[OS] [11.0.X] [STABLE] Pixel Experience 11+ [DUMPLING] [ONEPLUS 5T] [UNOFFICIAL] [2021-04-09]

Search This thread

xLexip

• Sep 13, 2020
    Germany
    lexip.dev
    OnePlus 5
    OnePlus 5T
    Hi... Been using this rom for a couple of weeks now (no root or mods) just about everything is working as it should..
    One problem and one minor annoyance
    The problem is with the finger print scanner and my Barclays Bank app (see picture)
    The minor annoyance is no swipe up for back, the side swipe is a terrible idea and why Google adopted it beats me, always archiving emails etc
    Wish you could choose between up Vs side swipe..
    Anyway keep up the good work
    Int
    Edit.. Barclays Bank app worked fine in OOS and PA
    Heyo, there are apps to get the old gestures like Vivid Gestures by Manuel Wrage, but you can also set the edge touch area size in the gesture settings, so you can set it to only listen for the gesture at the bottom half of the screen. Nevertheless, google is working on an AI to predict whether you wanna navigate back or reveal the side menu.
    Regarding your banking app, does it work on any other A11 rom? If not, it's probably an app problem, as fingerprint authentication works for other apps and there were some changes with android 11 regarding those features. The apps should use the build in authentication mechanism and not some selfemade alternative.

Last edited:

TheIntruder

Jun 8, 2010
    Bradford
    Heyo, there are apps to get the old gestures like Vivid Gestures by Manuel Wrage, but you can also set the edge touch area size in the gesture settings, so you can set it to only listen for the gesture at the bottom half of the screen. Nevertheless, google is working on an AI to predict whether you wanna navigate back or reveal the side menu.
    Regarding your banking app, does it work on any other A11 rom?
    Oh thank you for the information re gestures I'll go have a read.. I don't know tbh this is the only A11 rom I have tried, but did a bit of googling on it and seemed to be affecting some ROMs for some time.. even saw I report saying it had happened in OOS but I don't believe that as there was only one example..
    The app reckons it's A11 ready which is likely since it's a huge bank and they don't support GPay

xLexip

• Sep 13, 2020
    Germany
    lexip.dev
    OnePlus 5
    OnePlus 5T
    Hello, I installed this ROM on my 5T today, and it all went smoothly until I restarted once (I had already setup my accounts, apps, etc.) and now the OS is stuck at the "Phone is starting" screen. I would have tried to flash it again, except TWRP no longer recognizes the unlock PIN (it works fine on the system before the "Phone is starting" screen).

Do I have any options?

Edit 1: Tried factory reset from TWRP, now it's stuck on the Google Animation bootloop during setup
    Sounds like you didn't disable your screen lock before flashing... Can you open the Settings in the "Phone is starting" state?

Reactions: randumbore

xLexip

• Sep 13, 2020
    Germany
    lexip.dev
    OnePlus 5
    OnePlus 5T
    Oh thank you for the information re gestures I'll go have a read.. I don't know tbh this is the only A11 rom I have tried, but did a bit of googling on it and seemed to be affecting some ROMs for some time.. even saw I report saying it had happened in OOS but I don't believe that as there was only one example..
    The app reckons it's A11 ready which is likely since it's a huge bank and they don't support GPay
    I've extended my first answer, why it could be an app problem (don't know if you've read the edited version). I don't think the app uses the "new" authentication method (see attachment)?

Attachments

• de4ebec8e6714a8f.png
      de4ebec8e6714a8f.png
      103.3 KB · Views: 53
    Reactions: TheIntruder

TheIntruder

Jun 8, 2010
    Bradford
    I've extended my first answer, why it could be an app problem (don't know if you've read the edited version). I don't think the app uses the "new" authentication method (see attachment)?
    Thanks again for the reply and information, I'll go do some digging and see if I can find any A11 specific problems with pixel devices and said app.. πŸ‘

randumbore

May 19, 2014
    Google Nexus 5
    OnePlus One
    Sounds like you didn't disable your screen lock before flashing... Can you open the Settings in the "Phone is starting" state?
    Yeah, now I know why every ROM recommends disabling security.... I've usually flashed OOS so did it before and never faced any issues. Unfortunately, it didn't look like there was a way to decrypt the Data partition so ended up having to format it. ROM works great now, thanks!

xLexip

• Sep 13, 2020
    Germany
    lexip.dev
    OnePlus 5
    OnePlus 5T
    Yeah, now I know why every ROM recommends disabling security.... I've usually flashed OOS so did it before and never faced any issues. Unfortunately, it didn't look like there was a way to decrypt the Data partition so ended up having to format it. ROM works great now, thanks!
    Yeah, many people run into this... That's why it's in bold and with a "!" In the installation guide.

dmdabla

Jul 21, 2019
    Has an issue, i was trying to install the zip file directly from internal storage as i install One Plus open beta ROM, using system recovery have not install TWRP or anything, but i am not able to install the file, can anyone help me out

dmdabla

Jul 21, 2019
    I don't understand you. How do you try to flash what? Consider using Google translate.
    sir, I am saying I did not have to install TWRP or anything else I installed Open Beta ROM for one plus 5T I did it easily by directly going to recovery mode in the phone itself and selected the Open Beta ROM from internal storage but when I tried to install this ROM it starts decrypting and then again back to the final screen where it confirms the PIN and I did it again and same thing happens, do I have to install TWRP for installing any other Custom ROM which is not Developed by One Plus?

TheIntruder

Jun 8, 2010
    Bradford
    I don't understand you. How do you try to flash what? Consider using Google translate.
    Sounds like he is maybe trying to flash it with stock recovery? About all I can make out....
    sir, I am saying I did not have to install TWRP or anything else I installed Open Beta ROM for one plus 5T I did it easily by directly going to recovery mode in the phone itself and selected the Open Beta ROM from internal storage but when I tried to install this ROM it starts decrypting and then again back to the final screen where it confirms the PIN and I did it again and same thing happens, do I have to install TWRP for installing any other Custom ROM which is not Developed by One Plus?
    As I thought..... Yes you need to flash twrp and no you can't do it with stock recovery, you need to do it via bootloader and need a pc/laptop

xLexip

• Sep 13, 2020
    Germany
    lexip.dev
    OnePlus 5
    OnePlus 5T
    Yeah, as theintruder said, you need the TWRP Recovery to install any custom ROM. To install Pixel Experience, simply follow this guide: telegra.ph/How-to-install-Pixel-Experience-11-25

dmdabla

Jul 21, 2019
    Thank you
    sir, I accidentally erase my internal storage and now I am on MAC, I installed ADB and flashed the recovery,
    and now I am trying to install ROM through ADB sideload when I run the command "adb devices" it shows first the serial number and recovery.
    and when I go into adb sideload in TWRP then run the command "adb devices" it now shows the serial number and sideload instead of recovery, which means it is working fine. But when I copy and paste the ROM file name it shows no such file or directory error.
    please help, there is no OS on my phone right now

dmdabla

Jul 21, 2019
    sir, I accidentally erase my internal storage and now I am on MAC, I installed ADB and flashed the recovery,
    and now I am trying to install ROM through ADB sideload when I run the command "adb devices" it shows first the serial number and recovery.
    and when I go into adb sideload in TWRP then run the command "adb devices" it now shows the serial number and sideload instead of recovery, which means it is working fine. But when I copy and paste the ROM file name it shows no such file or directory error.
    please help, there is no OS on my phone right now
    Finally, Figure it out, I was doing a silly mistake, again and again, I was supposed to write down the file whole path starting from user/.... etc, but I was only doing just copy-paste the file name
    sry for the inconvenience...

Reactions: TheIntruder

annosii

Oct 19, 2014
    No, not with so little information. How fast is it draining, what is draining, are you using a custom kernel, which root apps/modules, ...
    Im using magisk for root and i didn't change the kernel i think its original kernel
    I also tried to used greenify but it doesn't work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210423-105550_Pixel_Launcher.png
      Screenshot_20210423-105550_Pixel_Launcher.png
      112.3 KB · Views: 42
    • Screenshot_20210423-105459_Pixel_Launcher.png
      Screenshot_20210423-105459_Pixel_Launcher.png
      141.6 KB · Views: 42

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Optional Hotfix for 0409

Fixes charging and WPA3 issues.
      t.me/LexipC/72
      Latest android 10 stock rom on oneplus website. The file is not corrupted. Earlier, I was on LOS 18.1 and I flashed the stock rom to go back to OOS. I am facing problem only with this ROM.
      Well, flash lineage and oos after it then. xD
      Yeah, many people run into this... That's why it's in bold and with a "!" In the installation guide.
      Hi, rom is rly cool and fluid but I have got very bad issue, at randomly moments screen get black and freeze and led diod starts to shine with cyan color. I had the same issue with Pixel Extended rom. Any ideas? Maybe wrong kernel or something, I did clean install going after instructions. Its problably best rom on 5t but it makes it useless :( Pls help
      Heyo, first of all, it's Pixel Experience, not Extended. ;]
      That's a known issue with the built-in lazy kernel. To fix it, either flash the hotfix above or Flasher he latest experimental build (custom-old) from t.me/lazykernel.
      Hello, I installed this ROM on my 5T today, and it all went smoothly until I restarted once (I had already setup my accounts, apps, etc.) and now the OS is stuck at the "Phone is starting" screen. I would have tried to flash it again, except TWRP no longer recognizes the unlock PIN (it works fine on the system before the "Phone is starting" screen).

Do I have any options?

Edit 1: Tried factory reset from TWRP, now it's stuck on the Google Animation bootloop during setup
      PE11-Series.png

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!

π—£π—Άπ˜…π—²π—Ή π—˜π˜…π—½π—²π—Ώπ—Άπ—²π—»π—°π—²
      ...is an AOSP based ROM, with Google Apps included and all the Pixel Goodies. Our mission is to offer the maximum possible performance, stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of your device.

Download
      ROM Packages @ SourceForge
      Changelog

Known Issues
      GitHub

Guides & Instructions
      You can find the installation/update guide and many more useful guides and links on the Help Page. Please make sure to read it before asking questions. :]

Support & Discussion
      Telegram Channel

Telegram Group

BUILD STATUS: STABLE

ROM OS VERSION: Android 11.0.X
      SECURITY PATCH LEVEL: April 2021
      ROM KERNEL: Linux 4.x

BUILD AUTHOR / MAINTAINER: @xLexip
      SOURCE CODE: xLexip/pe
      BASED ON: PixelExperience by jhenrique09 & Team

DONATE A DONUT
      MY PAYPAL

JHENRIQUE09's PAYPAL

CREATED 2020-12-06

LAST UPDATED 2021-04-09
      Fresh new update is out! πŸ‘†πŸŽ‰

πŸŽ‰ A NEW UPDATE IS OUT [2021-03-13]

How to Update?

How to Install?

Changelog

πŸŽ‰ A NEW UPDATE IS OUT [2021-04-09]​

How to Update? How to Install?

Changelog

If you face any problems with the ROM, make sure that it is no known issue and please read the Help Page before asking.

Join the Telegram Group to get faster and better support.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone