• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OTA and Non-OTA Firmware for N986U and N986U1

Search This thread

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
In this firmware version, does ES stand for a certain processor?
No, The U1 firmware naming is a LITTLE bit different than the U versions of the firmware. It's still the Snapdragon (Otherwise we couldn't use it) the "S" is a Security Patch.
S2DUH3 is a Security Patch,
Bootloader 2,
Build "D" (Android 11),
"U" 2021,
"H" August,
"3" build number 3

Honestly, I don't know what the "E" Signified

domhall012N8

Mar 15, 2018
@kangi26...

I updated my U1 from A11 v3.1 to A12 Beta-2 here with no issue... Is it still possible to get back to A11 v3.1?

If so then... What is the process?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-092913.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-092913.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
@kangi26...

I updated my U1 from A11 v3.1 to A12 Beta-2 here with no issue... Is it still possible to get back to A11 v3.1?

If so then... What is the process?

Yep, super easy. Download the odin that's in post 2 or 3, pick which firmware you want to use, download it and flash it in Odin. Using the BL/AP/CP/CSC (NOT the HOME_CSC). backup, cause it wipes

domhall012N8

Mar 15, 2018
Yep, super easy. Download the odin that's in post 2 or 3, pick which firmware you want to use, download it and flash it in Odin. Using the BL/AP/CP/CSC (NOT the HOME_CSC). backup, cause it wipes
THANKS A MILLION... I am back on N986U1UES2DUJ7 stock rom A11 v3.1...

KG STATUS = CHECKING

But now I cant Root and install TWRP... Tired USERDATA_AIO_N981_FORCE_WIPE_10_10_21.tar.md5 file with and without the Rom files in ODIN... ODIN fails... TWRP ODIN fails... ODIN vbmeta_disabled fails... Any ideas???

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Any noticeable changes in beta 3? Is there any way to flash it without wiping?
Can be done there's a guide in last pages

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Any noticeable changes in beta 3? Is there any way to flash it without wiping?
Remove sim
Use keypad code method to change the csc to xaa/xaa/xaa or if you bought the phone from carrier then csc should be xaa /xaa/att the first two should be xaa.
Flash the OTA using Adb method.
Switch phone on, let it boot and finish update.
Switch phone off, INSERT SIM.
Done

@rskyline i updated the first post on my other thread with steps. Check that.

Last edited:
Remove sim
Use keypad code method to change the csc to xaa/xaa/xaa or if you bought the phone from carrier then csc should be xaa /xaa/att the first two should be xaa.
Flash the OTA using Adb method.
Switch phone on, let it boot and finish update.
Switch phone off, INSERT SIM.
Done

@rskyline i updated the first post on my other thread with steps. Check that.
I was able to do this without wiping as well! Thank you all guys!

BranBro365

Jan 30, 2019
This is great but at this time I don't see any reason for anyone with a Note 20 Ultra to be flashing OneUI 4.0 Beta considering all N20Us should have the OTA stable version of Android 12 by the end of this month. If Samsung is to be believed regarding their rollout dates for each device then we should get it this month, and personally I'm going with what Samsung is saying considering my mom's Verizon S21 got OneUI 4.0 last month which is exactly when Samsung said S21s would receive it.

Reactions: rskyline
This is great but at this time I don't see any reason for anyone with a Note 20 Ultra to be flashing OneUI 4.0 Beta considering all N20Us should have the OTA stable version of Android 12 by the end of this month. If Samsung is to be believed regarding their rollout dates for each device then we should get it this month, and personally I'm going with what Samsung is saying considering my mom's Verizon S21 got OneUI 4.0 last month which is exactly when Samsung said S21s would receive it.
Well the official schedule is January so if they release it this month would be early! (Hopefully).

Top Liked Posts