[DISCONTINUED] [STABLE] [11.0] Pixel Experience 11 - OnePlus 5 & 5T [DUMPLING & CHEESEBURGER] [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

TheIntruder

Jun 8, 2010
West Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Heyo, there are apps to get the old gestures like Vivid Gestures by Manuel Wrage, but you can also set the edge touch area size in the gesture settings, so you can set it to only listen for the gesture at the bottom half of the screen. Nevertheless, google is working on an AI to predict whether you wanna navigate back or reveal the side menu.
Regarding your banking app, does it work on any other A11 rom?
Oh thank you for the information re gestures I'll go have a read.. I don't know tbh this is the only A11 rom I have tried, but did a bit of googling on it and seemed to be affecting some ROMs for some time.. even saw I report saying it had happened in OOS but I don't believe that as there was only one example..
The app reckons it's A11 ready which is likely since it's a huge bank and they don't support GPay

xLexip

Hello, I installed this ROM on my 5T today, and it all went smoothly until I restarted once (I had already setup my accounts, apps, etc.) and now the OS is stuck at the "Phone is starting" screen. I would have tried to flash it again, except TWRP no longer recognizes the unlock PIN (it works fine on the system before the "Phone is starting" screen).

Do I have any options?

Edit 1: Tried factory reset from TWRP, now it's stuck on the Google Animation bootloop during setup
Sounds like you didn't disable your screen lock before flashing... Can you open the Settings in the "Phone is starting" state?

Reactions: randumbore

xLexip

Oh thank you for the information re gestures I'll go have a read.. I don't know tbh this is the only A11 rom I have tried, but did a bit of googling on it and seemed to be affecting some ROMs for some time.. even saw I report saying it had happened in OOS but I don't believe that as there was only one example..
The app reckons it's A11 ready which is likely since it's a huge bank and they don't support GPay
I've extended my first answer, why it could be an app problem (don't know if you've read the edited version). I don't think the app uses the "new" authentication method (see attachment)?

Attachments

• de4ebec8e6714a8f.png
    de4ebec8e6714a8f.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: TheIntruder

randumbore

May 19, 2014
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus One
Sounds like you didn't disable your screen lock before flashing... Can you open the Settings in the "Phone is starting" state?
Yeah, now I know why every ROM recommends disabling security.... I've usually flashed OOS so did it before and never faced any issues. Unfortunately, it didn't look like there was a way to decrypt the Data partition so ended up having to format it. ROM works great now, thanks!

istir

Aug 28, 2018
It fixes the issue for me and others. Please go to About phone > Android version and long press the kernel version to copy it. Then paste it here.
I didn't reply for a few days because after I rebooted the problem disappeared until today.

4.4.258 - Lexips Kernel+ #3 Sun Apr 11 20:12:10 CEST 2021

And again - plugged in, can't charge right now.
Reboot fixed it again, but I don't know how long will it take for it to appear again.

Attachments

• 175723314_1142041559555091_896033590971192567_n.png
    175723314_1142041559555091_896033590971192567_n.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 6

xLexip

I didn't reply for a few days because after I rebooted the problem disappeared until today.

4.4.258 - Lexips Kernel+ #3 Sun Apr 11 20:12:10 CEST 2021

And again - plugged in, can't charge right now.
Reboot fixed it again, but I don't know how long will it take for it to appear again.
That's actually impossible with that kernel as it worked for several month all users without any reports. Anyway, flash this (custom-old).

xLexip

Yeah, now I know why every ROM recommends disabling security.... I've usually flashed OOS so did it before and never faced any issues. Unfortunately, it didn't look like there was a way to decrypt the Data partition so ended up having to format it. ROM works great now, thanks!
Yeah, many people run into this... That's why it's in bold and with a "!" In the installation guide.

dmdabla

Jul 21, 2019
Has an issue, i was trying to install the zip file directly from internal storage as i install One Plus open beta ROM, using system recovery have not install TWRP or anything, but i am not able to install the file, can anyone help me out

dmdabla

Jul 21, 2019
I don't understand you. How do you try to flash what? Consider using Google translate.
sir, I am saying I did not have to install TWRP or anything else I installed Open Beta ROM for one plus 5T I did it easily by directly going to recovery mode in the phone itself and selected the Open Beta ROM from internal storage but when I tried to install this ROM it starts decrypting and then again back to the final screen where it confirms the PIN and I did it again and same thing happens, do I have to install TWRP for installing any other Custom ROM which is not Developed by One Plus?

TheIntruder

Jun 8, 2010
West Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I don't understand you. How do you try to flash what? Consider using Google translate.
Sounds like he is maybe trying to flash it with stock recovery? About all I can make out....
sir, I am saying I did not have to install TWRP or anything else I installed Open Beta ROM for one plus 5T I did it easily by directly going to recovery mode in the phone itself and selected the Open Beta ROM from internal storage but when I tried to install this ROM it starts decrypting and then again back to the final screen where it confirms the PIN and I did it again and same thing happens, do I have to install TWRP for installing any other Custom ROM which is not Developed by One Plus?
As I thought..... Yes you need to flash twrp and no you can't do it with stock recovery, you need to do it via bootloader and need a pc/laptop

Top Liked Posts