• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OTA] [10.0] [MONTHLY] CarbonROM CR8.0 PAX [OFFICIAL] [STABLE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11373495
  • Start date
Search This thread

mcheraghimn

Jul 31, 2016
I've been using this ROM for about a fortnight, and I'm quite satisfied with the overall performance and battery backup. The performance is way better than any Android 11 rom, and switching between apps is super smooth. Additional options are not aplenty, but definitely enough, which seemingly help the rom to perform better. The default launcher is also acceptable. There are also some options to aggressively keep battery backup during standby. However, the only problem is that Bluetooth calling simply does not work (at least with my JBL headset) which might be a dealbreaker for some.

NoDruid

Sep 28, 2017
I've been using this ROM for about a fortnight, and I'm quite satisfied with the overall performance and battery backup. The performance is way better than any Android 11 rom, and switching between apps is super smooth. Additional options are not aplenty, but definitely enough, which seemingly help the rom to perform better. The default launcher is also acceptable. There are also some options to aggressively keep battery backup during standby. However, the only problem is that Bluetooth calling simply does not work (at least with my JBL headset) which might be a dealbreaker for some.
I really like this rom especially performance, but just like mcheraghimm bluetooth calling is not working for me :(

swapyworld

Jul 3, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Google and Google play games eating too much of battery when idle. Especially from 100 to 80 drainage is very fast. Both apps have been added in 'Restricted apps' for limiting battery usage by rom itself.
i used flamegapps (basic - 26th June 2021) version. any idea what could be the issue?

hitman72

May 22, 2008
ortona
hi, how install/udpates app into internal memory? I always have the error that the internal memory is full (?). for now (till tomorrow) I just used a small and old sd just to install this rom

edit: ok solved, I have to click "delete sd" even if isn't present...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 11373495
    download.png

ABOUT:
    CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project created with the purpose of adding versatility and customization to stock Android. Stability is our highest priority; our vision is to be the best alternative to a stock operating system for your device.

WHAT'S WORKING:
    - All core features:
    - Hotspot
    - IR blaster
    - Reading mode
    - GPS (locks in 2 minutes)
    - Goodix fingrprint (needs another verification)
    - VoLTE
    - LTE (speed reaches 50 MB/s)
    - Agressive battery modes ( 3 versions - idle, standby, battery saver)
    - umatched stability and INSANE battery life - second to none
    - clean, lean and efficient

KNOWN ISSUES
    - Nothing found
    - You can report to this email address

SELinux Status Enforcing

SCREENSHOTS

01.png
    06.png

CLEAN FLASH RECOMMENDED

1. Back Up Everything.
    2. Use Orangefox Recovery. Link
    3. Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System, Data.
    4. Flash ROM
    5. Flash Gapps. (FlameGapps Recommended)
    To update the ROM, you can use two methods - OTA or Dirty Flash. OTA is recommended.

DOWNLOAD:
    CARBON CR8 RELEASES - MIDO

TEAM WEBPAGE: CarbonROM
    TELEGRAM: CarbonROM
    Support the efforts of the team: Donate

Version Information
    ROM OS Version:
    Android 10.0.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18 - KERNEL Repository
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-20
    Finally published on XDA, a very good ROM, I use it on a daily basis,screen 9+ hours, the speed is at the level of PE 9 CAF, who needs lightweight ROM, with the latest security patches, and without bugs, I can recommend Carbon
    To be honest, I do not really know if this is possible.
    The lock screen normally shuts down most of the censors.
    If you are sure that the accelerometer is active when the screen is locked, it has to be researched.
    Otherwise, you would need TYPE_MAGNETIC_FIELD and TYPE_ACCELEROMETER to adjust the settings.
    I, personally, don't think it is possible.
    Thanks for replying. I'm asking because it's fairly common in other ROMs so I assumed the setting was buried somewhere in the menus. I even looked it up over the github repos ( https://github.com/search?q=org:CarbonROM+lock+screen+rotation&type=commits ) and found multiple commits suggesting it's an existing feature: https://github.com/CarbonROM/android_frameworks_base/commit/afc54cf30f9c3adb4038dc3363cf47bbefc01564

Sensors wise, I think that's the sleep mode that cutoffs those circuits rather than the lock screen itself so once the display turns back on the sensors are back on as well. But that's just me making guesses really.
    Ok I managed to get the lockscreen rotating but it isn't easy. Basically you need to add a line to build.props using magisk's MagiskHide Props Config module. So, from the terminal after installing and rebooting you su and run props which is a menu driven terminal script. You add a new one (I think it was no.4 in the menu? follow the on-screen instructions...) called lockscreen.rot_override and give it the value true. Then let props initiate the reboot and you're done.

TL;DR lockscreen.rot_override=true in build.props

Anyhow, would have been nicer to have it as a CarbonFiber but so long as it works, I'm not complaining :) Thanks.
    If you want to inform the team, you can use the email address in the description.
    Nah it looks like the automation stuff is being shifted into the assistant APIs and SDKs and most projects and foss just hasn't caught up with the changing permissions and such: https://www.xda-developers.com/android-10-rules-automation-feature-rolls-out-some-pixel-devices/

Currently, I don't think there is a way to automatically shut down one of them, or both of them, if this is what you mean.

I guess google wants their machine learning to do this automatically for users instead of the users having to go into the settings and script logic.

Anyhow, I'm sure things will sort themselves out with time so no worries.

Offtopic, for some reason Axet's Call Recorder didn't work for me even after giving it root so I had to use the magisk module that installs it as a system app. It's sorta weird since android.permission.CAPTURE_AUDIO_OUTPUT should have been granted as I checked "System Mixer Incall Recording" and approved it for superuser but it didn't. I even thought something went wrong with magisk itself but adaway and afwall test fine so...
    Anyhow, thought it's worth mentioning since I keep running into similar premission related issues and some of them are common enough that people already have apps to solve/circumvent them.