OTA and Non-OTA Firmware for N986U and N986U1

Search This thread

dhairston85

Jan 6, 2013
First question is, are you using the Odin provided in post 2 or 3?
Second, is you will need to have an active TMB SIM card installed in your before flashing the firmware device. The firmware will install the features and software based on the SIM that's installed
I've used the one in post 2 and 3 as it says 13.3b in both posts.. I already have the TMobile SIM card inserted and active.. Now im just trying to get rid of the Verizon bloatware... Which one of the bootloaders am I supposed to use then?? I even went through Frija to download it according to what it should be, and same results.... so heck, if I wanna make it a U1 version, which one do I download since I can't get Tmobile one working... lol so confusing

dhairston85

Jan 6, 2013
what are the differences between the carrier bootloaders 1 & 2????? how do we choose between the unlocked versions if we're interested in making it go from U to U1??

znel52

• Jun 3, 2010
    So verizon pushed an OTA for build N986USQU2DUCA but I have been unable to find an odin file specifically for VZW. USC is currently on the same build. Will the odin file for USC work for VZW since they are the same build? Or are there differences in odin files for each carrier?

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
    Nov 8, 2006
    Seattle
    So verizon pushed an OTA for build N986USQU2DUCA but I have been unable to find an odin file specifically for VZW. TMo is currently on the same build. Will the odin file for TMo work for VZW since they are the same build? Or are there differences in odin files for each carrier?

You wont find one that's specific to any carrier. All of the firmware will work on any of the N986U/U1 devices. If VZW's latest firmware is 2DUCA, then you can flash that one that's in post#2 and you'll stay available for future OTA from VZW

znel52

• Jun 3, 2010
    You wont find one that's specific to any carrier. All of the firmware will work on any of the N986U/U1 devices. If VZW's latest firmware is 2DUCA, then you can flash that one that's in post#2 and you'll stay available for future OTA from VZW
    Awesome thanks!

ltmikepowell

Jan 29, 2013
    I thought I figure it out on how to flash from U1 to U but now I don't really know what I am doing (good thing that I haven't attempt it yet). I know how to flash incremental update though.

I have a Note20 Ultra (SM-N986U1) with TMobile SIM and the latest N986U1UEU2DUCB firmware. If I want to flash TMobile firmware then what step should I take? I know that I cannot flash older firmware, but this is for the future when I need to do so.

sclarktay4

Jan 9, 2011
    Here
    I thought I figure it out on how to flash from U1 to U but now I don't really know what I am doing (good thing that I haven't attempt it yet). I know how to flash incremental update though.

I have a Note20 Ultra (SM-N986U1) with TMobile SIM and the latest N986U1UEU2DUCB firmware. If I want to flash TMobile firmware then what step should I take? I know that I cannot flash older firmware, but this is for the future when I need to do so.
    Flash as usual the firmware you want but you must use the csc instead of home_csc. It will wipe your phone so back it up prior to wipe so you can restore. I did the process and this is the only way I could go from U1 to U.

Reactions: rskyline

Top Liked Posts

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this was asked before, but I am tryng to install the last u1 firmware on my att note 20 ultra, that is never updated. I downloaded odin 3 patched and insert all the AP BL CP and HOME_CSC for a dirty flash. The phone is connected to my pc and detected by odin, but when I try to start odin stuck at "setup connection" and nothing happens. Why?
      You have to use the regular CSC, not the HOME_CSC. You cant dirty flash going to/from U to U1 and vice versa.

Edit: I might also suggest doing a wipe before flashing. You dont HAVE to, but it's something I do if a flash isnt going according to plan
      AT&T Note20 Ultra 5G Live OTA May Patch Firmware N986USQU2DUDC Is Out.
      I'm going to clean up some of the really old firmware in post 2 and 3. They arent used any longer and probably good to clear some space out on AFH
      Added a link to DUDC for ATT/USC/CCT in post #2
      Here's some screenshots of Hex on my AT&T Note20 Ultra 5G 512GB. No issues at all.
      Kangi...we have got to find Venom a girlfriend....quick...kidding ol friend. Kangi..Venom how you guys doing? See you guys still at it. Haven't been around much..work work work. Venom thanks again buddy for the file you sent.
      New update for U1

Screenshot_20210524-135337_Software update.png
      N986U - Carrier Versions

BOOTLOADER 2

N986USQS2DUE2 CHA Thanks @Venom0642
      N986USQS2DUE1 ATT/VZW/TMB/SPR. Thanks for the mirror @Venom0642 Mirror
      N986USQU2DUDC ATT/USC/CCT
      N986USQU2DUC8 TMB
      N986USQU2DUCA CCT/USC/CHA
      N986USQU2DUC5 VZW
      N986USQS2DUC1 CCT
      N986USQS2DUBB AT&T/USC MIRROR thanks @Venom0642

BOOTLOADER 1
      N986USQU1DUB7 VZW Thanks to @drewiskee for grabbing this N986USQSU2DUBB
      N986USQU1DUB5 ATT/SPR/TMB/CCT/CHA Thanks for the link @Venom0642
      N986USQS1CTLC VZW/CHA/USC January Patch
      N986USQS1CTLB TMB/ATT/SPR. MIRROR Thanks @Venom0642
      N986USQU1CTLA VZW Second December Patch Thanks @Venom0642
      N986USQU1CTL4 VZW Android 11 MIRROR Thanks for the link @denson9874
      N986USQU1CTL2 ATT/TMB/SPR/CCT Android 11. Thanks @dottat. MIRROR thanks @Venom0642
      N986USQU1BTJ3 VZW/USC

Odin3_v3.13.3b: HERE
      See Post #2 and #3 for the Links to the Firmware
      ALL of the firmware posted here can be flashed on any N986U/N986U1 Device. The firmware is NOT carrier dependent and is only listed next to some of them in order to have an idea if you might get OTA when you flash it

Understanding Firmware naming:

N986USQU1ATGM
      N=Note
      986U or F etc, the model of device
      SQ, FX etc = CPU and model specific
      U,S,E = Update, Security, Engineering, respectively
      1,2,3,4,5 etc = bootloader revision (This is important! You cannot go to a previous revision)
      A,B,C,D = Android version
      T, U = Year (T=2020, U=2021 etc)
      A,B,C etc = month (January A - December L)
      1 - 9 and then A - Z =build compilation. This basically means how many builds there are in a month. They start at 1 and go to Z
      So N986USQU1ATGM would be
      N968-U-SQ-U-1-A-T-G-M
      N968U (Note 20 Ultra Carrier version), SQ (Snapdragon), U (Update), 1 (Bootloader version), A (Build 10), T (2020), G (July), M (22nd build)

How to enter Download Mode:
      Turn off the device.
      Connect USB cable to your PC (Leave it disconnected from the phone)
      Press and hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. While they are still pressed, plug in the USB cable into your phone.
      The phone will go into download mode press volume up. In Odin you will see that phone is added.

Dirty Flash:
      I would only do this if you are having to manually update to the newer firmware and would not do it if you are coming/going to U/U1 or from beta firmware or if you are on an old firmware. I'd also highly recommend doing a back up prior to the doing this
      Load these into Odin
      BL
      AP
      CP
      HOME_CSC
      Do NOT flash CSC or USERDATA, either of these WILL wipe your device
      This is a "dirty flash" and these can sometimes cause issues. Keep in mind if things start going sideways and stuff starts not working right, your first step to a solution will be to wipe the device.

Tips on flashing U1 Firmware:
      You will have to wipe, can NOT dirty Flash going between U and U1 firmware
      Use the patched ODIN linked in post #2 or #3, Odin3_v3.13.3b (They are exactly the same)
      Have an active US Carrier SIM installed to get carrier features

If you get your CSC Stuck on XAA/XAA/(Insert your carrier here), and can not get Carrier options back.
      Go to the tutorial that @borijess put together HERE
      N986U1 - Unlocked Versions

BOOTLOADER 2
      N986U1UES2DUE1
      N986U1UEU2DUDD
      N986U1UES2DUD5
      N986U1UEU2DUCB For those with old eyes like mine, that is DUCB (Letter B, not an Eight)
      N986U1UES2DUC8
      N986U1UES2DUC1

BOOTLOADER 1

N986U1UEU1DUB5
      N986U1UES1CUA1
      N986U1UEU1CTLB
      N986U1UES1CTL7
      N986U1UEU1CTL4

Odin3_v3.13.3b: HERE
      Big Update AT&T Note20 Ultra live .
      Uploading U1 CTL4 now. I'll have a OP link shortly

Edit***