• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OTA and Non-OTA Firmware for N986U and N986U1

Search This thread

kwhite.tn

Feb 10, 2011
I have a VZW Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U) unlocked for use on ATT. I have used a few different roms but nothing works using methods described. Suggestions.

I have read they most of the posts and haven’t seen a solution.

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
I have a VZW Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U) unlocked for use on ATT. I have used a few different roms but nothing works using methods described. Suggestions.

I have read they most of the posts and haven’t seen a solution.

You could use DUH1 in post 2 that's the last AT&T firmware I was able to get. You could flash it and it should OTA to the latest

Reactions: kwhite.tn

kwhite.tn

Feb 10, 2011
Using Odin, the install passed. The phone restarted and flashed the Samsung screen three times. My weak eyes and small red font kept from reading the error message. I was told to retry, which I did twice. Or do a factory reset. I don’t remember the third option. I retried twice with The boot loader failing both times.

doing a factory reset, did just that.

Reactions: kangi26

kwhite.tn

Feb 10, 2011

kwhite.tn

Feb 10, 2011
I'm a bit confuse. Where you able to make it work?
No, it didn’t work. I used the DUH1 (hoping that isn’t a pun) and the updated Odin.

Odin gave a green “pass” and the phone restarted. It restarted several times to the “Samsung” screen and that’s all. I would then get an error message that I couldn’t read and it gave three options; try again, factory reset and I could not read the third option.

after the second ”try again” I elected to do the factory reset. The rom is stock VZW

Last edited:

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
No, it didn’t work. I used the DUH1 (hoping that isn’t a pun) and the updated Odin.

Odin gave a green “pass” and the phone restarted. It restarted several times to the “Samsung” screen and that’s all. I would then get an error message that I couldn’t read and it gave three options; try again, factory reset and I could not read the third option.

after the second ”try again” I elected to do the factory reset. The rom is stock VZW

Are you able to boot into the device? If so what is the current firmware revision?

kwhite.tn

Feb 10, 2011
It wouldn't boot until I did a factory reset.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-114309_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211023-114309_Settings.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 27

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
I feel stupid. The baseband is DUH1. It did work but not with the desired effect. It still has the VZW software

Oh NO worries at all. no need to feel even a little dum.

So as far as the flash itself did you flash:
BL
AP
CP
CSC (NOT the HOME_CSC)

(Oh and IMO doing a factory reset prior to flashing is not a bad idea either)

As a side note there really isn't "VZW" software any longer. All of these firmware can be installed on and of the N986U or U1 devices regardless of carrier

kwhite.tn

Feb 10, 2011
Oh NO worries at all. no need to feel even a little dum.

So as far as the flash itself did you flash:
BL
AP
CP
CSC (NOT the HOME_CSC)

(Oh and IMO doing a factory reset prior to flashing is not a bad idea either)

As a side note there really isn't "VZW" software any longer. All of these firmware can be installed on and of the N986U or U1 devices regardless of carrier
I did the Home_CSC. I will try it.

kwhite.tn

Feb 10, 2011
I would do a couple Factory resets before flashing and make sure that you have your AT&T SIM installed too
Here's the status update... I have another successful "Pass" on Odin. Everything seems to be okay. When it booted up, I get a Samsung Note 20 page followed the VZW boot flash. That is what I want to get rid of, plus all the VZW apps that come with the VZW phone. I am unable to uninstall the VZW apps because they are required by the os. When I reboot to the download screen, the carrier is VZW. (I'll tag a photo tomorrow)

Oh, the ATT sim has been installed.

Top Liked Posts