp in my XC, after boot in Xperia actions 2.0.A.0.10, appeared an new option that schedules the night mode with the rest of the option. (see atachment)
In my XZ1C that did not happen :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180322-215350.png
    Screenshot_20180322-215350.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
confirmed working on XZ1. Need second try though, first try doesn't work (strangely). I did by simply install the apk as standard apk, and use the adb command, then reboot. It doesn't appear at first, i repeat install the apk, going adb command again (make sure device is usb debugging enabled and on MTP transfer file mode) and voila!

Merlin K

Nov 14, 2014
Sony Xperia XA2
Xperia XA2. Did everything according to the instructions, appeared in menu but doesn't work - no difference between on, off, intensity. Any ways to make it working?

xrenoix

Jul 11, 2010
clermont ferrand france
I flashed via twrp, didnt happen anything, can find in setting on in quick toggle buttons... what did i do wron ?
xperia X, F5122, Oreo 8

extracted the APK and install it normally
then connected device to pc and opened minimal adb & Fastboot and execute following command
Code:
"adb shell cmd overlay enable --user 0 android.res.night"
and rebooted the device

WORKING 100%

Work perfect with my XZP locked Just intall normal .Apk and adb reboot !!! You are the Best thank you

Reactions: Eagle3386

kioshi

Feb 9, 2011
Fremont, CA
confirmed working on XZ1. Need second try though, first try doesn't work (strangely). I did by simply install the apk as standard apk, and use the adb command, then reboot. It doesn't appear at first, i repeat install the apk, going adb command again (make sure device is usb debugging enabled and on MTP transfer file mode) and voila!

I followed the OP's instructions and had to do the same to my Xperia XZ1 Japanese variant with March security. But, everytime I unlock my phone, night mode turns off and I have to enable it again via quick toggles.

Are you experiencing this or anyone else with an XZ1? I can't find the solution to this on Google. :(

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
I followed the OP's instructions and had to do the same to my Xperia XZ1 Japanese variant with March security. But, everytime I unlock my phone, night mode turns off and I have to enable it again via quick toggles.

Are you experiencing this or anyone else with an XZ1? I can't find the solution to this on Google. :(

i didn't experience such hiccup though. But i do experience that the white balance is reset after the Night Light is turned off. So i chose to uninstall it in the mean time.

kioshi

Feb 9, 2011
Fremont, CA
i didn't experience such hiccup though. But i do experience that the white balance is reset after the Night Light is turned off. So i chose to uninstall it in the mean time.

Hmm. Maybe I'll try to uninstall it and reinstall it via adb and not manually by installing the app from phone.

Thank you.

EDIT: Uninstalled it. Pushed the apk via adb this time and still have night light turning off after i unlock phone using fingerprint or pattern. It must be something to do with Docomo variant.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ******Discontinued****
    I made a very simple overlay mod to enable Night Light tile
    Just flash in recovery

I flashed via twrp, didnt happen anything, can find in setting on in quick toggle buttons... what did i do wron ?
    xperia X, F5122, Oreo 8

extracted the APK and install it normally
    then connected device to pc and opened minimal adb & Fastboot and execute following command
    Code:
    "adb shell cmd overlay enable --user 0 android.res.night"
    and rebooted the device

WORKING 100%
    @Soheil_rf Possible to make this work for Pie as well?
    slm dadash ;)
    ino mishe ro android6 ham nasb kard???
    Hi
    No, its for android 8
    Good day.
    Yes, after reboot, I tried installing the apk again and the adb command again too. The new option appears in the "screen" menu, but when I press the turn on toggle, the screen color stays the same. :(
    My x compact is rooted , so I just flashed the package and it worked right away.
    Is your device rooted?
    Than you anyway for that finding.

yes its rooted and many times many things work by following different processes. so the main thing is it worked! :)