Oreo update for the Galaxy S6

Search This thread

nysascape

Jan 24, 2016
Hi,
I just spoke to a Galaxy support rep, and they gave an ETA of about January/February. I don't know if this is completely legit but if it came from a support rep, I'd think it's true. And the ETA seems legit.

I don't know what you guys think of this but... yea. Hopefully we get the Oreo update. I'd also suggest you speak to support reps yourselfs to comfirm it :D

Screenshots below

Attachments

• Capture1111.PNG
    Capture1111.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 5,292
  • Captu1111re.PNG
    Captu1111re.PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 5,211

Fixo

Aug 16, 2011
Hi,
I just spoke to a Galaxy support rep, and they gave an ETA of about January/February. I don't know if this is completely legit but if it came from a support rep, I'd think it's true. And the ETA seems legit.

I don't know what you guys think of this but... yea. Hopefully we get the Oreo update. I'd also suggest you speak to support reps yourselfs to comfirm it :D

Screenshots below
"That was Legitness..."

I would be happy if my S6 gets OREO.

I think its true, its only a matter of time now. S6 is a good device!

Reactions: Gaurav k21

punktnet

Nov 5, 2010
Bucharest
Don't get me wrong but that answer seems very generic and as far as i know the oreo update didn't even hit the S8 model. Mind you that it will take another 2-3 months after that for the S7 update wich is the previous generation. Aaaand after that we can expect something for S6, but i'm not confident for a stock oreo from Samsung...

Reactions: sm-a510f
G

GuestK00226

Since N released for the S6 in April/May, I expect Oreo to be released in August/September

CroGamer1

Mar 28, 2016
Zagreb
if T-Mobile is getting the Oreo update for s6, i would hope Verizon goes through with it too.. http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s6-note-5-android-oreo-update-3391192

Pretty much impossible that the S6 gets Oreo. Their support rep has denied that the update will come. Here is the link: https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/143393 . If you look at the T-Mobile software update page the S6 isn't listed as an eligible device for the Oreo update :(

Here is the link for the software update page: https://support.t-mobile.com/community/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

CroGamer1

Mar 28, 2016
Zagreb
Pretty much impossible that the S6 gets Oreo. Their support rep has denied that the update will come . If you look at the T-Mobile software update page the S6 isn't listed as an eligible device for the Oreo update :(

The post is really old, May 2017, its been almost a year. So still a chance!:good:

It's not. If you read the page carefully the rep apologised for not coming back to clarify the situation. The rep gave the answer no a week ago

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Screenshots below
    Carefully read the message timed at 14.22, they will release an update on WHICH phones will receive an update.
    Hi,

Screenshots below
    "That was Legitness..."

I would be happy if my S6 gets OREO.

I think its true, its only a matter of time now. S6 is a good device!
    Don't get me wrong but that answer seems very generic and as far as i know the oreo update didn't even hit the S8 model. Mind you that it will take another 2-3 months after that for the S7 update wich is the previous generation. Aaaand after that we can expect something for S6, but i'm not confident for a stock oreo from Samsung...