General OS 12 is now Ready for Aquos R6

Search This thread

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
You can update using the step on my another thread.
20220329_174019.jpg

Speedknight

Nov 16, 2018
Yeah I updated it yesterday too.
So far overall phone performance is even better than android 11. More importantly the shutter lag is gone.

smithsmit

Mar 7, 2011
I have upgraded my Docomo Sharp Aquos R6 to Andriod 12, and find that the battery drain very fast even the phone is not in use. Anyone has similar experience? It is similar to the very first version of firmware when R6 just released

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
I have upgraded my Docomo Sharp Aquos R6 to Andriod 12, and find that the battery drain very fast even the phone is not in use. Anyone has similar experience? It is similar to the very first version of firmware when R6 just released
Just want to remind you that after update, any android phone will heat up and drain battery for minutes/hour, because it reindex the file on the phone, this might even more noticeable if you have plenty of data like me.

Also, since you just clear the google play services and framework data so that you can update, that services will also do plenty of task, re-sync up your photos, etc

in my case, i just plug the phone and leave it connected to wifi for a night, and everything will be fine in the morning. All background task done.

smithsmit

Mar 7, 2011
Just want to remind you that after update, any android phone will heat up and drain battery for minutes/hour, because it reindex the file on the phone, this might even more noticeable if you have plenty of data like me.

Also, since you just clear the google play services and framework data so that you can update, that services will also do plenty of task, re-sync up your photos, etc

in my case, i just plug the phone and leave it connected to wifi for a night, and everything will be fine in the morning. All background task done.
Thx for your reply, but I'd been updated and used it for a few days. The battery drain issue is still here. My R6 is the very first batch which has similar issue with the first few firmware versions. The sitiation was fixed after updating the Carrier Services a few times. For this latest firmware, the problem is not fixed yet.

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Thx for your reply, but I'd been updated and used it for a few days. The battery drain issue is still here. My R6 is the very first batch which has similar issue with the first few firmware versions. The sitiation was fixed after updating the Carrier Services a few times. For this latest firmware, the problem is not fixed yet.
I see. Have you tried updating the carrier services again ? I got it like, almost every two days, dunno what google is thinking 😂. Have you also check what is actually draining your battery ?

when on android 11, it's actually the stock messaging app that drain my battery, somehow it bugged and keep the phone wake up all the time. I disable it, and use google messages app, and everything is good.

You can use brevent app if you want as well. It can disable any system app or automatically suspend one which already idle more than certain minutes. (Mine set to 30 minutes) All without need of root, just using wireless debugging directly on the phone. I use it to debloat my phone.

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Bellow is the list of app which i disabled btw. Mostly is japanese app which you don't need if you live outside japan.

Screenshot_20220413-182849.png
Screenshot_20220413-182900.png
Screenshot_20220413-182910.png

smithsmit

Mar 7, 2011
I see. Have you tried updating the carrier services again ? I got it like, almost every two days, dunno what google is thinking 😂. Have you also check what is actually draining your battery ?

when on android 11, it's actually the stock messaging app that drain my battery, somehow it bugged and keep the phone wake up all the time. I disable it, and use google messages app, and everything is good.

You can use brevent app if you want as well. It can disable any system app or automatically suspend one which already idle more than certain minutes. (Mine set to 30 minutes) All without need of root, just using wireless debugging directly on the phone. I use it to debloat my phone.
Yes, I hv got all the apps including Carrier Services updated. I checked the battery usage and found that Phone idle and Android System used unreasonable high battery. The R6 becomes warm easily, well, I mean easier than before even I just used it for FB App.

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Vivo X70 Pro+
Guys, I'm interested in R7, but it's a long time since I've had a Sharp phone in my hand. Therefore, I would appreciate if you'd share some knowledge about existing R6 with me.

1. What is this fuzz about the update? Isn't it a given to every R6 to receive OTA?
2. Does the phone come with Google? Full packet or minimum framework (GPay, Android Auto Assistant)?
3. Does it have AOS?
4. Can the launcher be replaced (with Nova, for example)?
5. Any problems with bank apps?
6. ADB remove system apps - anybody tried?

Thanks a lot for every answer.

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Guys, I'm interested in R7, but it's a long time since I've had a Sharp phone in my hand. Therefore, I would appreciate if you'd share some knowledge about existing R6 with me.

1. What is this fuzz about the update? Isn't it a given to every R6 to receive OTA?
2. Does the phone come with Google? Full packet or minimum framework (GPay, Android Auto Assistant)?
3. Does it have AOS?
4. Can the launcher be replaced (with Nova, for example)?
5. Any problems with bank apps?
6. ADB remove system apps - anybody tried?

Thanks a lot for every answer.

1. R6 is a Japan phone, in which, you can only get OTA by doing some procedures. So you wont be able to be notified for the OTA just like when you use other phone. Not all users know ehere to check for the info about latest update. The info is available only in japanese language. Thus, this is not a fuzz, but rather an informations for fellow users. Especially when we found the update been helpful in fixing some of bugs/annoyance in phone usability.
2. It come with full Google package
3. It's not AOSP. But it still pretty much Vanilla Android, with some extra/japanese region based features added by sharp.
4. Am running NOVA on my R6, straight swap, since the OS setting itself is Vanilla, it's very easy
5. Am using 5 Bank apps and total 10 of financial related apps, all works as intended, verification and elses.
6. No, i didn't tried ADB remove, since i don't find it appealing. I can simply disable unwanted app using Brevent app. And by not removing anything from the OS, i can ensure i always able to get an OTA as well. And because this phone has SD card slot, i do not worry about storage space. Most of my media (Video, Music, Docs) stored in SD Card. 128GB of internal space only used for apps.

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Vivo X70 Pro+
1. R6 is a Japan phone, in which, you can only get OTA by doing some procedures. So you wont be able to be notified for the OTA just like when you use other phone. Not all users know ehere to check for the info about latest update. The info is available only in japanese language. Thus, this is not a fuzz, but rather an informations for fellow users. Especially when we found the update been helpful in fixing some of bugs/annoyance in phone usability.
2. It come with full Google package
3. It's not AOSP. But it still pretty much Vanilla Android, with some extra/japanese region based features added by sharp.
4. Am running NOVA on my R6, straight swap, since the OS setting itself is Vanilla, it's very easy
5. Am using 5 Bank apps and total 10 of financial related apps, all works as intended, verification and elses.
6. No, i didn't tried ADB remove, since i don't find it appealing. I can simply disable unwanted app using Brevent app. And by not removing anything from the OS, i can ensure i always able to get an OTA as well. And because this phone has SD card slot, i do not worry about storage space. Most of my media (Video, Music, Docs) stored in SD Card. 128GB of internal space only used for apps.
Thank you for your really fast and thorough answer. Sorry, I didn't mean to insult with the fuzz, just didn't know the circumstances, I used a lot of kinda exotic phones and always got OTA. But I understand and appreciate every help from the community side. It's always welcome.

I think I got answers to my questions and all are satisfactory. Though under 3 I made a typo, the question was about always on display. And with ADB you don't really remove anything and therefore don't influence OTA, just disable the unwanted bloatware for the primary user.

Thanks again. I suppose that you're satisfied with the phone? And updates are pretty decent too since you've got A12 already?

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Thank you for your really fast and thorough answer. Sorry, I didn't mean to insult with the fuzz, just didn't know the circumstances, I used a lot of kinda exotic phones and always got OTA. But I understand and appreciate every help from the community side. It's always welcome.

I think I got answers to my questions and all are satisfactory. Though under 3 I made a typo, the question was about always on display. And with ADB you don't really remove anything and therefore don't influence OTA, just disable the unwanted bloatware for the primary user.

Thanks again. I suppose that you're satisfied with the phone? And updates are pretty decent too since you've got A12 already?
AOD is not recommended on this phone,

as great as sharp's IGZO OLED screen is, it still lack something compared to samsung's. If you turn on AOD, the screen will have a retention image rather quickly. And, thinking about long term use, i decide to turn it off.

the screen itself is great tho, in term of color rendition, contrast and resolution. The refresh rate is great as well. Sure 240hz is achieved in pseudo way, but in most cases it feel as fluid as it can be. If you find certain app with funny scrolling feeling, i suggest you turn off high speed display mode for those app, so it will stay on 120Hz mode.

Am satisfied with the phone, yes. Especially for the price, and what i got with that price. At the time of buying, any other SD888 phone with similar specs will cost me 1.5-2x than what i spent for this phone. So that affect my expectation for this phone as well (i don't expect the olympic, lol)

Updates is pretty decent, i think, averaging to 1 update every two months, sometimes 1 update each month. More than what i expect from a company who barely have any models sold in my country 😂

Reactions: piskr

Speedknight

Nov 16, 2018
Yes my has like image retention already but oddly it only shows up in certain shades of grey, I don't think is fullly burn on though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AOD is not recommended on this phone,

as great as sharp's IGZO OLED screen is, it still lack something compared to samsung's. If you turn on AOD, the screen will have a retention image rather quickly. And, thinking about long term use, i decide to turn it off.

the screen itself is great tho, in term of color rendition, contrast and resolution. The refresh rate is great as well. Sure 240hz is achieved in pseudo way, but in most cases it feel as fluid as it can be. If you find certain app with funny scrolling feeling, i suggest you turn off high speed display mode for those app, so it will stay on 120Hz mode.

Am satisfied with the phone, yes. Especially for the price, and what i got with that price. At the time of buying, any other SD888 phone with similar specs will cost me 1.5-2x than what i spent for this phone. So that affect my expectation for this phone as well (i don't expect the olympic, lol)

Updates is pretty decent, i think, averaging to 1 update every two months, sometimes 1 update each month. More than what i expect from a company who barely have any models sold in my country 😂