[Oreo] [TWRP 3.2.1-0] [0.3] [+Capacitive fix]

Search This thread

pierangelof

Mar 1, 2013
Hello .
I modified the TWRP here a little for Emui 9.
Interface language is Russian and English.
Added a few tools necessary in my opinion.
Original post on 4pda
Mod Edit: link removed
Hi gaguga,
thank you very much for this recovery. It is still not possible to read the internal memory but I was able to root my device running Android Pie.
Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

gaguga

Nov 1, 2014
Hi gaguga,
thank you very much for this recovery. It is still not possible to read the internal memory but I was able to root my device running Android Pie.
Thanks again!
In fact, you can get a decryption of the date section, but for this you need to do a few actions with root rights on the phone

donpromillo

Nov 26, 2011
hi gaguga,

could you plz list the necessary steps?
tried to translate the original post at 4pda.ru, but that gave me no glue about

thanks

donpromillo

donpromillo

Nov 26, 2011
I'm at 9.0.1.157, as you can see, a early bird, got it with firmwarefinder and flashed with huru upater and. runs without error until now, but I'm not able to further update, because of the encrypted partitions

thanks in advance

donpromillo

Last edited:

gaguga

Nov 1, 2014
I'm at 9.0.1.157, as you can see, a early bird, got it with firmwarefinder and flashed with huru upater and. runs without error until now, but I'm not able to further update, because of the encrypted partitions

thanks in advance

donpromillo
It will be good if you specify the full version of your firmware.
I calmly updated so
Mod Edit: link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

donpromillo

Nov 26, 2011
Hi, thanks I'll try asap. The complete firmware version is attached as image

cheers

donpromillo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190426_172141.jpg
    Screenshot_20190426_172141.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

gaguga

Nov 1, 2014
Hi, thanks I'll try asap. The complete firmware version is attached as image

cheers

donpromillo

I think that I will disappoint you the way the firmware version is indicated on your skin.
Perhaps you have installed the firmware is not for your oeminfo
In FF, you need to choose the firmware which consists of 2 files
This is how the firmware version should look.
Only you will not have C10, and will be C432

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190427_143110_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190427_143110_com.android.settings.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

donpromillo

Nov 26, 2011
perhaps you're right, but the update.zip and the update_all_hw.zip from ff were shown as compatible, but not yet released for model Stf-L09. is the oeminfo part of the update_all_hw.zip? if yes, would it make sense to reflash only this part?

best

donpromillo

donpromillo

Nov 26, 2011
hi, even it doesnt look like, but that, for my best recognition, was the one i choosed the first time. I even tried to reapply this image with no luck, choosing your twrp recovery image.

perhaps i would go the hard way and factory reset und start from scratch with oreo 360er image

i'll report as soon as there is some progress

regards

donpromillo

burton_mb

Oct 10, 2015
Did you succeed in rooting? I'm in a similar situation - updated to EMUI 9 (version 162); trying to use TWRP from gaguga, but partitions are still encrypted. So I can not root right now (trying to apply patched Magisk as well but also no success)

hi, even it doesnt look like, but that, for my best recognition, was the one i choosed the first time. I even tried to reapply this image with no luck, choosing your twrp recovery image.

perhaps i would go the hard way and factory reset und start from scratch with oreo 360er image

i'll report as soon as there is some progress

regards

donpromillo

modest.young

Sep 12, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Did you succeed in rooting? I'm in a similar situation - updated to EMUI 9 (version 162); trying to use TWRP from gaguga, but partitions are still encrypted. So I can not root right now (trying to apply patched Magisk as well but also no success)

I was in the same situation as you, but I succeeded.
You don't need to use @gaguga 's modded TWRP for rooting your H9. You only have to follow official magisk installation steps for EMUI9 and after flashing patched recovery_ramdisk you have to boot into recovery (I did it using adb).

I it helps you.

Regards.

donpromillo

Nov 26, 2011
I was in the same situation as you, but I succeeded.

You don't need to use @gaguga 's modded TWRP for rooting your H9. You only have to follow official magisk installation steps for EMUI9 and after flashing patched recovery_ramdisk you have to boot into recovery (I did it using adb).

I it helps you.

Regards.
Yes, you can root with magisk, but your are fixed to the firmware version you had, theres no (known to me) way to further update your system with new security patch releases without reset the system and lose your data.

I personally lost the battle and bricked my "bootloader open" Honor, but fair enough by Amazon, they switched its motherboard for free, so now I have to decide to reopen bootloader by third party helper programms or stay at stock version. Unsure what to do , cant find a reasonable point to "must have" a opened device

Regards

Donpromillo

Gesendet von meinem STF-L09 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts