• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Ota 1.40.401.1

Search This thread

jenkins-84

Aug 27, 2012
Lancashire
Sorry but this is maybe a stupid question,but is the system.zip a complet rom so that i can maybe install it over recovery? :confused:

Ha nope you can't flash it. Its a system image file. I'm working on it now I'm extracting the image file has I type. Then I'm gonna deodex the apks and have it fully working

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Reactions: gramateas

jenkins-84

Aug 27, 2012
Lancashire
Minor slip up somewhere I having problems booting the Rom. Maybe a corrupt file I'm not sure but had a problem extracting the image something to do with corruption. It's late now but will get back to it tomorrow after work. Sure I can sort it hopefully

jenkins-84

Aug 27, 2012
Lancashire
There you go boys xD will upload later tonight and make a thread tomorrow night

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384893623955.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384893623955.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 137

jenkins-84

Aug 27, 2012
Lancashire
The guys with unbranded phones unlocked to any network. Update for 4.4 is ment to be coming for the end of November so when you get the ota for kitkat I'll be happy to build a Rom from a system dump of 4.4 kitkat when it becomes available cheers

ghtop

Oct 25, 2013
The guys with unbranded phones unlocked to any network. Update for 4.4 is ment to be coming for the end of November so when you get the ota for kitkat I'll be happy to build a Rom from a system dump of 4.4 kitkat when it becomes available cheers

Wait ... what? We don't even have a date for the 4.3 rollout for the Mini yet. Are you saying that HTC are skipping 4.3 and going straight to 4.4 this month? Source?

randomjonny

Feb 24, 2011
Received update - can't install

Hey guys,

I received the update as well. However, I can't install it.

My phone is unlocked, rooted and has the TWRP recovery on it. Every time I try to install the update when I'm booted into the OS my phone reboots and goes into the recovery mode and when I try to install it from the recovery mode the installation fails.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

tinezi

Feb 17, 2012
Hey guys,

I received the update as well. However, I can't install it.

My phone is unlocked, rooted and has the TWRP recovery on it. Every time I try to install the update when I'm booted into the OS my phone reboots and goes into the recovery mode and when I try to install it from the recovery mode the installation fails.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

You can't install OTA updates with custom recovery installed, You just have to wait for @tr1gg3r84 to create the proper files to install with TWRP.

-tinzi

Reactions: randomjonny

Top Liked Posts