• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Oreo][Overlay] Enable Night Light tile ******Discontinued****

Search This thread

AlejandroHCruz

Mar 11, 2015
Did anyone lose their system updates after installing/enabling this? Worried about the upcoming Pie update for the XZ1c. Thanks!

Sebi673

TheArt.

I asked to @russel5 to bring Night Light to Pie. He sent me this apk (attached, unzip it) and stated that it could not be used without root on Pie.

Still, he said that an option could be to push it in /vendor/overlay and see what happens.

I am still on Oreo, so anyone can try this?

Sent from my XZ1 Compact using XDA Labs

Attachments

• nightmodepie.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 306

mjeshurun

May 27, 2011
Hello, and thank you for the mod.
Is it supported on LineageOS 15.1 on Nexus 5X?
I installed, but can't get it to work.

wyt18

I asked to @russel5 to bring Night Light to Pie. He sent me this apk (attached, unzip it) and stated that it could not be used without root on Pie.

Still, he said that an option could be to push it in /vendor/overlay and see what happens.

I am still on Oreo, so anyone can try this?

Sent from my XZ1 Compact using XDA Labs

tried it on pie, but didn't work (couldn't install apk, flash zip, and push to vendor/overlay did nothing)

Gaasantana

Mar 11, 2019
Bro, can you pls make one of this for Moto G4+ in Oreo 8.1?
Motorola just ignored the users and dont bring the night light function to the Oreo update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ******Discontinued****
    I made a very simple overlay mod to enable Night Light tile
    Just flash in recovery

I flashed via twrp, didnt happen anything, can find in setting on in quick toggle buttons... what did i do wron ?
    xperia X, F5122, Oreo 8

extracted the APK and install it normally
    then connected device to pc and opened minimal adb & Fastboot and execute following command
    Code:
    "adb shell cmd overlay enable --user 0 android.res.night"
    and rebooted the device

WORKING 100%
    @Soheil_rf Possible to make this work for Pie as well?
    slm dadash ;)
    ino mishe ro android6 ham nasb kard???
    Hi
    No, its for android 8
    Good day.
    Yes, after reboot, I tried installing the apk again and the adb command again too. The new option appears in the "screen" menu, but when I press the turn on toggle, the screen color stays the same. :(
    My x compact is rooted , so I just flashed the package and it worked right away.
    Is your device rooted?
    Than you anyway for that finding.

yes its rooted and many times many things work by following different processes. so the main thing is it worked! :)