Oreo - VoLTE - Enhanced 4G LTE Mode gone

Search This thread

saski4711

Jul 9, 2016
Hi there.

since the officiel oreo update I have no more VoLTE (HD) capabilities and the setting option is gone. The search finds it but when I select "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" from the search I get to the cellular network settings where I do not see this option. Any Ideas?

Regards

Barmenchik

• Jul 15, 2012
    North East of England
    Hi there.

since the officiel oreo update I have no more VoLTE (HD) capabilities and the setting option is gone. The search finds it but when I select "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" from the search I get to the cellular network settings where I do not see this option. Any Ideas?

Regards

For me the same. Was and after update to Oreo, gone. Network EE UK. :crying:

pardalos

Dec 2, 2014
    Hi i have the same problem and my network support volte. I am on nougat.

Attachments

• 26906593_1618199848255975_489773697_o.png
      26906593_1618199848255975_489773697_o.png
      106.2 KB · Views: 4,071

__BJ__

Apr 16, 2012
    I also need this Option back, my provider doesn't support SMS on Enhanced 4G LTE Mode. So I have to manually switch back to 3G to receive a planned SMS and then back to 4G... Is there a way to somehow unhide this option, because it looks like it is available in the settings when you search for it, but if you click on it you only end up on the mobile network page.

kometbaru

Aug 14, 2012
    hi, it happened also in Indonesia, my HD logo dissapear, now I cannot use sms or data call without volte apps.
    tried to re-flash 7.8.23 still the same, seems IMS has been blocked.

Reactions: Barmenchik

Absynth30

Jan 26, 2018
    I have the same issue on O2 Carrier Germany. SIM card is not provisioned for VoLTE but it works when used on a Galaxy J5 2017
    As soon i put it in my Mi A1 upon calling there is a fallback from 4G to 3G
    I also have a Vodafone SIM which is provisioned for VoLTE and in this way the option Enhanced LTE appears but has no effect because when performing a call there is again a fallback from 4G to 3G
    I have now Oreo + January patch and still it does not work :(

Also HD voice is not working. When performing a call from my phone no HD is seen on the other endpoint and no notifaction on mine
    If i get a HD voice call from another phone connection is established and quality is good but no indication on Mi A1 that it is a HD voice call

saski4711

Jul 9, 2016
    I have the same issue on O2 Carrier Germany. SIM card is not provisioned for VoLTE but it works when used on a Galaxy J5 2017
    As soon i put it in my Mi A1 upon calling there is a fallback from 4G to 3G
    I also have a Vodafone SIM which is provisioned for VoLTE and in this way the option Enhanced LTE appears but has no effect because when performing a call there is again a fallback from 4G to 3G
    I have now Oreo + January patch and still it does not work :(

Also HD voice is not working. When performing a call from my phone no HD is seen on the other endpoint and no notifaction on mine
    If i get a HD voice call from another phone connection is established and quality is good but no indication on Mi A1 that it is a HD voice call

Same here for Telekom(Germany) with VoLTE enabled SIM. With Android N I got the HD Symbol and VoLTE was working within Telekom calls. With the Oreo Update that feature is gone. Regarding HDVoice (AMS-WBR): That works well for me too but I believe the HD Symbol is only shown if VoLTE is being successfully negociated between the phone and the carrier (?)

Barmenchik

• Jul 15, 2012
    North East of England
    from MIUI forum, about ours issue...
    At the moment VOLte is disabled in the device, in the future, after correcting more important errors, this function will be turned on at the software level
    True or not I don't know..
    EE support tell me,they do not support HD Voice and VoLTE on Mi A1 maybe in the near future .. BUT I saw this icon before the update and the choice was in the settings! :eek:

celoxocis

Apr 12, 2010
    Belgrade
    OMG. Im flash back clear Android 7.1.2 (7.12.19) and VoLTE ON !!!
    so flash back to Android 8, ALL VoLTE settings locked again!! Android 8 issue

could you point me to the exact same firmware version you have been using? that was successful?

I read a O2 German user reported VoLTE works on a October 2017 Nougat version but he didn't mention the exact version.

Top Liked Posts