• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Original Motherboard

Search This thread

myclarity

Aug 14, 2015
Porto
I need to buy a new motherboard for my LG G3 D855 because I "fried" my old one trying to fix wifi problems.
Does anybody know some place for extra parts, that isn't too expensive or oficially from LG? Thank you.

I need to buy a new motherboard for my LG G3 D855 because I "fried" my old one trying to fix wifi problems.
Does anybody know some place for extra parts, that isn't too expensive or oficially from LG? Thank you.
Honestly, you're better off just buying a new phone. Logic boards are usually $100 and over and it's not guaranteed that the board won't have issues.

You can try looking on eBay though.
http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=D...nm=&mfs=&acimp=&_trksid=&sqp=d855+motherboard

Reactions: myclarity

fluffier

Jan 11, 2011
I bought a secondhand g3 with a broken screen for 35 euros. Switched motherboard and everything was working again. So maybe this is an option.

Where did you buy it?

I did the same, bought a lg g3 with a broken screen, from a local ad site. Switched motherboards and everything was fine until I tried to make a call as it losses the network and does not allow me to make or receive calls. Oddly enough I have 4g data and everything else works.

When I switch network to only 2G or only 3G the phone losses the network and I have no data. If I put "automatically switch between 2G, 3G, 4G" I have 4G data can not make or receive calls.

I installed xposed and imei changer thinking that I had bought a stolen phone, changed the imei number and still no network.

If anybody could help I´d be grateful.

anigwei2

Sep 24, 2014
Canet de Mar
Where did you buy it?

I did the same, bought a lg g3 with a broken screen, from a local ad site. Switched motherboards and everything was fine until I tried to make a call as it losses the network and does not allow me to make or receive calls. Oddly enough I have 4g data and everything else works.

When I switch network to only 2G or only 3G the phone losses the network and I have no data. If I put "automatically switch between 2G, 3G, 4G" I have 4G data can not make or receive calls.

I installed xposed and imei changer thinking that I had bought a stolen phone, changed the imei number and still no network.

Hi Fluffier,

I have same issue as you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/help/brutal-signal-attenuation-d855-t3586931

It must be motherboard. Sorry...

In addition this easter days it added bootloop to the list of failures... :( (It only works connected with a 2A adapter + only LTE and Wifi).

After some deliberation I've just bought a V20 on china.

Andreu,

Reactions: fluffier

adamo000

Nov 20, 2010
Białystok
I bought a secondhand g3 with a broken screen for 35 euros. Switched motherboard and everything was working again. So maybe this is an option.

I had to do almost this same thing. I bought working phone with cracked screen and I replaced my mainboard (with no signal issue) with 'new' one. On stock (directly from kdz) I got message from system that there is a problem with mcc number. Exactly the same as this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57630582&postcount=443.

Apart from this, everything works great and I really recommend that method as a second life to any phone :)

Ermin92

Apr 18, 2017
I had to do almost this same thing. I bought working phone with cracked screen and I replaced my mainboard (with no signal issue) with 'new' one. On stock (directly from kdz) I got message from system that there is a problem with mcc number. Exactly the same as this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57630582&postcount=443.

Apart from this, everything works great and I really recommend that method as a second life to any phone :)

So can i put a working/clean d855 motherboars into my us990 g3? I superbricked mine..the phone im buying is the same 3gb ram 32gb with broken screen. Would i just be able to swap his MB into my casing and be good to go?

adamo000

Nov 20, 2010
Białystok
So can i put a working/clean d855 motherboars into my us990 g3? I superbricked mine..the phone im buying is the same 3gb ram 32gb with broken screen. Would i just be able to swap his MB into my casing and be good to go?

Yes, definitely yes. If you do it, your phone will not be us990 anymore. It will be d855 :)
All you have to remember is you could receive this same warning as I mentioned in previous post, but it shouldn't pop-up in any moded ROM.
For 100% it is not active in Fulmcs 6.9 and any Nougat ROMs.

Ermin92

Apr 18, 2017
Yes, definitely yes. If you do it, your phone will not be us990 anymore. It will be d855 :)
All you have to remember is you could receive this same warning as I mentioned in previous post, but it shouldn't pop-up in any moded ROM.
For 100% it is not active in Fulmcs 6.9 and any Nougat ROMs.

thanks for the quick response.i managed to get my phone in download mode,now my problems is flashing kdz file,i was on fulmics 6.9 then flashed cloudyg3 but setup it up as ls990(sprint) and superbricked my phone. now lg flashtool wont let me flash any of us990 kdz files..any idea as to why thats happenig?

adamo000

Nov 20, 2010
Białystok
thanks for the quick response.i managed to get my phone in download mode,now my problems is flashing kdz file,i was on fulmics 6.9 then flashed cloudyg3 but setup it up as ls990(sprint) and superbricked my phone. now lg flashtool wont let me flash any of us990 kdz files..any idea as to why thats happenig?

If you bought main board for d855 you should flash kdz for d855, not anything different.

Molvol

Jan 8, 2013
Hmm, I bricked mine a few times - it's really easy with this phone and for no reason. I tried different flash programs/DLL versions, then the COM ports switched on me and it was also very dependent on the USB port on the computer - change things around. Eventually it should work. And then if you have it open there's also the Qualcomm recovery where you can go into a download mode and directly load the extracted binaries from the tot file. That worked no problem on mine on first try. I didn't even flash the whole thing - like data and system, just whatever it needed to boot - the small partitions I suspected of being corrupted.

Here's the guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-fix-hard-brick-recovery-guide-t3132359

Last edited:

kmambu

Feb 1, 2020
In 2020, it's worth it !

Hi everyone, quick update on 2020, regarding whether or not it's worth buying a new Lg G3 motherboard :
For the context, I received my phone from a friend of mine, which change phones in the mean time because of its battery issues, but changing the battery solved everything. At some point, last year, my G3 dropped into the sea -_-') but I did not want to part with it and I had to to change most of the components.
I managed to get first a new motherboard, then a new back camera, a new prebuilt LCD + touchscreen frame, a new jack plug (being broken by default), a new camera lens, a new flex cable for the buttons and a new antenna for less than 65$ on AliExpress (mind you, the D855 2GB/32GB motherboard was 28.63$ and the screen was 20.99$)

Honestly, my only complaint is the amount of memory (2GB in a little on the light side) but this phone is awesome ! It's super cheap and easy to repair, and I actually bought spares for a later time. If you have a dead G3 at home, I think it's worth repairing it :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honestly, you're better off just buying a new phone. Logic boards are usually $100 and over and it's not guaranteed that the board won't have issues.

You can try looking on eBay though.
    http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=D...nm=&mfs=&acimp=&_trksid=&sqp=d855+motherboard
    Where did you buy it?

Hi Fluffier,

I have same issue as you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/help/brutal-signal-attenuation-d855-t3586931

It must be motherboard. Sorry...

In addition this easter days it added bootloop to the list of failures... :( (It only works connected with a 2A adapter + only LTE and Wifi).

After some deliberation I've just bought a V20 on china.

Andreu,