[OS] [11.0.X] [STABLE] Pixel Experience 11+ [CHEESEBURGER] [ONEPLUS 5] [UNOFFICIAL] [2021-04-09]

Search This thread

xLexip

• Sep 13, 2020
    Germany
    lexip.dev
    OnePlus 5
    OnePlus 5T
    I didn't reply for a few days because after I rebooted the problem disappeared until today.

4.4.258 - Lexips Kernel+ #3 Sun Apr 11 20:12:10 CEST 2021

And again - plugged in, can't charge right now.
    Reboot fixed it again, but I don't know how long will it take for it to appear again.
    That's actually impossible with that kernel as it worked for several month all users without any reports. Anyway, flash this (custom-old).

Solid Mercury

• Aug 1, 2012
    Bengalooru
    Installed it and its running fine. But I see that the wifi connection's signal is poor compared to stock one. I didn't see that issue till yesterday with stock rom. I have been noticing the poor signal strength with 5 Ghz band since I installed this rom. Has any of you noticed this?

xLexip

• Sep 13, 2020
    Germany
    lexip.dev
    OnePlus 5
    OnePlus 5T
    Installed it and its running fine. But I see that the wifi connection's signal is poor compared to stock one. I didn't see that issue till yesterday with stock rom. I have been noticing the poor signal strength with 5 Ghz band since I installed this rom. Has any of you noticed this?
    That's actually because OnePlus is lying at their users. The signal strength shown in OOS is always a bit higher than it really is. The speed should be the same.

Solid Mercury

• Aug 1, 2012
    Bengalooru
    That's actually because OnePlus is lying at their users. The signal strength shown in OOS is always a bit higher than it really is. The speed should be the same.
    Tested the speed also multiple times and I used to test before too multiple times everyday . Definitely speed is significantly less. Almost 30% less is what I am noticing on average. Sometimes it completely goes down and connects back.

jokin1990

Oct 9, 2014
    H
    View attachment 5248803
    DESCARGO DE RESPONSABILIDAD: No soy responsable si destruye su dispositivo. ¡Úselo bajo su propio riesgo!

𝗣𝗶𝘅𝗲𝗹 𝗘𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲
    ... es una ROM basada en AOSP, con aplicaciones de Google incluidas y todas las ventajas de Pixel. Nuestra misión es ofrecer el máximo rendimiento, estabilidad y seguridad posibles, junto con características esenciales y útiles para el correcto funcionamiento de su dispositivo.

Descargar
    Paquetes ROM @ SourceForge
    Registro de cambios

Problemas conocidos
    GitHub

Guías e instrucciones
    Puede encontrar la guía de instalación / actualización y muchas más guías y enlaces útiles en la página de ayuda . Asegúrese de leerlo antes de hacer preguntas. :]

Soporte y discusión
    Canal de Telegram

Grupo de Telegram

ESTADO DE CONSTRUCCIÓN: ESTABLE

VERSIÓN DEL SO ROM: Android 11.0.X
    SECURITY PATCH LEVEL: April 2021
    ROM KERNEL: Linux 4.x

BUILD AUTHOR / MAINTAINER: @xLexip
    SOURCE CODE: xLexip/pe
    BASED ON: PixelExperience by jhenrique09 & Team

DONATE A DONUT
    MY PAYPAL

JHENRIQUE09's PAYPAL

CREATED 2020-12-06

LAST UPDATED 2021-04-09
    How to install ?

street_samurai

Mar 31, 2016
    Vancouver
    I'm a week into my install of Pixel Experience 11 and figured I'd write a short review.

TL;DR: why the hell didn't I install this sooner?! It actually does seem like a brand new Pixel phone!

My previous install was the latest OOS release for OP5 (with the October 2020 security patch).

Overall the PE ROM is excellent: its stable, it has a ton of features that I've never used before and it runs very smoothly.

A few things I did to get things running smoothly (as recommended by xLexip):
    Things I love:
    • Android 11 Stock + Pixel Enhancement! (Even the OP6 isn't getting 11 until at least August from OP)
    • April security patch!
    • AOD is super useful
    • GCam is way better than the stock OOS camera
    • Live Display is way better than OP's solution
    • There are a ton of small bugs with OOS that are fixed by this ROM (including a number of SmartUnlock bugs)
    • Haven't explored a bunch of the other Pixel features but looking forward to doing so
    Things that work great:
    • Installation (process was shockingly easy)
    • Battery life (very close to OOS even with AOD on)
    • Overall speed (I can't tell the difference and I stuck with EXT4 not F2FS for security)
    • Stability (No bugs, crashes or weird issues in the last week)
    • Bluetooth (watch, headphones and car all connect perfectly)
    • Android Auto (works great with my car)
    Things that don't work (known):
    • Face Unlock (personally I don't care as I have a Watch which automatically unlocks the phone anyway) (see below)
    Things I wish I knew before flashing:
    • Overall the install instructions are super clear and easy to follow but if use your phone as a Google 2FA remember to setup an alternative 2FA before flashing the ROM. I needed to dig up backup codes to login to the new phone.
    Huge thanks to xLexip and everyone else who has worked on this ROM! I absolutely love it!

I do have one question: is Google Call Screening intended to work? I'm in Canada so the manual version is suppose to work and the UI is shown but when I get a call and select the Screen option, the person on the other end doesn't hear anything. This is one of the Pixel features that I've always wanted to use since I get a ton of spam calls.

Thanks again for this awesome ROM!

Last edited:
    Reactions: xLexip

xLexip

• Sep 13, 2020
    Germany
    lexip.dev
    OnePlus 5
    OnePlus 5T
    I'm a week into my install of Pixel Experience 11 and figured I'd write a short review.

TL;DR: why the hell didn't I install this sooner?! It actually does seem like a brand new Pixel phone!

My previous install was the latest OOS release for OP5 (with the October 2020 security patch).

Overall the PE ROM is excellent: its stable, it has a ton of features that I've never used before and it runs very smoothly.

A few things I did to get things running smoothly (as recommended by xLexip):
    Things I love:
    • Android 11 Stock + Pixel Enhancement! (Even the OP6 isn't getting 11 until at least August from OP)
    • April security patch!
    • AOD is super useful
    • GCam is way better than the stock OOS camera
    • Live Display is way better than OP's solution
    • There are a ton of small bugs with OOS that are fixed by this ROM (including a number of SmartUnlock bugs)
    • Haven't explored a bunch of the other Pixel features but looking forward to doing so
    Things that work great:
    • Installation (process was shockingly easy)
    • Battery life (very close to OOS even with AOD on)
    • Overall speed (I can't tell the difference and I stuck with EXT4 not F2FS for security)
    • Stability (No bugs, crashes or weird issues in the last week)
    • Bluetooth (watch, headphones and car all connect perfectly)
    • Android Auto (works great with my car)
    Things that don't work (known):
    • Face Unlock (personally I don't care as I have a Watch which automatically unlocks the phone anyway)
    Things I wish I knew before flashing:
    • Overall the install instructions are super clear and easy to follow but if use your phone as a Google 2FA remember to setup an alternative 2FA before flashing the ROM. I needed to dig up backup codes to login to the new phone.
    Huge thanks to xLexip and everyone else who has worked on this ROM! I absolutely love it!

I do have one question: is Google Call Screening intended to work? I'm in Canada so the manual version is suppose to work and the UI is shown but when I get a call and select the Screen option, the person on the other end doesn't hear anything. This is one of the Pixel features that I've always wanted to use since I get a ton of spam calls.

Thanks again for this awesome ROM!
    Heyo, thanks for your detailed review, nice to hear!

I've some additions:

1. Face unlock actually works fine since the march update

2. Regarding Call Screening: It is not an official feature. It depends on a ton of stuff. Like your phone is pretending to be a Pixel 5 and that doesn't always work well with some google apps, especially with restricted features (local restrictions, a/b testing, ...). So either it works, or it doesn't. If call screening does not work for you, it's probably a problem with the phone app and it's pretty hard to bypass or fix those specific issues.

Enjoy the ROM! 🤘

street_samurai

Mar 31, 2016
    Vancouver
    1. Face unlock actually works fine since the march update

Hmm, for me it is greyed out on the Security menu in Settings and says Not Available. Again I don't really care just pointing it out. Maybe this is something to do with Device Policy? I do have one Google Account that is somewhat locked down.

2. Regarding Call Screening: It is not an official feature. It depends on a ton of stuff. Like your phone is pretending to be a Pixel 5 and that doesn't always work well with some google apps, especially with restricted features (local restrictions, a/b testing, ...). So either it works, or it doesn't. If call screening does not work for you, it's probably a problem with the phone app and it's pretty hard to bypass or fix those specific issues.
    Great to know. Not a big deal for me either. I've been getting a lot less spam calls recently anyway.

Thanks again!

xLexip

• Sep 13, 2020
    Germany
    lexip.dev
    OnePlus 5
    OnePlus 5T
    Hmm, for me it is greyed out on the Security menu in Settings and says Not Available. Again I don't really care just pointing it out.

Great to know. Not a big deal for me either. I've been getting a lot less spam calls recently anyway.

Thanks again!
    Yeah, it filters some calls out anyway. I don't know what happend to your face unlock. It definitely works for me and others. 🤔

street_samurai

Mar 31, 2016
    Vancouver
    Yeah, it filters some calls out anyway. I don't know what happend to your face unlock. It definitely works for me and others. 🤔

Maybe its to do with Device Policy. I have one account that is fairly locked down. When I review the policies it doesn't say anything specifically about Face Unlock but I could see that being a restriction. Not worried about it anyway. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone