• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OTA and Non-OTA Firmware for N986U and N986U1

Search This thread
If you take a look 2 posts back you'll see that there is no such thing as "VZW/ATT" firmware.

Since DUE1 was the revision for both VZW and ATT, you're ok there. I might try to clear the cache and data for the 2 software update apps, reboot and check for uprates again
I looked and did not see the 2 software update apps. Can you point me to which one they are?

Screenshot_20210805-153659_Software update.jpg

Got the August update today. U1 build on AT&T. Only 5 days after getting the July security patch.

Reactions: rskyline

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Hopefully Spectrum/Verizon release the August update soon, I hate having to switch between U/U1 just to be up to date on the security patches or anything new that's been released.
IMO, it's not so critical to be on THE most current Security patch to move between the U and U1 firmware as they are released. If you're on U then wait till the release comes for it. They aren't typically more than a week or 2 apart.
Just pick one or the other based on whatever "features" you like best and just stick with that one. The updates WILL come.

Now if you're just bored and feel the need to flash? Well that's a different convo ;)

Reactions: adj998

adj998

IMO, it's not so critical to be on THE most current Security patch to move between the U and U1 firmware as they are released. If you're on U then wait till the release comes for it. They aren't typically more than a week or 2 apart.
Just pick one or the other based on whatever "features" you like best and just stick with that one. The updates WILL come.

Now if you're just bored and feel the need to flash? Well that's a different convo ;)
More of like an OCD thing. I'm still flipping out that my playstore update is still June lol

• Haha
Reactions: kangi26

Top Liked Posts