Original battery

Search This thread

Sherbet66

Jun 18, 2005
Glasgow
Hi,

The battery on my Tab S is goosed, anyone know where I can source an original? I don't want to go to the hassle of replacing it with a fake from eBay/Amazon etc.

yRdcMIbiR6

Mar 22, 2009
I just installed the battery Neozen21 mentioned today. Went in without problems. It was 62% charged right out of the box, so I suspect it is fairly fresh.

It took much longer to charge than the old one did, so I have high hopes that the original capacity has been restored.

Capnblinski

Sep 17, 2015
Moto E (2020)
I just installed the battery Neozen21 mentioned today. Went in without problems. It was 62% charged right out of the box, so I suspect it is fairly fresh.

It took much longer to charge than the old one did, so I have high hopes that the original capacity has been restored.

A fresh quality battery in these Galaxy tabs takes twice the time to charge the first time they are run straight out of the box. After that, the charge will settle to normal, especially if you charge/discharge properly as much as is possible.

zero.gravitas

Oct 28, 2014

All credit to Neozen21 if this turns out to be the real deal -- which leads me to the point: How is it working out? I find the best test of a decent twin cell solution (like the battery in the S 10.5) is to turn it off, charge to 100%, disconnect the charger and then see how much charge the battery reports if you power it on (or reconnect the charger) after 1 day. If it reports anything less than 99%, it's going to drain abnormally quickly.

Can anyone drop me a line and let me know how they perform?

yRdcMIbiR6

Mar 22, 2009
Can anyone drop me a line and let me know how they perform?

It seems to be marginally better, although not dramatically so.

I've run AccuBattery Pro on the new battery, and it says that design capacity is 7900 mAh, estimated capacity is 7450 mAh. Unfortunately, I did not run the app on the old battery before replacing it, so I have no comparison.

I'm glad I didn't spend a lot of money on the battery...