• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OTA and Non-OTA Firmware for N986U and N986U1

Search This thread

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
I have a N986U-Verizon and I loaded N986U1UES2DUH3 and now when I turn on my phone, T-mobile software loads, and I inserted an at&t sim card, How do I install stock software on this device? Or How can install att software on this device? Which file do i need to select
All of the firmware is carrier agnostic, the software and features are installed by the active SIM card that's installed in the device

nds4me

Jul 5, 2010
hi all,
I have unlocked Note20 5G SM-N981U1 bought directly unlocked from Samsung.com, I inserted my Tmobile sim and it is working fine, but I really want T-Mobile SW, I will follow post #1, and install the N986USQS2DUH4 TMB/SPR, is this correct ?
also will this trip my Knox, I just bought the phone less than 3 weeks, and want to keep the warranty,

Thanks for your help, My phone software now is :

One UI V.3.1
Baseband:N986U1UES2DUH3
Build: RP1A.200720.012.N986U1UES2DUH3
CSC: SAOMC_SM-986U1_OYM_TMB_RR_0012
TMB/TMB/XAA
Security Patch September 1, 2021

Feb 17, 2018
I had a note 20 ultra from verizon and was unlocked by Verizon to use with any carriers. If i want to Flash unlocked firmware N986U1, what firmware is the corrected one. I am now with TMobile. Thank you for your help

LukasVN

Sep 24, 2021
I'm from Viet Nam and i have an ATT locked device with below info.
Screenshot_20210924-124114_Settings.jpg

I followed steps at #1 with the N986USQU1CTL2 but failed. Can anyone help me?

Solved! I tried Odin 3.14.4 and succeeded.

Last edited:

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
You can
I had a note 20 ultra from verizon and was unlocked by Verizon to use with any carriers. If i want to Flash unlocked firmware N986U1, what firmware is the corrected one. I am now with TMobile. Thank you for your help
You can flash the top one. All of the carriers are aligned with the U1 builds right now, so you'll get OTA.
Be sure to back up, you will have to wipe

Reactions: [email protected]

h0va4life

Jan 14, 2010
All of the firmware is carrier agnostic, the software and features are installed by the active SIM card that's installed in the device

hello, i want to make sure that my phone is using the proper BANDS - is this dependent on the firmware or the CSC?

I have a verizon MVNO branded n20u (spectrum) and sim is unlocked that I want to use on a tmobile mvno. I did a flash of the latest U1 FW also CSC (not HOME) and inserted my tmobile sim, the phone rebooted, but when I look at the software CSC still says CHA in settings and download mode.

I would love for the CSC to say TMB or even ?XAA?, but most important to know that the bands for tmobile are not deactivated - i know the verizon versions do not have band 12 active which tmobile uses for 5G in some areas.

FYI, I've tried doing the dialer code and using the band selector app and both methods are ineffective.

h0va4life

Jan 14, 2010

Just Google and download the frijas app. Input correct model number and CSC - the app will find correct fw and download fastest.

The CSC should be XAA.

Reactions: [email protected]

Top Liked Posts