• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Oreo][Overlay] Enable Night Light tile ******Discontinued****

Search This thread

Hansoliv

Jul 12, 2007

Antoniodz

Dec 26, 2017
Good day.
I had the same problem the first time.
1- You need to be updated to the latest firmware version.
2- Do like is said in post #32 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75918523&postcount=32)
3- reboot
4- Do again like in post 32 :D.
5- Reboot again.
After that it worked for me (don't ask me why)
Hope it helps

Hello, I already install it by adb and I get the section in the screen option but when I turn it on it does not activate the red / amber color that Oreo Nigth Ligth must have

masakistan

Jul 19, 2018
Success on XA2

I was able to use this successfully on an XA2. The night light effect is not very strong compared to other phones even with the night light intensity setting at maximum. But, it still looks good and is easier on the eyes.

Not sure why, but I had to go through the process twice. I installed the apk, ran
Code:
./adb shell cmd overlay enable --user 0 android.res.night

rebooted, didn't have the option for night light, re-ran

Code:
./adb shell cmd overlay enable --user 0 android.res.night

rebooted, option was there!

Thanks so much for the great resource.

Reactions: dani020110

TheShark27

Jun 2, 2017
Tried flashing it in recovery. No success.
Restarted, still nothing.
Extracted the zip file, installed the app, I have it overlay permissions and a menu appeared. However, the slider and the quick setting toggle do absolutely nothing.
Am I doing something wrong here?

Alexander Scott

Oct 19, 2018
It worked on my XZ1 Compact with the May security update. I had to reboot the device, then run the command a second time and reboot to enable the option.
Thanks!

Linshart

Jul 6, 2012
i´m trying to enable this on my xz with .192 firmware, but it doesn´t work anymore!? could it be, that the framework-res is the problem?

Reactions: Sheetzie03

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ******Discontinued****
    I made a very simple overlay mod to enable Night Light tile
    Just flash in recovery

I flashed via twrp, didnt happen anything, can find in setting on in quick toggle buttons... what did i do wron ?
    xperia X, F5122, Oreo 8

extracted the APK and install it normally
    then connected device to pc and opened minimal adb & Fastboot and execute following command
    Code:
    "adb shell cmd overlay enable --user 0 android.res.night"
    and rebooted the device

WORKING 100%
    @Soheil_rf Possible to make this work for Pie as well?
    slm dadash ;)
    ino mishe ro android6 ham nasb kard???
    Hi
    No, its for android 8
    Good day.
    Yes, after reboot, I tried installing the apk again and the adb command again too. The new option appears in the "screen" menu, but when I press the turn on toggle, the screen color stays the same. :(
    My x compact is rooted , so I just flashed the package and it worked right away.
    Is your device rooted?
    Than you anyway for that finding.

yes its rooted and many times many things work by following different processes. so the main thing is it worked! :)