• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OTA and Non-OTA Firmware for N986U and N986U1

Search This thread
Carrier locked version switched over to Beta 2 at the moment using Google messages.
Exactly what i was talking about Samsung Message Advanced which aren't on unlocked phones that's what I was talking about, And yes Google Message Chat Advanced does work on beta.

bassman418

Sep 28, 2011
I have Verizon variant I flashed U1 and then both betas. I use google messages too and it took a while for it to connect, but I think I had to shut off my WIFI first to be on the network and then it loaded. Also not sure if it matters but I've always installed "Carrier services" from the plat store since I started using Google Messages over Samsung's. Not sure if I still need to or if it helps anymore.

Last edited:

bassman418

Sep 28, 2011
After flashing to U1 form U there should not be any wiping going on. I didn't on my Verizon variant. I applied both betas from SD card. And the second beta is super solid. don't have any issues I have come across yet.

Interesting Battery life on AT&T Note20 Ultra 5G 512GB Snapdragon , at 83% lol 😆 😂 🤣 btw that's on Android 11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211126-131343_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211126-131343_Device care.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
I wonder if it was Blockada? I started to use that quite a while ago (REALLY like the ad blocking) and turned it off for the time being

I had converted my physical sim to esim yesterday and had switched off the physical sim (Sim 1) which still had my old sim I was able to turn it back on again. I tried turning it off and on multiple times and it worked.
I have not tried doing that to my esim as I don't want to risk it but someone with a wiped phone should try and met us know.

I'm using only esim and I was messing with IMS and RCS profiles and wiped them out and wanted to force a profile refresh, so I disabled my esim (removed) and re-added it (which forced a profile refresh) without issue. Does that answer your question? I'm on Beta 2 using TMO.

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
I am seeing a couple new features available in the Quick Panel,
Microphone Access
Camera Access
Extra Dim

There is also a "Color Palette" in the Wallpaper and style menu in Settings too, havent played with it at all
Device Care has had a little overhaul too. Although my device is still learning patterns, I can't tell if there's any improvement in battery
The color palette is not that good..lol

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Venom i may be late to this...but I do remember if you flashed U1 then U csc to get advanced options such as advanced messaging and wifi calling the update toggle did vanish from settings. If this has been answered sorry for repeating

Venom i may be late to this...but I do remember if you flashed U1 then U csc to get advanced options such as advanced messaging and wifi calling the update toggle did vanish from settings. If this has been answered sorry for repeating
Right, but if i remember by doing that the software update in your settings disappears .

Reactions: butchieboy

Top Liked Posts