• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OTA and Non-OTA Firmware for N986U and N986U1

Search This thread

pimpmaneaton

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2010
West Jordan UT
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Well, start of July or at the very end I guess. Just got this Update on U1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-022931_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-022931_Software update.jpg
    934.1 KB · Views: 73

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Yes I'm unlocked and rooted. There just minor things I do not like about 11...Android 10 is just fine so I figured why change. I don't get excited about security updates. I don't do any banking from my device. Just a personal preference. I know several that are still on 2.5

Reactions: dj24

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Yes I'm unlocked and rooted. There just minor things I do not like about 11...Android 10 is just fine so I figured why change. I don't get excited about security updates. I don't do any banking from my device. Just a personal preference. I know several that are still on 2.5

What are some of the things you're getting and enjoying on your rooted bl unlocked device that you didn't before? Is native call recording one of the features?

t12icky0

Mar 27, 2010
Shawnee, ks
My question is this, I have a note 20 ultra 5G Verizon. I flashed over the AIO firmware for the new update. I forgot to take my SIM card out and it still reads as Verizon under the CSC.

It's been awhile since I've done an Odin flash but I remember whenever you flashed a firmware it would change the CSC. Do I need to take my SIM card out first then flash the AT&t firmware or AIO firmware and then insert my SIM card again in order to change the Verizon CSC over to AIO/Att CSC?

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
My question is this, I have a note 20 ultra 5G Verizon. I flashed over the AIO firmware for the new update. I forgot to take my SIM card out and it still reads as Verizon under the CSC.

It's been awhile since I've done an Odin flash but I remember whenever you flashed a firmware it would change the CSC. Do I need to take my SIM card out first then flash the AT&t firmware or AIO firmware and then insert my SIM card again in order to change the Verizon CSC over to AIO/Att CSC?

There is no "VZW" or "ATT" or "TMB" or whatever firmware's on these devices. (They are only listed in the OP to a specific carrier to ID the current one so folks will know if they will get OTA)
The SIM card is what will dictate the options installed when flashed with Odin. As long as the SIM is on an active network of course

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
I'm one of those that flash from verizon U over to att U firmware. I'm on DUE1 and I'm not getting OTA update. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?
If you take a look 2 posts back you'll see that there is no such thing as "VZW/ATT" firmware.

Since DUE1 was the revision for both VZW and ATT, you're ok there. I might try to clear the cache and data for the 2 software update apps, reboot and check for uprates again

Top Liked Posts