• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Oreo update?

Search This thread

Z-Rock

Feb 24, 2013
I was holding off rooting waiting for Oreo but couldn't wait any longer. I'm now rooted and modded to my liking. It almost feels like a custom rom now. The mods I have done are. The Sound Mod(fir dual speakers), GRX V8(touchwiz mod), Wings 968 Fonts, xposed framework(FireFds Kit and Flat Style Bar Indicators, the modules I'm using), UX9(some S9 apps), Note8 Live Messages and a few apps I use are Csc Features and Faster GPS. I'm happy now the only mod I can't find is dual audio(bluetooth). Just thought I'd share whats working for me.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
They handle the FE as a 'new' device , it comes with 7.0 out of the box so 2 major updates i guess is oreo plus any sweeties starting with P. Practically it means a note7 with 3 major updates since they were dicking around for a year before they released the FE

treysis

Jun 30, 2014
But Note FE is not treated like any of the flagship Galaxy S/Note devices. Already now it only receives security updates on a quarterly basis. So 2 major updates is veeery unlikely. I'm even in doubt about Oreo. I do hope, and chances are rather good. But look at some other Samsungs that failed to get even a promised update.

colliderz

Sep 11, 2008
We should be more than happy for Oreo update even if it comes in 2019. The security updates will eventually stop post 2018. It is a sinking ship and we all knew it before we jumped on board.

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
Look guys i would be still happy to use my n7 if my imei wasnt blacklisted... so i am quite happy with any updates but if there are no updates thats fine foe me too. The phone knows everything I need.

treysis

Jun 30, 2014
It is a sinking ship and we all knew it before we jumped on board.

Exactly. The single-SIM version hasn't even received the January security updates. But hardware-wise it's the best phone out there at the moment for me (or maybe I need to talk myself out of buyer's remorse, having bought mine just 2 weeks ago):
-no weird 18.5:9 aspect ratio
-front-mounted finger-print sensor
-home button
-Qi-charging
-Samsung keyboard is the best keyboard in my opinion

could have more internal memory (or dedicated SD slot). And the change to Exynos probably means we'll not get much from custom ROMs. I'm happy with the device right now and it was more or less what I wanted, at a still reasonable price. But probably the next one will be from Huawei.

Sorry for drifting too much OT.

Reactions: talha5007

talha5007

Jan 13, 2013
Dubai
i doubt for P update...

with every device will get minimum two update ,That is known to all and no need to doubt.
specially with project treble in oreo update.

i doubt for P update and it'll be a big surprise if somehow we get treble enable on Oreo update, because core structure for treble is based on different storage partition, if they release OTA to change that partition then it might brick dozens of phones if i'm not mistaken.
and I believe Oreo will be 2nd major update for FE as its based on 2016 model.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I was holding off rooting waiting for Oreo but couldn't wait any longer. I'm now rooted and modded to my liking. It almost feels like a custom rom now. The mods I have done are. The Sound Mod(fir dual speakers), GRX V8(touchwiz mod), Wings 968 Fonts, xposed framework(FireFds Kit and Flat Style Bar Indicators, the modules I'm using), UX9(some S9 apps), Note8 Live Messages and a few apps I use are Csc Features and Faster GPS. I'm happy now the only mod I can't find is dual audio(bluetooth). Just thought I'd share whats working for me.

sounds good, can u attach a video or pics plz.
and which model you got?
I have SM-N935F/DS

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra

Hi, Which version of Xposed did you install on the FE ?
If possible, Share the link please...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I read this a couple of days ago, I hope it helps.
    https://www.sammobile.com/samsung-galaxy-android-8-o-update/amp/

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    It is a sinking ship and we all knew it before we jumped on board.

Exactly. The single-SIM version hasn't even received the January security updates. But hardware-wise it's the best phone out there at the moment for me (or maybe I need to talk myself out of buyer's remorse, having bought mine just 2 weeks ago):
    -no weird 18.5:9 aspect ratio
    -front-mounted finger-print sensor
    -home button
    -Qi-charging
    -Samsung keyboard is the best keyboard in my opinion

could have more internal memory (or dedicated SD slot). And the change to Exynos probably means we'll not get much from custom ROMs. I'm happy with the device right now and it was more or less what I wanted, at a still reasonable price. But probably the next one will be from Huawei.

Sorry for drifting too much OT.
    N935L/S have just received OTA for Oreo.

EDIT: N935K now also has update.