[osprey][miui-7][alpha][5.1.1]

Search This thread

Innfinite4evr

May 1, 2016
Hyderabad

Ya stock ROM of MOTO g3.....
If u want to port ROM to this just take my booting build and start fixing bugs....it being really pain in ass to work for a device which I'm not clearly familiar with ..... I'm telling you this becuase you keep asking which ROM you took as base and all that .......So, kindly take my booting ROM and start big fixing .and if u succeed in bug fixing then you can make your own thread for that ROM......OK?..
Soon I'll upload a booting MIUI7-osprey.zip

Reactions: nandakis4

sagar27691

May 22, 2013
Ahmedabad
Ya stock ROM of MOTO g3.....
If u want to port ROM to this just take my booting build and start fixing bugs....it being really pain in ass to work for a device which I'm not clearly familiar with ..... I'm telling you this becuase you keep asking which ROM you took as base and all that .......So, kindly take my booting ROM and start big fixing .and if u succeed in bug fixing then you can make your own thread for that ROM......OK?..
Soon I'll upload a booting MIUI7-osprey.zip

Ohk... Np... Upload that booting MIUI7... I will try... Also there is one guy who was trying to make miui but didnt get succeded in bootinf it. He made the flyme os for osprey.

Reactions: nandakis4

nandakis4

Jan 8, 2014
Rajahmundry
hi, i am not a developer, but i want to help in any means :)

please count me in .. for small small helps :)

if atleast WIFI works, i will flash this rom and help you :), as i am currently having this phone as my daily driver :(

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

it would be good if you create whatsapp group :) for just in case :)

Innfinite4evr

May 1, 2016
Hyderabad
does it even boot for you cause mine is in a bootloop i think
IT BOOTED UP F_ING GINALLY

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

here is a miui log debug thingy https://mega.nz/#!0oRXWb7B!_TM9YPuZjrJzxd-8CGQaY4pKK1mArQBVOD1x5U5OlpQ and beware cause its big. coming later with a logcat if i can get one ;)
@bluedragon12,pls give screenshots to attach in this post and open settings and take screenshot of that...... and settings>About Phone also...
and check if audio is working and check if settings>security opens or it gives FC ..and if it opens try to set a pattern lock and tell me if it works!(cuz i think moto stuff is conflicting here)

-Waiting for your Reply

bluedragon12

Apr 16, 2016
@bluedragon12,pls give screenshots to attach in this post and open settings and take screenshot of that...... and settings>About Phone also...
and check if audio is working and check if settings>security opens or it gives FC ..and if it opens try to set a pattern lock and tell me if it works!(cuz i think moto stuff is conflicting here)

-Waiting for your Reply

audio doesnt work at all. in music app it just skips every song. security has given me an ui crash i think and pattern lock i forgot before i came back to my daily rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there!

As you all know MIUI is a highly customizable ROM with an eye pleasing UI. I am here very happy to present for you the new MIUI 7 ROM for your OSPREY. I tried to make it boot. but even then lots of bugs may have crept in. So, I request the users to report the bugs here and help me in fixing them as I don't own this device and I will try to solve that in the next build.

Features
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All MIUI 7 features including Notification Light settings, more Camera features like image filters, face detection, age & gender etc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since it is itself a Alpha Port, it may have such bugs whiich can't be easily solved!

Finally there's a possibility for the eye-popping MIUI for Moto G 2015-osprey..
    So Testers time to download rom and test it...If possible try fixing Bugs

-Added on 29/10/16

_Miui 7 based on 5.1.1
    -based on stock moto rom
    -Audio should work-test and report
    -Booting build
    Anyone can download this rom and continue bug fixing and if they succeed they can make their own thread of that rom!!
    Download Link:http://d-h.st/ivW9

Link:- -MIUI-8-LINK-REMOVED-becuse-settings-FC

How to Install
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download the MIUI ROM
    Reboot into TWRP Recovery
    Wipe data, system, cache and dalvik cache from Advanced Wipe menu
    Flash the MIUI ROM
    Then reboot your phone. The first boot may take up to 15~20 minutes and then u will be in setup wizard

Awesome,now we have a booting miui 7 -based on lollipop 5.1.1 ,thanks to @TestXenLuu for providing screenshots

What works
    Boots
    Storage
    *maybe more

Bugs/what doesn't work:
    Ril
    Audio
    Camera
    Wifi
    *maybe more

I hope some of you will come forward and help me in fixing bugs....
    As I don't own this device I can't do much !

If you own this device you can flash this ROM and try fixing bugs by googling or by any other way.
    I hope you successfully fix all the bugs....
    I possible try to to give me logs

Now,don't ask me how to take logs Google it and give me logs I'll try to trace bug fixes!

Screenshots link:-
    https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0BytM-dsHWhj3NjB1NDJfRFNweHM?usp=drive_web

Thanks!

Credits(not in any order)
    Huge thanks to MIUI Team for providing us the beautiful MIUI ROM.
    Also a huge thanks to @ziwo for being my inspiration
    Thanks to XDA forum members who apparently helped me in this project
    Thanks to @TestXenLuu for testing ROM and providing screenshots
    Thanks to @nitesh9 for making porting guide(osbusters)

Contributors

Innfinite4evr

ROM OS Version: Miui-V7 ,5.1.1 Lollipop
    Required: TWRP-3.0.x, Unlocked bootloader

Version Information

Created 2016-10-22
    Last Updated 2016-10-23
    Hope of Good News

Hey guys see the attached SS. I asked on official MIUI forum for the MIUI ROM of our osprey and one of the moderator replied positively and said work in progress. Hoping for the best and working MIUI.
    fukcing trash rom. nothing works noob. cant even connect to data.

0/10
    Then do better... 1st of all you should be happy to be able to use MIUI for FREE on your osprey, 2nd the "trash" that you flashed probably took loads of time from the developer's part and still is on ALPHA stage, and this kind of comment that you just puked doesn't help or motivate the developer on improving the ROM. Just GTFO and grow up you self centered ****.
    fukcing trash rom. nothing works noob. cant even connect to data.

0/10

excuse my language but r your eyeballs in your butt hole used as a*** beads?
    did u even bother to READ the OP ?
    have u ever tired porting a rom ?
    the developers work for FREE for HOURS
    if u cannot appreciate the work then move your ass somewhere else or make rom yourself

Today Just got the replay from the official MIUI Porting team dev that he is working on it. He said its still WIP.