• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Oreo] [TWRP 3.2.1-0] [0.3] [+Capacitive fix]

Search This thread

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
This is my custom TWRP for the Honor9 (STF) phone. Finally after more than 2 weeks I've successfully added encryption support. I plan to keep it updated.

2ms0oi1.jpg

This is an alpha release and many features of TWRP are untested! Let me know if you find anything that is not working.
ONLY for Oreo 8.0 firmwares

Download:

Problems:
  • Mount system rw
    • Custom kernel required because of Huawei MMC protection (check second post)

Bugreport:
Post /tmp/recovery.log and full dmesg output in comments

Install:
  1. Put phone into fastboot
  2. Run fastboot.exe flash recovery_ramdisk [imgfile]

Changelog:
Code:
0.3:
- Fix problem with different firmware versions
- Fix busybox zip utility
0.2:
- Implement decryption native
0.1:
- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for Honor9, Tool/Utility for the Honor 9

Contributors
zxz0O0

Version Information

Created 2018-02-24
Last Updated 2018-03-26

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
Capacitive button fix
Some people have the problem of missing capacitive buttons. The reason for this problem is not flashing a recovery but probably because something during firmware upgrade went wrong.
I made a custom kernel which should fix the capacitive button problem. This kernel also allows disable of SELinux with setenforce command.

ONLY for OREO

New: Proto8 kernel includes my capacitive fix. Download it here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-9/development/kernel-proto8-kernel-t3780551

Old method with kernel compiled by me (not recommended, use Proto8 kernel instead):
  1. Download kernel
  2. Flash with fastboot.exe flash kernel KERNEL_BXXX_TOUCH_FIX.img
  3. Reboot into android and check capacitive buttons (enable them in settings if necessary)
  4. Flash stock kernel again if you want

Last edited:

WFree

Apr 19, 2014
After flashing and used this TWRP the capacitive buttons and camera flashlight are still working?

WidosFTW

Feb 10, 2016
Well tried to do a backup of my system and noticed that it failed to mount /system.
Logs are attached

Edit:
It can't mount rw, read only works as expected.

Attachments

• logs.7z
    96.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Reactions: zxz0O0

WFree

Apr 19, 2014
Yes I am B360 to be exactly, and I can confirm that rooting with Magisk works perfectly, buttons and flash keep working and safety net is not triggered.

Via custom recovery:
Download the latest Magisk zip file
Reboot to a custom recovery and flash the flashable zip
Reboot to system, and check whether Magisk Manager is installed and the version matches the latest one in the OP
If for some reason Magisk Manager isn't installed/upgraded automatically, please install/upgrade it manually!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

This method and Magisk v16.0 right?

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
Well tried to do a backup of my system and noticed that it failed to mount /system.
Logs are attached

Edit:
It can't mount rw, read only works as expected.

Does TWRP need system rw for backup? Anyway, Huawei added write protection in memory controller. So in order to mount system rw, a custom kernel is required. If you need it I can compile a custom kernel. Note that recovery and system have the same kernel now in Oreo.

Reactions: FearFac

WidosFTW

Feb 10, 2016
Does TWRP need system rw for backup? Anyway, Huawei added write protection in memory controller. So in order to mount system rw, a custom kernel is required. If you need it I can compile a custom kernel. Note that recovery and system have the same kernel now in Oreo.

To be honest I am not sure, you can back up without a problem (system) but I needed a few tries to restore but it worked. But I can't back up data.

Attachments

• DataBackup.7z
    87.3 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Reactions: zxz0O0

WFree

Apr 19, 2014
Ok, i've flashed this TWRP, buttons and flashlight still working. Flashed Magisk v16.0. Root works, but SafetyNet is triggered. :confused:

------- EDIT -------

After reboot, SafetyNet now is not triggered! :laugh:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180225-134445.jpg
    Screenshot_20180225-134445.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 974
  • Screenshot_20180225-143759.jpg
    Screenshot_20180225-143759.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 960
Last edited:

WFree

Apr 19, 2014
If i remove Magisk and flash SuperSU NetSafety will be triggered? In a future a flash of stock rom and a total remove of root will turn off SafetyNet or it will be triggered forever?

A working version of SuperSU with this TWRP and Oreo B360?

Top Liked Posts