[Aug 31 2022]Biggest Update is here[4.9][ Stable- High Perf. ROM][Android 12.1] LineageOS 19.1[MIDO]-Vanilla By Zeelog

Search This thread

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Please take a look at my earlier post.

By "96 hours" I meant in overall working phone with idle time with screen OFF too. Now, no matter if I use phone or not I need to charge it every one-two days. Before it was ~3-4. I didn't mean SoT=96h which is unfortunately impossible :)

I wonder about your 10h SoT and what thing is wakelocking my phone. Bluetooth on all the time (for mi band)? That's why I provided screens from BetterBatteryStats app in that post. Maybe it could help?

My battery is not so degraded, ~80% of the original capacity remains.

And about speaker volume:

I didn't know about that, I though there is no controll for speaker volume.
With new default value=-10 I hardly heard the interlocutor and I haven't any problems with deafness (yet). That's why I thought it's bug (?) and wanted to report it.

Now 80% by some software? Nothing can determine the actual capacity of battery. It's Chemical reaction not some code . So 80% is highly questionable.

Increase -10 to 0 if you want no body stopped. Now I get 12 hours sot in this ROM. In MIUI app 8 hours. So my tests and other users results say. 1.5 times battery life.

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Please take a look at my earlier post.

By "96 hours" I meant in overall working phone with idle time with screen OFF too. Now, no matter if I use phone or not I need to charge it every one-two days. Before it was ~3-4. I didn't mean SoT=96h which is unfortunately impossible :)

I wonder about your 10h SoT and what thing is wakelocking my phone. Bluetooth on all the time (for mi band)? That's why I provided screens from BetterBatteryStats app in that post. Maybe it could help?

My battery is not so degraded, ~80% of the original capacity remains.

And about speaker volume:

I didn't know about that, I though there is no controll for speaker volume.
With new default value=-10 I hardly heard the interlocutor and I haven't any problems with deafness (yet). That's why I thought it's bug (?) and wanted to report it.
This is latest result of battery life posted by user.

Attachments

• IMG_20210507_213452_786.jpg
    IMG_20210507_213452_786.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20210507_213449_472.jpg
    IMG_20210507_213449_472.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Wow
Reactions: Atexor

lakshmish

Oct 14, 2015
Now 80% by some software? Nothing can determine the actual capacity of battery. It's Chemical reaction not some code . So 80% is highly questionable.

Increase -10 to 0 if you want no body stopped. Now I get 12 hours sot in this ROM. In MIUI app 8 hours. So my tests and other users results say. 1.5 times battery life.
12 HOURS SoT!!! How the hell do you manage to get that kind of SoT? Do you keep the brightness to zero or something? Even by doing that i dont know i can manage that. Please explain if you have done any kind of modifications.

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland

No, BetterBatteryStats app is only for looking for wakelocks that (probably) occurs. The current that the battery actually absorbed was measured with battery meter connected to charger.

I'll quote myself:
I checked my real battery capacity and it's 3350 mAh with plugged battery capacity meter. When I bought it one year ago, battery had 3600 mAh. Loosing 250mAh (7%) does not explain, why my phone works shorter on the battery by ~37.5%.

Do you use Bluetooth i.e. for connection with Mi Band? What is your average brightness (I've +- 40-70% on the slider, automatic brightness disabled). I'm not playing any games, mostly browser, Messenger (prevented from running in the background), Spotify.

If it isn't problem, could you test wakelock count via BetterBatteryStats?

deepanshub

Apr 20, 2019
Using this for a week now some issues I have encountered are as below:
  • UI needs improvement (Launcher+ Task manager)
    • If multiple apps opened its hard to see others in recent apps since its scaled too large )
    • No lock app feature for keeping the app active in background
    • Home screen apps cant be multiselected (Also allows same name folders)
    • File explorer details view for all files not present, need to select each files to get details
    • while selecting multiple apps old tap style doesn't work when selecting files faster. (Drag select provided)
    • lock-screen (after entering pin enter needs to be pressed every time)
    • Default gallery app thumbnails are too big no option to resize by pinching screen
    • Battery landscape icon not provided and you can't see when its set to inside icon in portrait mode
  • No headphone icon when connected by default. (resolved by manually turning from system icons settings)
  • Calculator doesn't have clear manually have to clear each digit.
  • FM radio doesn't work when opened while headphones are already connected (need to unplug and re-plug).
  • FM Stops playing when tapped back once
  • Audio too loud when earphones connected
  • Battery drains too quick
  • Sometimes while using chrome files get downloaded but cant find in storage. Also happened when i moved files from pc to device
  • tried super backup restore App to VCF backup restore for contacts but after it said restored 90 contacts when i checked all contacts were gone.(tried few times and it did restore)
  • Need to install note taking app from play store separately.
Will update if I encounter anything more or any of this resolves after resetting device. Please help me correct if i am wrong here with any of above.

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Using this for a week now some issues I have encountered are as below:
  • UI needs improvement (Launcher+ Task manager)
    • If multiple apps opened its hard to see others in recent apps since its scaled too large )
    • No lock app feature for keeping the app active in background
    • Home screen apps cant be multiselected (Also allows same name folders)
    • File explorer details view for all files not present, need to select each files to get details
    • while selecting multiple apps old tap style doesn't work when selecting files faster. (Drag select provided)
    • lock-screen (after entering pin enter needs to be pressed every time)
    • Default gallery app thumbnails are too big no option to resize by pinching screen
    • Battery landscape icon not provided and you can't see when its set to inside icon in portrait mode
  • No headphone icon when connected by default. (resolved by manually turning from system icons settings)
  • Calculator doesn't have clear manually have to clear each digit.
  • FM radio doesn't work when opened while headphones are already connected (need to unplug and re-plug).
  • FM Stops playing when tapped back once
  • Audio too loud when earphones connected
  • Battery drains too quick
  • Sometimes while using chrome files get downloaded but cant find in storage. Also happened when i moved files from pc to device
  • tried super backup restore App to VCF backup restore for contacts but after it said restored 90 contacts when i checked all contacts were gone.(tried few times and it did restore)
  • Need to install note taking app from play store separately.
Will update if I encounter anything more or any of this resolves after resetting device. Please help me correct if i am wrong here with any of above.
Calculator , Gallery , FM, File explorer apps needs improvement from source side.
Install alternative apps from playstore.
Realcalc, Gallerygo,Cxexplorer.

For Audio - Everything is fixed now.
Go to Settings- Sound - Audio Amplification settings. You can tune audio whatever you like.

Change the default gain to -14dB if you feel it's too loud.

I get around 10 hours of sot. Which is extraordinary for a 4 year old battery, when compared to modern phones

Any improvements you have mentioned will be updated when LoS source decides to implement them.

Reactions: deepanshub

cesc1972

Feb 10, 2011
I have been using it for a few days, coming from a few years of LineageOS 16 (9), and so far it seems really promising.

Everything seems snappier than before (It could of course be because I just formatted it) and the battery life is nice enough, but I need a few more days to test it.

The headphone volume was loud at the minimum setting but that can be easily solved within settings -> audio -> audio amplification -> headphone gain.

The only thing I miss is being able to hide the status bar per app as I could on Android 9, but it seems to be an Android 11 limitation, not something that the rom can fix.

So far so good, thank you for your work!!

Reactions: anandsvm

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
My OTA update to 5-May failed.
It shutdown instead of booting into orangefox.
I turn it back on, it boot into orangefox.
It installed but fail to boot into system.
I then dirty flashed it with latest nik gapp and latest magisk.
It booted with data intact.

Rigadelt

Jan 2, 2021
My OTA update to 5-May failed.
It shutdown instead of booting into orangefox.
I turn it back on, it boot into orangefox.
It installed but fail to boot into system.
I then dirty flashed it with latest nik gapp and latest magisk.
It booted with data intact.
OTA probably failed because you use NikGapps. Users have reported having problems (bootloops) with OTA when using NikGapps in the past, hence why anandsvm recommends using either Flame Gapps or MindTheGapps.

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
OTA probably failed because you use NikGapps. Users have reported having problems (bootloops) with OTA when using NikGapps in the past, hence why anandsvm recommends using either Flame Gapps or MindTheGapps.

I have been using this gapp since last december and went through couple of OTAs since then, never encountered such issue. Furthermore, the phone simply shut down instead of booting into orangefox automatically like the usual OTA, so something must have gone wrong there. I can't repeat this problem, naturally, so it did be hard to identify the root of the problem.

Apparently orangefox released a new update a few days ago, I should update that.

nplatis

I have also had the issue of the phone just shutting down instead of rebooting, but this has even happened on regular reboots, not only reboots for updates.

I can't say if it is fixed since it was not happening every time, but the reboot for the last update a few days ago was OK.

Reactions: Lu5ck

ag43

Apr 28, 2008
i'm having an issue with the latest build.
my second sim's data is disabled. since i've installed latest build the phone shows "mobile data" as dissconnected although the first sim's data is on and working.

anyone else has this problem?

liv913

Sep 29, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Hi @anandsvm, I've a question for you as I'm planning to reimage my mido using this ROM.
In the past I tried another LineageOS version, but it came out that because of a wrong setting (net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc set to 1) I haven't been able to navigate correctly with my home wifi router. The issue has been tracked many times (see i.e. this link), even if it seems related only to a few routers/network providers.
I see that a ROM has fixed my issue with the following setting:
Code:
PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES += \
net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc=0

I'd like to understand if value /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc has been set to 0 or 1 on this LineageOS, and eventually understand if it can be changed to 0 in a next release. This would be great for me and for the (few) other users which might have the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
photo_2021-05-15_21-21-05.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210515-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
- Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 15 May 2021
- Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 15 May 2021
- Merged latest CAF tags as of 15 May 2021
- Add three finger swipe gesture for screenshot
- Add Dirac backend
- Add support for one shot auto-brightness

Download : Link

Gapps: OTA Works perfect with Flame and Mind Gapps

Support my efforts: Donate to Zeelog

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
OneShot AutoBrightness:

- Only update auto brightness one time when screen is turned on.
- Saves battery as sensor polling is only hapenning until a value is acquired.
- Can be useful on devices where sensor is not accurate.

Reactions: patroj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner_6.png

INTRODUCTION

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.

What's working

All Core Features of Android 12.1 Works , Including Wireless Display, Hotspot,Screen recording.

Known issues:
    -None -

SELinux Status Enforcing.
    CTS Passes without Root.

Note : All development of these amazing ROMs is done by Zeelog. The OP anandsvm is tester ,provide assistance and collect and submit bug reports.

DOWNLOAD

Telegram Channel

GitHub/OTA Release :
    Link

Dev Profile : Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 19.1 By Zeelog, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    anandsvm, Zeelog
    ROM OS Version: Android 12.1.0_r2
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2022-03-28

Created 2020-11-04
    banner_6.png

Lineage-19.1-Android 12.1 - 20220328-UNOFFICIAL mido- Vanilla- : Zeelog

Gapps : Use Mindgapps only, Because right now its updated for 12.1-Link

Changelog:
    March security patch
    - LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12.1)
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 28 March 2022
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 28 March 2022
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 28 March 2022
    - Add option to disable QS on lockscreen - Fixed auto brightness toggle from previous release

Download: Link

Los group : Link

Note :
    *All the source side features are fixed now. Encryption dont try it .
    * Clean flash recommended.
    photo_2022-02-19_22-57-48.jpg

Lineage-19.0-20220219-UNOFFICIAL-mido- Vanilla- Pre release : Zeelog

Changelog:
    - Initial release

Download: Link

Gapps : Use Flame or Bit Gapps Latest

Note :
    Clean flash with Data wipe recommended , Tested this ROM 45 days no app crash, lags, Report to app dev if any issues. Vilte not working.

Audiofx and Monet theming WIP.

Dual SIM data is fixed.

Report Gapps issues to Gapps Dev.
    Android 12 is coming. We are testing the early builds.
    Most of the bugs are fixed now.
    Some minor issues left is
    Gesture, Button short cuts and LTE in second SIM slot.
    The minor issues is because of LoS Developer team is slow off the blocks ( they have personal life too) regarding Android 12.
    Rest assured our great Developer Zeelog is working hard to bring Android 12 to mido with full stability and performance.

(P.S Android 12 Runs great with Mido in early Test Builds)
    IMG-20211014-WA0011.jpg

Guys good news Android 12 is coming for mido. Most of the features working. No major issues in early test build.
    Will be released once source is stable.