Noticed mine stopped working this weekend. Tried everything and can't get it to work.
- If you're asking what was being discussed prior to your comment, it was about a guy posting a model name that sounds like it's an ATT model but it isn't.
I wasn't referring to previous discussion, my question is not in reference to anything prior. I wasn't sure what you meant by "what's being discussed"
Right, just confirming what I thought I already knew. Carrier/SIM unlock is at carrier's discretion, subject to their own requirements. Firmware won't change this, probably because of IMEI whitelist. If IMEI not blacklisted, only option to unlock outside of carrier unlock is via 3rd party service which may or may not work-- Uh.. of you want to be pedantic about it, sure. ATT (or insert your carrier here) is the lienholder if you're paying a balance to own the device. If you want it unlocked, ATT will give you the sim unlock but here's the criteria from ATT site:
If you don't have ATT, go to your carriers website and do your due diligence and research into your carrier's policies
- Is an AT&T phone or device and isn't active on another AT&T account.
- Has a paid-off installment plan:
- Paid through your monthly bill: Submit your unlock request at the start of your next bill period.
- Paid off early: The wireless number assigned to the device must be active for at least 60 days. Wait 48 hours after you make your final payment to submit your unlock request.
- Was paid in full when you bought it (it was not purchased on an installment plan). You must wait 60 days from your purchase date to submit an unlock request.
- Hasn't been reported as lost, stolen, or involved with fraud and doesn't have a past-due account balance. (Make a payment to bring your account current. It may take up to 24 hours to post.)
- Is an AT&T Prepaid® phone with a Prepaid SIM and six months of service on the AT&T network. You must submit your unlock request using the most recent version of the AT&T Device Unlock app."
Imagine my surprise when Youtube Vanced started working out of the blue yesterday... All I did was clear the cache when I had the issue last week which didn't really do anything so I had it just sitting there until I could get some time to look into ReVanced.
Very strange. I used the dialer code trick to pull it this time, and have for the last several updates with no issues. I've also done the whole date change thing before to pull an update, and once I've gotten it and changed the date back all has been fine. Sucks that something as simple as that could hammer your phone. Hope you get it resolved as painlessly as possible.
This worked great!Alright Bois, GOT THE FIX. Works for all S22/+/Ultra
Had the same issue everyone else is experiencing after the latest Aug update:
View attachment 5994437
I was able to get it working after performing the following: (noob friendly)
Files needed beforehand:
A. Odin3 v3.13.1_3b_Patched (only download version: Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_patched)
B. Open browser and go to https://samfw.com/, enter your SPECIFIC MODEL NUMBER
C. Pay attention to the U and U1 version as you will need both
View attachment 5994475
4. Choose your current carrier and then select (Version) to the right to download the files
(verify build date is most current)View attachment 5994477
EXTRACT FILES AFTER DOWNLOADING THEM
Links for S22 Ultra
S22 Ultra U
S22 Ultra U1
Links for S22+
Links for S22
1. Make a backup of your phone if you haven't already as we will need to do a factory reset ( I used Samsung Smartswitch)
2. Factory reset your phone in settings and then turn off
3. Boot into Recovery menu (press and hold volume up + power button) and perform the following
a. wipe cache partitionb. wipe data/factory resetc. power off device
a. Press and hold the two volume keys + power button at the same time, release once the screen is onb. Insert USB cable to your PC and to your phone and press the volume up buttonc. Download mode has started and we can start loading files into ODIN5. Open Odin and load corresponding U files
If you wish to stay with carrier locked Firmware (bloatware etc.) ONLY FLASH UAfter loading the AP file, it will take about 45 secs to complete, just wait until it finishes to load other files
For CSC: use the CSC_OYN file only
View attachment 5994525
6. Select Start and wait until it finishes, phone will turn on and disconnect from PC
7. Go through the initial setup process until you are at the main screen (don't sign into anything)
8. Your phone should work now, test calling/internet/etc.
WAIT 10 MIN BEFORE FLASHING U1
Repeat steps 2-5 with U1 files
Select Reset option on ODIN if you didn't close the application
Reload Fw files with U1
For CSC: use the CSC_OYN file only
Select Start and wait until it finishes, phone will turn on and disconnect from PC
Go through the initial setup process until you are at the main screen (don't sign into anything)
Your phone should work now, test calling/internet/etc.
There's VERY little chance you'll brick (The only way that I know you can is pulling the USB cable when flashing), that aside, it'll just error before the flash could happen.How do i know which firmware to download? Im a complete beginner... i have an att locked (making payments) 22 ultra sm-s908U. I was told to get the u1 firmware because its unlocked and i can use rcs thru jibe not att, but i also was told i need to get the firmware that matches the model number which is U. I may be overthinking, but it's confusing. And all the U options are labeled by carrier, there doesn't seem to be an unlocked firmware for my U phone. And if i were to get an U1 firmware, there are a few options with no explanation on the differences and which to get. Don't get me started on the advice to look for XAA firmware, because i don't see that anywhere lol. Apologies if this seems ridiculous, i just don't want to brick my phone