• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[oreo]XZ1C-drmfix-root-ricoff

Search This thread

akonet.android

Nov 11, 2012
No. Please read few post above. There is no way to restore DRM keys which are lost at the time bootloader is unlocked. DRM-fix is a fix, making the OS think the keys are there. Fix work works witj some combinations of kernel/Magisk/SU/ROM but not with each amd every combination.

4rz0

Dec 2, 2010
The only way to possibly backup the keys would be to have root without unlocking the bootloader, which is not possible at this point.
Even if someone manages to achieve that (maybe trough some exploit or something), it's still unknown how the new key system works.

Last edited:

JackyJacks

May 7, 2016
Paris
I am sorry for the noob questions but even though I red the full topic, I did not find clear answers for each one of them.

1- Can I use this fix with the latest firmware (47.1.A.12.75) ?
2- Can I use this fix with stock kernel ?
3- Can I still receive monthly Sony's update with this fix ?
4- If yes, do I need to reinstall it after the update to make it work again ?
5- What is Magisk (kernel, app, script, ...), and what is its purpose ?

Thank you all :)

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
I am sorry for the noob questions but even though I red the full topic, I did not find clear answers for each one of them.

Thank you all :)

Unlocking your phone is not for you.

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
Well, yes it is, I did it with all my previous phones (mostly HTCs and Samsungs), I just did not know that Sony made it so a pain in the ass, so now I want to make sure I got all the information before I go.

Please just answer to the questions, what is it with the mystery ?

I would follow this thread.
sToRm// who wrote the fix used in this thread is about to release a 'one stop' tool that will do everything. If you look back though his comments, he's planning on making it compatble for the XZ1 & XZ1c.
You're also more likely to get support on that thread. Not much help from the OP here.

JackyJacks

May 7, 2016
Paris
I would follow this thread.
sToRm// who wrote the fix used in this thread is about to release a 'one stop' tool that will do everything. If you look back though his comments, he's planning on making it compatble for the XZ1 & XZ1c.
You're also more likely to get support on that thread. Not much help from the OP here.

Hmmm nice material.

From the thread you posted, I can see that the tool does flash a custom kernel for the fix to work properly.
Then why isn't there a kernel in the OP for that leaked ricoff/M-rom stuff ?

So, I think I got the answers to my questions for the current fix but two. can you please help with that ?

Well yeah this works for any Oreo version
Well yeah if I use Magisk as a rooting tool and not SuperSU
Hidden root (or "systemless-ly") so that you can user banking apps and other "parano" apps

pbarrette

Aug 7, 2012
Alabama
Hmmm nice material.

From the thread you posted, I can see that the tool does flash a custom kernel for the fix to work properly.
Then why isn't there a kernel in the OP for that leaked ricoff/M-rom stuff ?

So, I think I got the answers to my questions for the current fix but two. can you please help with that ?

Well yeah this works for any Oreo version
Well yeah if I use Magisk as a rooting tool and not SuperSU
Hidden root (or "systemless-ly") so that you can user banking apps and other "parano" apps

The fix in this thread is build for the stock kernel only. Non-stock might work, but there's no guarantee.

No. The fix in this thread REQUIRES the included version of SuperSU which contains a modification that allows the fix to be used without modifying the kernel's ramdisk.
You can't use Magisk directly with the patch in this thread.
Since you'll be rooted, you won't get OTA updates.
You can still download the updated ROM files with XperiCheck and flash them with Newflasher though.

In all cases of updates (OTA or manual) you would have to re-flash the fix.

The //sToRM fix currently uses a "custom" kernel that is really the stock kernel zImage with a re-packaged ramdisk image.
That change is needed in order to get the library files into the LD_PRELOAD environment variable so their patched functions will be called before the equivalent real functions in the Sony libraries, as well as turning off the functions which check for modified files on the /system partition.

The fix in this thread essentially hijacks the systemless functionality of the SuperSU package in order to inject that LD_PRELOAD and turn off the system checks without resorting to a direct modification of the kernel ramdisk image.

That's the primary difference between //sToRM's current package and this one. It means that //sToRM must distribute a full 20MB kernel image for every combination of phone and firmware version he supports, while M-Rom's package means that he only has to include //sToRM's library files, a patched "secd" binary and a modified SuperSU package.

I've told //sToRM in the past that he should be using something like AnyKernel2 to do the ramdisk patching at the user end, so that may be where his dev plans are headed. Otherwise his tool will just keep getting bigger every month.

Reactions: JackyJacks

JackyJacks

May 7, 2016
Paris
The fix in this thread is build for the stock kernel only. Non-stock might work, but there's no guarantee.

No. The fix in this thread REQUIRES the included version of SuperSU which contains a modification that allows the fix to be used without modifying the kernel's ramdisk.
You can't use Magisk directly with the patch in this thread.
Since you'll be rooted, you won't get OTA updates.
You can still download the updated ROM files with XperiCheck and flash them with Newflasher though.

In all cases of updates (OTA or manual) you would have to re-flash the fix.

The //sToRM fix currently uses a "custom" kernel that is really the stock kernel zImage with a re-packaged ramdisk image.
That change is needed in order to get the library files into the LD_PRELOAD environment variable so their patched functions will be called before the equivalent real functions in the Sony libraries, as well as turning off the functions which check for modified files on the /system partition.

The fix in this thread essentially hijacks the systemless functionality of the SuperSU package in order to inject that LD_PRELOAD and turn off the system checks without resorting to a direct modification of the kernel ramdisk image.

That's the primary difference between //sToRM's current package and this one. It means that //sToRM must distribute a full 20MB kernel image for every combination of phone and firmware version he supports, while M-Rom's package means that he only has to include //sToRM's library files, a patched "secd" binary and a modified SuperSU package.

I've told //sToRM in the past that he should be using something like AnyKernel2 to do the ramdisk patching at the user end, so that may be where his dev plans are headed. Otherwise his tool will just keep getting bigger every month.

Woa, now that's the kind of answer I was looking for.

Thank you, now everything's clear.

To maintain the mystery aspect, here's a riddle ;)

Trying to be smart but you didn't read and/or understand...

akonet.android

Nov 11, 2012
Woa, now that's the kind of answer I was looking for.

Thank you, now everything's clear.

Trying to be smart but you didn't read and/or understand...

Think just the opposite. If part of the stock kernel is modified. It no longer is stock. Try it. Make a clean flash to get stock kernel and apply the fix only, and you will see. Several customs kernels are shared in this thread (if you bother to read it through).

What @pbarrette says above, I don't agree with the definition of stock kernel.

And while you, sir, ask a question and reply to it by yourself is an example of not readin and/or understanding.

Last edited:

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
To all XZ1 and XZ1 Compact users:

XperiFIX now supports your devices! You can download the current version (fixed) again, install and run it.
https://www.xperifix.com/download/xperifix-latest/

Please report if it works for you!
Original thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xz...hack-mod-sony-xperia-xz-premium-twrp-t3695171

Cheers!

Hey Mr Wizard, thank you so much for all your hard work.
Finally an easy 'one stop' app that fixes everything.
:good:

Reactions: sToRm//

alximiktik

Aug 26, 2011
Yerevan

XperiFIX now supports your devices! You can download the current version (fixed) again, install and run it.

Original thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xz...hack-mod-sony-xperia-xz-premium-twrp-t3695171

Cheers!
First, the program could not automatically boot into the recovery.
2. Could not install magiks and drmfix. After reboot, the camera shoots green.
I think the reason is, we've disabled usb debugging, since I requested a new frimware.

Отправлено с моего G8441 через Tapatalk

Attachments

• XperiLOG-routine-06-3-2018_00-17-54.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: charliebigpot

sToRm//

Jun 24, 2017
Munich
First, the program could not automatically boot into the recovery.
2. Could not install magiks and drmfix. After reboot, the camera shoots green.
I think the reason is, we've disabled usb debugging, since I requested a new frimware.

Отправлено с моего G8441 через Tapatalk
It's a bug in TWRP. Will be fixed in the next update (2.2) of XperiFIX. :)

Raz0Rfail

Oct 24, 2013
I tried it yesterday with my phone.
XperiFIX freezed 3 times if the phone was up in Android and activated USB-Debugging.
XperiFIX didn't freezed if phone was in fastboot mode.
At first time it pushed only the TWRP Recovery and not the fixes.
In Android it was expected, green pictures and no magisk was installed.

The second time in Fastboot and using XPeriFIX it pushed correctly magisk and DRM-patch.
Now I have magisk, root and correct pictures.

Thx for your hard work. :)

md1982

Jan 26, 2013
Im getting my xz1 compact on monday i always root my phones just wondering after iv rooted etc does everything on the phone work as it should ie same quality pics as stock and all the rest of the phone?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
Hello is there anyone stiil on this thread?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I think sToRm//,'s Xperiafix thread has overtaken this thread for the easy way to root your phone. He has built an app that runs from a PC that does everything and works on all XZ devices, whatever the firmware.

I used this method myself this week, so can confirm that it works.
Do spend some time reading the thread, it's not quite as simple press one button and everything works. Getting the right couple of drivers installed first is paramount.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [oreo]XZ1C-drmfix-root-ricoff:eek:
    Available for any version of the official 8.0 oreo
    First you have twrp https://forum.xda-developers.com/xp...t/recovery-twrp-3-1-1-stock-security-t3706704

Be sure to use the zip I provided,Make sure your rom is clean.If you want wipe data,cache and dalvik, please execute it first.

1,flash drmpatch.zip
    2,flash SuperSU.zip
    3,flash RicOff.zip
    4,reboot

Perfect, please enjoy.:D

download
    https://mega.nz/#F!s8QlGD7S!cSlNJcZArwwdvZGGE5sVdA

drmfix.so/drm****.so thank @sToRm// :good:

The secd of 47.1.A.12.34 is the same as 47.1.A.8.49.
    secd original file(G8441_47.1.A.8.49_CE) https://mega.nz/#!IpYg1Q4Q!ONXXqHoP6JkrFQ9jGUHMMXlzHcPAfog3ISrMgogO8go
    modify
    E803003206000014E8031F3204000014E807003202000014E8031E32
    for

drmpatch.zip
    Install XperiFIX
    In C:\XperiFIX\DATA\XZP\G8142\Oreo2
    Modify the update binary
    ui_print "******************************"
    ui_print "Sony XZ Premium *OREO* DRM restore by //sToRm"
    change
    ui_print "Sony XZ1/XZ1C *OREO* DRM restore by //sToRm"

/ system
    change
    /vendor

And replace secd

SuperSU.zip
    Modify init.supersu.rc.24 and init.supersu.rc.24.bindsbin

on post-fs
    exec u:r:supersu:s0 root root -- /sbin/fbe_bypass.sh
    export LD_PRELOAD drmfix.so:drm****.so

#RIC disable
    mount securityfs securityfs /sys/kernel/security nosuid nodev noexec
    write /sys/kernel/security/sony_ric/enable 0

RicOff.zip
    The status of SELinux changes to permissive

The original machao44 account is lost
    I do not know how to misunderstand me
    drmfix.so/drm****.so is @ sToRm //
    I modified secd

You didn't. I checked your files. The drmfix.zip is an unofficial version for XZ1/XZ1C which I gave to 2 testers via pm. I have forbidden to share the files. The secd is 1:1 patched and the rest of the files is also from my package. Dude... That just pisses me off.

Cheers!
    Oh yeah of course, damn money, they always interferes. But okay I understand than
    For me it's not the money. It's never the money.
    In case some people still don't understand, this patch from @M-Rom is basically stolen work from @sToRm//
    It contains files that were privately shared to testers, which were still in development and not ready for release, that somehow leaked.
    In addition, @M-Rom is not willing to acknowledge any wrongdoing, and is either playing dumb by pretending not to understand inquiries about his source or details of his patch, or truly has the sketchiest English skills ever, which is no excuse for being disrespectful and stealing other people's works.

In summary, DO NOT DOWNLOAD and DO NOT USE this patch!
    This is a shameful act. DO NOT support this type of behavior. Retract any thanks given to @M-Rom.
    I also urge everyone to halt further discussion in this thread and let it die.
    Ask yourself, are you willing to trust your *rooted* phone to an untrustworthy person? Who is not the actual developer of the patch, and likely has no means to help you in case something goes wrong, or further developments down the road (e.g. new firmware update)?