• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OTA and Non-OTA Firmware for N986U and N986U1

Search This thread

dan96815

Apr 6, 2010
Markham ON CANADA
:confused:I have a Canadian version unlocked
Screenshot_20211124-202335_Settings.jpg

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Flashed both betas through ABD and both wiped the device, if it doesn't register me into samsung members to receive coming OTAs I might revert to Android 11, can't be wiping every update :(

I've found Beta 2 to be very solid, I haven't experienced any issues so far and may stay on this one until the OTA drops (Who am I kidding, I'll flash any new beta that comes if it stays BL2)

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
So if I flash manually the beta 1 (through adb since i don't have an SD card), i might be able to get enrolled into the beta program officially and start getting the otas? o_O
Looks like you already got your answer. The answer is YES the only condition being Beta registration should be open. The dependency on banner would be gone and whenever beta registration opens up you will be able to sign up for Beta and get OTAs, this has been my experience so far.

I've found Beta 2 to be very solid, I haven't experienced any issues so far and may stay on this one until the OTA drops (Who am I kidding, I'll flash any new beta that comes if it stays BL2)

Looks like you already got your answer. The answer is YES the only condition being Beta registration should be open. The dependency on banner would be gone and whenever beta registration opens up you will be able to sign up for Beta and get OTAs, this has been my experience so far.
Thanks both for your replies.

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Just a heads up at this point with the eSIM on beta 2. Do not turn off any of your sims if running dual sim, you will not be able to reenable them without a reset. Just get the neverending loading circle. Other than that, seems to work wonderfully.
I had converted my physical sim to esim yesterday and had switched off the physical sim (Sim 1) which still had my old sim I was able to turn it back on again. I tried turning it off and on multiple times and it worked.
I have not tried doing that to my esim as I don't want to risk it but someone with a wiped phone should try and met us know.

Reactions: kangi26

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Anyone on Beta 2 and AT&T, do you still have advanced Messaging? My status is stuck on "Connecting" even after clearing the app Data and cache

Anyone on Beta 2 and AT&T, do you still have advanced Messaging? My status is stuck on "Connecting" even after clearing the app Data and cache
Unlocked beta doesn't have Advanced Message, i was on it, now my locked AT&T Note20 Ultra 5G 512GB does have Advanced Message

Reactions: butchieboy

Top Liked Posts