SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
NO LONGER MAINTAINED!!!

Ubuntu4Kitchen
An Ubuntu 18.04 distro with all the things you need to get the kitchen working easily.

This was created using the official Ubuntu 18.04.0 iso. It is basically an updated and repacked version of the original iso image.

Here are the changes from standard Ubuntu:
  • All dependencies are met for easy kitchen install
  • SuperRs-Kitchen installer/launcher is a pre-installed app
  • Panel shortcuts are Nautilus, Chrome/Chromium, Synaptic Package Manager, SuperR's Kitchen, and Show Desktop
  • Nautilus File Manager asks what to do when you double-click an executable text file (bash script) by default
  • Nautilus uses list view by default
  • Chromium and Synaptic package manager are installed
  • Firefox, Thunderbird, and LibreOffice have been removed
It should work in VM, usb live boot, or dvd. Launch SuperRs-Kitchen ("S" icon) from the panel or the app drawer to get started :)

NOTE: The Installer will not work in Live boot.

Download:
Ubuntu4Kitchen-18.04.4-amd64.iso

Last edited:

Evil-Maiden666

Sep 19, 2016
Dead torrent

Ubuntu4Kitchen
An Ubuntu 16.04 distro with all the things you need to get the kitchen working easily.

This was created using the official Ubuntu 16.04.1 iso. It is basically an updated and repacked version of the original iso image.

• SuperRs-Kitchen installer/launcher script is on the desktop
  • Unity panel shortcuts are Nautilus, Chrome, Synaptic Package Manager, and Show Desktop
  • Nautilus File Manager asks what to do when you double-click an executable text file (bash script) by default
  • App menus are in the app window by default
  • The system notification popups are click-to-close and higher on the screen
  • Chrome and Synaptic package manager are installed
It should work in VM, usb live boot, or dvd. Just double-click SuperRs-Kitchen on the desktop and choose "Run in Terminal" to get started :)

Download:
Ubuntu4Kitchen-16.04.2-amd64.iso
Ubuntu4Kitchen-16.04.2-amd64.iso.torrent

Dead torrent

Aug 25, 2017

Attachments

• IMG_20170829_111042.jpg
    IMG_20170829_111042.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 1,510

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
@OP/dev
was able to use this tool using a usb drive. now i'm trying to make it work under vm (virtualbox) and it seems i'm stuck at installing binaries. it just sits there for hours. when it did work through usb it only took a couple of minutes to install the binaries. any workarounds i can try, bro?

edit: NVM..just took awhile. thanks for your work

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperR.

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
Hey Im using this in VB and once booted it asked for username and password ? I have not created any account or anything.. is there a default user pass ?
I have been trying to figure this out for a couple days with no success so far. Will keep trying. You should still be able to use the "install" option instead of the "try" option if you plan on installing it anyway.

edit: Turns out that checking the "Live CD/DVD" box under the iso file chooser in VirtualBox allows me to boot into the desktop without the login screen.

Last edited:

Chekm8Qc

I have been trying to figure this out for a couple days with no success so far. Will keep trying. You should still be able to use the "install" option instead of the "try" option if you plan on installing it anyway.

edit: Turns out that checking the "Live CD/DVD" box under the iso file chooser in VirtualBox allows me to boot into the desktop without the login screen.

Yes that worked for me too :) Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NO LONGER MAINTAINED!!!

Ubuntu4Kitchen
    An Ubuntu 18.04 distro with all the things you need to get the kitchen working easily.

This was created using the official Ubuntu 18.04.0 iso. It is basically an updated and repacked version of the original iso image.

• SuperRs-Kitchen installer/launcher is a pre-installed app
    • Panel shortcuts are Nautilus, Chrome/Chromium, Synaptic Package Manager, SuperR's Kitchen, and Show Desktop
    • Chromium and Synaptic package manager are installed
    It should work in VM, usb live boot, or dvd. Launch SuperRs-Kitchen ("S" icon) from the panel or the app drawer to get started :)

NOTE: The Installer will not work in Live boot.

Download:
    Ubuntu4Kitchen-18.04.4-amd64.iso
    Ubuntu4Kitchen 18.04 has been updated with a new launcher that supports the new free kitchen download/install.

I have decided not to update Ubuntu4Kitchen 16.04, but the old version is still available.
    couldnt unzip system.new.dat.br file
    The only problem is the launcher/installer. I need to update Ubuntu4Kitchen again, as the free kitchen has been updated and uses a new code base. The launcher included in Ubuntu4Kitchen does not work right now with the new free kitchen setup. I will get it updated when I get a chance. For now, you can get the latest free kitchen from here and use it in Ubuntu4Kitchen.
    New version posted in the OP :)

Changes:
    • New launcher/installer app compatible with the new donate kitchen downloads.
    • Launcher/installer is now in the app drawer.
    • OS Fully updated

Introducing Ubuntu4Kitchen 18.04 :)