• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OTA][Index][Osprey]Moto G Indian thread XT1550

Search This thread

ANMATTOO

Jan 9, 2016
My Moto G XT1550 is stuck on boot screen< Need help

I All, Today i received MM update on by unlocked XT1550, before receiving the update i installed clean factory image and then downloaded the ota .and it finally got updated to MM without issue .I then booted to Twrp to flash super su and it went all fine but after that it got stuck on boot screen. I did some research and found that for MM we required modified boot image to be flashed as well with Super SU.. same is the case with nexus devices and Moto X2 as well . I dont know know how to create modified boot.image . I really need help to get my phone back up ... Only two ways to fix it if not wrong, either modified boot image or MM firmware for XT1550 2gb ram.

Please help ....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

sudbht

Sep 26, 2014
Anyone successfully rooted on stock marshmallow.

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

I All, Today i received MM update on by unlocked XT1550, before receiving the update i installed clean factory image and then downloaded the ota .and it finally got updated to MM without issue .I then booted to Twrp to flash super su and it went all fine but after that it got stuck on boot screen. I did some research and found that for MM we required modified boot image to be flashed as well with Super SU.. same is the case with nexus devices and Moto X2 as well . I dont know know how to create modified boot.image . I really need help to get my phone back up ... Only two ways to fix it if not wrong, either modified boot image or MM firmware for XT1550 2gb ram.

Try flashing any other kernel.

sudbht

Sep 26, 2014

Just flash supersu version 2.62 it will boot.

milindthakker

Jul 25, 2012
This thread is to list the current and upcoming Over The Air(OTA) updates for Moto G XT1550 Indian Version.

Currently there are two version of Lollipop 5.1.1 OTA for XT1550 with Build numbers LP123.72-33 and LP123.72-47.4

Any one captured the OTA for the latest build LP123.72-47.4 can share the links so that we no need to wait for it... The latest update supposed to fix the stagefright issue along woth some stability improvements.

Procedure to update your phone with OTA:
1. Download the OTA file to your phone's SD card root folder.
2. Go to Settings-> About Phone -> System Update
3. Follow the instructions for the update. (NOTE: If the OTA file update is not the latest or is same as current, you will not be able to do any thing and it will show that your device Software is up to date.)

Download Links
5.1.1 OTA for XT1550 (Build LPI23.72-47.4)--->here
5.1.1 OTA for XT1550 (Build LPI23.72-XX.X) --->here
***Latest*** 6.0 OTA for XT1550 --->here

Credits:
@asrupesh

:good::good::good::good::good:
This did not work. Had to go to recovery and use update from sd card for marshmallow. Listing the steps - please add to op.

1) Download ***Latest*** 6.0 OTA for XT1550 --->here
2) Copy it to sd card
3) Power off phone
4) Press Volume Up+Down and Power Key for around 5 seconds.
5) Scroll Up/Down using Volume key and go to recovery
6) You will get a no command message
7) Press Power + Volume Up together for 1-2 seconds
8) Go To Cache Clean
9) Wait for 20-30 minutes
10) After process done, click on update from sd card
11) Lo & Pronto you should be updated to marshmallow from lollipop

pawankonjarla

Jul 22, 2013
This did not work. Had to go to recovery and use update from sd card for marshmallow. Listing the steps - please add to op.

2) Copy it to sd card
3) Power off phone
8) Go To Cache Clean
11) Lo & Pronto you should be updated to marshmallow from lollipop

Added to OP with this method also...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Any one from India captured 6.0 OTA? Please upload and PM me the url so that I will update the OP.

I do not own Moto G 3rd gen now.. :(:( but will maintain this thread for future updates too!!!. :good: :good:
    OTA MM

https://www.mediafire.com/?53xbvam3e4i3tmy

XT1550 2GB India
    This thread is to list the current and upcoming Over The Air(OTA) updates for Moto G XT1550 Indian Version.

Currently there are two version of Lollipop 5.1.1 OTA for XT1550 with Build numbers LP123.72-33 and LP123.72-47.4

Any one captured the OTA for the latest build LP123.72-47.4 can share the links so that we no need to wait for it... The latest update supposed to fix the stagefright issue along woth some stability improvements.

Procedure to update your phone with OTA:

Method 1:
    1. Download the OTA file to your phone's SD card root folder.
    2. Go to Settings-> About Phone -> System Update
    3. Follow the instructions for the update. (NOTE: If the OTA file update is not the latest or is same as current, you will not be able to do any thing and it will show that your device Software is up to date.)

Method 2:
    2) Copy it to sd card
    3) Power off phone
    8) Go To Cache Clean

Download Links
    5.1.1 OTA for XT1550 (Build LPI23.72-47.4)--->here
    5.1.1 OTA for XT1550 (Build LPI23.72-XX.X) --->here
    ***Latest*** 6.0 OTA for XT1550 --->here

Credits:
    @asrupesh

:good::good::good::good::good:
    OTA capturing methods.

How to capture OTA with root:
    1. After getting OTA notification, start the download.
    2. After download is complete (do not install the update now), just open any root explorer (I recommend ES file explorer) and go to the /cache directory or /data/data/com.motorola.ccc.ota/ on the device root.
    3. You can see the downloaded OTA file with name like Osprey_retasia_ds_2gb.XXXXXX.zip, copy this file to SD card and then to your computer.
    4. Upload the OTA file to file sharing site and post the link.

How to capture OTA without root:
    Follow the instructions from here to capture OTA without root -----> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/general/capture-ota-root-t2969602
    but it shows this version only... Blur_Version.23.31.33.osprey_retasia_ds_2gb.retasia.en.03

ok..just share it.. lets figure out what exactly it is.
    ok..just share it.. lets figure out what exactly it is.
    Uploading