[OTA][11/8]L900SPTALJC Update

Search This thread

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL
i am now on the new PALJC

i was rooted on a stock ROM before this.

1) downloaded viperboy's stock .tar
2) changed the md5 to a .tar format and placed in PDA then ODIN'ed to stock. (THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE CASE FOR EVERYONE)
3) downloaded cincyelite22's OTA update file on my phone (it ended up in my external SD)
4) booted into STOCK RECOVERY.
5) navigated to external SD card then flashed the update zip file.

took a while on the Samsung screen but after that it booted up and now i finally have multi-window.

Cheers.

Going to try this now

Edit: I lost root, but it worked!

if anyone rooted with my stock injected rom, can you please try my modified OTA file I posted about here.
Its simply trying to retain root through the ota process without needing you to do anything special.
Carrying this over from the last page, so it doesn't go unnoticed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
i am now on the new PALJC

i was rooted on a stock ROM before this.

1) downloaded viperboy's stock .tar
2) changed the md5 to a .tar format and placed in PDA then ODIN'ed to stock. (THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE CASE FOR EVERYONE)
3) downloaded cincyelite22's OTA update file on my phone (it ended up in my external SD)
4) booted into STOCK RECOVERY.
5) navigated to external SD card then flashed the update zip file.

took a while on the Samsung screen but after that it booted up and now i finally have multi-window.

Cheers.

I did 1.. did not do 2.. just unzipped the file info my odin directory... had my own ota update file stored on my sd card so I used that
did 4 and 5.

BUT I also reset to factory defaults after odin cause all my files were still on my phone.

I now have a brand new phone without having to pay any extra.. :).. yah.... I get all the fun of setting it up again...

I have a question.. If I stay stock.. but root and install twrp can I still flash the mod files that people are putting in their roms??? and can I flash the new kernel???
my phone got waaay out of control last time.. I prefer to stay close to stock but scott left so I morphed and modded morph and OMG it is amazing my phone even worked hahahaha..

love the multitasking bar.. realllllly cool...

if anyone rooted with my stock injected rom, can you please try my modified OTA file I posted about here.
Its simply trying to retain root through the ota process without needing you to do anything special.

Too bad I didn't wait an extra hour for your post, after trying and failing to flash after both installing stock recovery and editing the failed build prop values, I reflashed the stock tar, then did the update successfully. Luckily since I didn't have to wipe data, everything was retained. Rerooting was slightly more of a hassle since the damn ota restores the recovery recovering script. I just had to reflash twrp, reboot immediatley into recovery and then reflash chainfire's SU pack. Everything looks golden, now. MultiView is pretty cool, but someone needs to roll in the xml editing mod. :)

Hero_is_Over

Nov 5, 2012
Going to try this now

Edit: I lost root, but it worked!

Carrying this over from the last page, so it doesn't go unnoticed.

Can someone who has rooted the update please copy the contents of your root directory on your phone to your sdcard and make a zip. Dont copy data sdcard or storage. If this is done I will make a custom rom for us today with badass tweaks and a fresh updated kernel. Pleeeaaasseee as I am on linux and heimdall is not working. We can do this community!!!

Ask any questions necessary but I might be napping until I can get a zup with all the proper files

Dilandu

Nov 7, 2012
Im new to the whole Android rooting scene and used the Galaxy Note 2 Took kit to root my device. I also undid the root and removed TWRP back to the normal recovery. But when I try to load the update via sd card in the stock recovery I get this error

assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "t01tespr" I I getprop ("ro.build.product") == "t01tespr"
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package/zip
(Status 7)

Do I have to reinstall the stock recovery rom and wipe my phone? or is there something Im just over looking?

Thanks

mrRobinson

Dec 20, 2010
Im new to the whole Android rooting scene and used the Galaxy Note 2 Took kit to root my device. I also undid the root and removed TWRP back to the normal recovery. But when I try to load the update via sd card in the stock recovery I get this error

assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "t01tespr" I I getprop ("ro.build.product") == "t01tespr"
(Status 7)

Do I have to reinstall the stock recovery rom and wipe my phone? or is there something Im just over looking?

Thanks

yes but try this for me since you have to reflash stock anyway http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33859574&postcount=21
flash the stock injected i have in that thread. then try my OTA to retain root and get the upgrade.

(Status 7)

Thanks

Look up at my previous post on this page. I just had the same scenario as you and came out shiny on the other side ;)

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL

(Status 7)

Thanks

You can do one of four things.
1. Reinstall stock everything add you mentioned above.
2. Follow my quoted post at the top of the page and lose root.
3. Wait for devs to post and updated method.

yes but try this for me since you have to reflash stock anyway http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33859574&postcount=21
flash the stock injected i have in that thread. then try my OTA to retain root and get the upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dilandu

Dilandu

Nov 7, 2012

I will try and read that your post says and see if I do it. Im downloading the stock rom now and will try to install it. Im guess with my knowledge with all this root stuff at a bare min I should just stick with stock everything for now lol

mrRobinson

Dec 20, 2010
I will try and read that your post says and see if I do it. Im downloading the stock rom now and will try to install it. Im guess with my knowledge with all this root stuff at a bare min I should just stick with stock everything for now lol

ok. by "stock" rom hopefully you are downloading my root injected stock I have in my thread. then you'd need to get the OTA I have in that post and apply that. If you get the normal stock rom you'll never have root.

Dilandu

Nov 7, 2012
ok. by "stock" rom hopefully you are downloading my root injected stock I have in my thread. then you'd need to get the OTA I have in that post and apply that. If you get the normal stock rom you'll never have root.

Opps...no im downloading the one from viper...the one from jocelyns quoted post... Will the devs not be able to root this new update ever?

JudasD

Aug 16, 2007
One thing i did notice is that after i upgraded and ran Chainfire auto root the SU app did not install. Root would work, but i didnt have the app. So i had to reinstall it from the app store.

JD

Jocelyn

Jul 16, 2008
Orlando, FL
Opps...no im downloading the one from viper...the one from jocelyns quoted post... Will the devs not be able to root this new update ever?

I now have root. I feel like I could have just updated the binary through SuperSU after updating, but I forgot to check so see if you can do that before my next step. If that doesn't work, I used the LJ1 recovery tar via the GN2 Toolkit (Option 3 ALLINONE with TWRP & SuperSU) and it worked. I'm now rooted with TWRP & LJC!

Dilandu

Nov 7, 2012
I now have root. I feel like I could have just updated the binary through SuperSU after updating, but I forgot to check so see if you can do that before my next step. If that doesn't work, I used the LJ1 recovery tar via the GN2 Toolkit (Option 3 ALLINONE with TWRP & SuperSU) and it worked. I'm now rooted with TWRP & LJC!

Thanks for all the help , I installed the stock rom from your quoted post and It seemed to have worked fine and phone is now booting up with ( crosses fingers ) new update. I think ill stay away from the root thing for now. I just wanted to do it to try and use Wifi Tether but it didnt seem to work ... Guess ill wait till that is working before i try rooting again.

Thanks again.

guirae

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
Can someone who has rooted the update please copy the contents of your root directory on your phone to your sdcard and make a zip. Dont copy data sdcard or storage. If this is done I will make a custom rom for us today with badass tweaks and a fresh updated kernel. Pleeeaaasseee as I am on linux and heimdall is not working. We can do this community!!!

Ask any questions necessary but I might be napping until I can get a zup with all the proper files

gchat me my man: [email protected]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the OTA Update alone, not a full rom.

Fixes:
    - GPS lock settings can be defaulted by corporate device administrators
    - Emails go to Outbox when in no coverage area or airplane mode
    - Text message notification will beep while in a voice call
    - Multi Window View feature to run two apps on the screen at the same time

How to:

Download:
    ALJC 23.1mb MD5:4437ce14082b962160f366de5486f846
    How would I go about forcing update with this?

I'll post a how to video this morning!

I'll also show off the new features
    How would I go about forcing update with this?

1. download the file provided in OP to your SD.
    2. power down the device
    3. then access the stock recovery by pressing the vol +, home button, and then the power button at the same time. let go once the sprint flash screen appears. The stock recovery will appear
    4. select "apply update from external storage" using the volume + and - buttons to highlight the option and the power button to choose that option,
    5. highlight and choose the zip file you placed on the SD
    6. the update will initiate and voila you're updated

heres my proof and there is multiview
    Screenshot_2012-11-08-11-01-12.png

Screenshot_2012-11-08-11-03-56.png
    Thank You Bud!!!!

:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    Full stock with CF-Root and TWRP

Ok, my phone was fully stock, rooted and had the TWRP recovery. Here is what I did and it worked great!

Stuff:
    1. Download Stock Recovery from HERE
    2. Download the OTA update HERE.
    3. Install SuperSU from the play store
    4. Install SuperSU Pro from the play store ($2.49)
    5. Install OTA Rootkeeper from the play store

Instructions
    1. Flash via TWRP back to Stock recovery
    2. Reboot
    3. SuperSU settings -> Enable Superuser, Survival Mode, Reauthentication
    4. Via OTA Rootkeeper Backup root and then TEMP Un-root
    5. Power off
    6. Power, Vol Up and Home button salute.
    7. Install update from SD card
    8. Reboot and wait and wait and wait and wait....You will see the Samsung Galaxy Screen for a few minutes
    9. Go back to OTA RootKeeper and Restore Root.
    10. Enjoy!

Many thanks to a WHOLE list of people who's stuff I have linked above!

Nice thing is all of this can be done WITHOUT a PC. I am sure I could have skipped a couple of steps, but I just wanted to list out what I did and its working as expected :D
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone